Nifty 3D Screenshots Of Spore Galactic Adventures

Posted by Brad (3050 posts) -
This tickled my geeky fascination with portable Web technology too much not to post it. EA and Maxis have sent out a couple of 3D screenshots of Galactic Adventures, the first expansion pack for Spore that's coming out soon. I'm counting on this pack to give Spore the kind of narrative longevity it lacked after you got into the final space phase and had to keep doing the same few mission types over and over ad nauseam. If the Spore player base cranks out a lot of cool missions and story arcs with the included tools, it could be fun to jump back into the ruler's throne in my empire of Flatula and begin dominating the galaxy again.

This one here they call "Infestation."

And this one's "Concert in the Park."

Here's some new regular screenshots too, for the depth-challenged among you.

Staff
#1 Posted by Brad (3050 posts) -
This tickled my geeky fascination with portable Web technology too much not to post it. EA and Maxis have sent out a couple of 3D screenshots of Galactic Adventures, the first expansion pack for Spore that's coming out soon. I'm counting on this pack to give Spore the kind of narrative longevity it lacked after you got into the final space phase and had to keep doing the same few mission types over and over ad nauseam. If the Spore player base cranks out a lot of cool missions and story arcs with the included tools, it could be fun to jump back into the ruler's throne in my empire of Flatula and begin dominating the galaxy again.

This one here they call "Infestation."

And this one's "Concert in the Park."

Here's some new regular screenshots too, for the depth-challenged among you.

Staff
#2 Posted by DiGiTaL_SiN (1789 posts) -

Meh... Spore still seems pretty boring to me. I really don't get it.

#3 Posted by Blinck (185 posts) -

Humm, too bad this 3D thing costs so much in image quality.
Never played the game though, probably never will

#4 Posted by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

whats so fascinating about SPORE????? it seems like a peice of garbage to me. and from what i've heard others have said about it, its totally garbage.

#5 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

The future!

i'm sorry, Spore it still too janky for me.

It's not garbage, it's just nothing looks nor moves well.

#6 Posted by PeasForFees (2411 posts) -

Need I say more?

#7 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Looks like Spore!

#8 Edited by Scooper (7881 posts) -

The textures in spore look ass.

#9 Edited by Mysterysheep (363 posts) -

Spore wasn't necessarily a bad game but it wasn't that great either. After you got over the initial amazement of evolution it got old really quick. Perhaps Galactic Adventures can help this by adding some extra depth that wasn't previously in the game but I feel paying $20 to fix a game isn't worth it.

#10 Posted by SoulEdgeSlayer (534 posts) -
sidescroller said:
"Wow,  I didn't know what you meant by "3D Image" until i clicked and dragged the image, then I was all like WHOA AWESOME."
Thanks!  I was actually staring at it without blinking, thinking that is was like those psychedelic hidden picture things.  Haha.
#11 Posted by SuperMooseman (358 posts) -
@Scooper They don't look like that in-game, that's just the 3D image quality.
@MysterySheep just about sums up my thoughts.
Spore wasn't necessarily a bad game but it wasn't that great either. After you got over the initial amazement of evolution it got old really quick. Perhaps Galactic Adventures can help this by adding some extra depth that wasn't previously in the game but I feel paying $20 to fix a game isn't worth it.

#12 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

Never played Spore. I was interested before it came out, but then it rather floundered and went away. It was a great idea, but I think it was too open. So not sure a expansion back will fix it!

#13 Posted by FuzzYLemoN (1600 posts) -

Wow, people sure do love to hate on Spore. You all disgust me.

#14 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

Looking forward to what they have next!

#15 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3341 posts) -

So they still haven't finished releasing Spore?

#16 Posted by TwoLines (2813 posts) -

It's.. the future. AAH!
Spore was cool I guess- I don't regret buying it.
The images look quite nice actualy, those may be some pretty fun scenarios.
BUT- paying 20 bucks to make Spore a better game? Hmm..
I mean shouldn't they try to appeal to the people by GIVING this update for free? Or at least- lower the price to 10 bucks?
I guess maxis will be maxis with it's addons.

#17 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
SuperMooseman said:
"@Scooper They don't look like that in-game, that's just the 3D image quality.
I'm not talking about the blur of the picture, that's to be expected from a 3d screenshot. I'm talking about the size of the textures. I mean, look at that road and that aweful wooden thing that you see when you look behind you on the second screen.
#18 Posted by EntwineX (74 posts) -

I liked Spore for the first play through, but it had barely any replay value so I kinda regret paying the full price for it and no way I'm gonna spend more for expansions. The 3D screenshots are cool tho, want more of those in the future.

#19 Posted by Carlos1408 (1514 posts) -

Well i really enjoyed Spore, and this expansion pack seems it will really add to the experience, however i did get bored of it quite fast, but I think I can get into it again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.