With a story made up of the three eras in the Star Trek universe, Star Trek Legacy allows players to take control of many Federation star ships and combat the likes of Klingons, Romulans, and the Borg collective.
The game puts the player in the shoes of many of the most famous captains in Trek history, including:
* Jonathan Archer (Enterprise NX-01 - Enterprise)
* James T. Kirk (USS Enterprise - TOS)
* James T. Kirk (USS Enterprise Refit, Enterprise-A - TOS Movies)
* Jean-Luc Picard (USS Stargazer - TNG)
* Jean-Luc Picard (Enterprise-D - TNG and Generations)
* Jean-Luc Picard (Enterprise-E - First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis)
* Kathryn Janeway (USS Voyager - Star Trek Voyager series)
* Benjamin Sisko (USS Defiant - Star Trek Deep Space Nine series)
Players take control of a maximum of four ships in every mission. Though sometimes they are set (usually just one for the sake of story, ie - the Enterprise's), players will have the opportunity to choose their own fleet from early Starfleet scout ships to everyone's favourite Galaxy class star ship.
Star Trek Legacy also supports four player co-op and multiplayer. In the co-op mode, or skirmish, the players control one ship each. In skirmish, the game throws wave after wave of enemies at the players. The game also supports a standard deathmatch, both team and solo. In both modes, the players can choose which of the game's four factions they wish to control a ship from.
All of the captain's voices are done by the actors who originally played them.
In Star Trek Legacy players may control a single ship, or a squadron of up to four ships. The starships can be controlled with a general pitch, yaw, forward propulsion, as well "warp" capabilities. The gameplay in general is intended to be tactical, with users often needing to take advantage of all the ships in their squadron -- controlling their weapons fire, movement, and repairs. Managing your ships can be done with a 2D top down display of the game area where you can issue specific movement or attack commands.
The PC version of the game supports mods, and Bethesda has released a Mission Editor tool allowing users to freely customize missions, available for download on the Bethesda website.
Star Trek: Enterprise Era
- Episode I: Those in Need
- Episode II: Breakwater
- Episode III: Be my Shepherd
- Episode IV: Poisoned Well
- Episode V: Stirring the Hive
Star Trek: The Original Series Era
- Episode VI: The Squeeze
- Episode VII: Behind Enemy Lines
- Episode VIII: Firestorm
- Episode IX: At The Gates
- Episode X: Omega
Star Trek: The Next Generation Era
- Episode XI: Revelations
- Episode XII: Ambush
- Episode XIII: Anger and Mercy
- Episode XIV: Generals
- Episode XV: Logical Conclusions
Xbox 360 Game Installation
Star Trek Legacy requires 5.7GB of space to install on an Xbox 360 HDD.
- Windows XP, Vista
- DirectX 9.0c
- Intel Pentium 4 (2.66GHz or higher, or AMD Athlon XP 2800 or higher
- DirectX 9 compatible AGP 8X or PCI Express Video card, 128 MB VRAM, Pixel Shader 1.4
- 512 MB RAM
- 5 GB free hard disk space
- LAN or Broadband connection (DSL or Cable) for multiplayer