Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

So who Enjoyed the game? (Potential Spoilers)

TFG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TFG

Personally I think Jeff is right in that the games difficulty jumps up to epic levels in some parts of the game. But after those parts I was generally having a great time with the game. I mean, it is not that long of a game and as such doesn't really overstay it's welcome. I'll probably play through the game a few more times in the future. But I feel pretty good about it overall.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Alphazero

Yeah, I agree. With the exception of the Star Destroyer, which sucked, I didn't mind the extra hard boss fights. It was just figuring out the trick for each one.

I'm a super huge Star Wars fan, so you have to factor that in, but there were large sections of it that were just flat out awesome. The light saber animations when you were fighting a boss were incredible. I loved the entire Death Star sequence, especially the big room where all the beams came together. Picking up a storm trooper, hitting him with lightning, then throwing him as a grenade at others... that never gets old for me. Great art direction throughout. I really liked the trophy room of the sadistic imperial guy on Kashyyyk.

I want to think about it more before writing up a review, but I'd call it a four star game. Some big flaws for sure, but I just had too much fun to give it less.

Burns09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Burns09

I thought this game was well worth the money and wait. It was simply just a fun time messing with guys with my force powers. Also the story was excellent, especially the last scene of the light side ending. Now this game was no Bioshock, not at all, but still overall a great game. But I am also a huge star wars fan so that does change my opinion of the game a little bit.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I enjoyed the story, but absolutely hated the game.  I'm all for a good challenge but when it stops being fair and starts being a pain in my ass, I lose all faith in the product.  Thank god for a good story though, otherwise I would of never finished it.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Emilio

Yeah, I kinda liked it. Its somewhat broken and poorly designed, but it was still a good play.

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By trulyalive

Yeah, I enjoyed it. I'm gonna play through again at a harder setting though.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Willy105

I enjoyed the story a lot.

The game itself can be thrown away.

keoskey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By keoskey

i liked the game i just dont think its got much replay value to me i just cant get myself to pick it up again and play it again for the last few achevments need i might go back soon but not now

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Demilich

I enjoyed aspects of it. When the mechanics work together it's great using your force powers to terrorize Stormtroopers. The graphics can be stunning too. Unfortunately it goes from joke easy to rape your mother hard in an instant, and has the worst targetting system known to man.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By dudacles

I loved it. The game wasn't as difficult as Jeff made it out to be either. The only area I had genuine trouble with was the first room of the Death Star level, but that makes sense, as it was the final level. Great game overall.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By mattysen

Yeah the first room in the Death Star was hard considering you had no idea where to go, the final boss was pretty hard too

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Meowayne

The Wii controls add a lot to this game. Gesture-based force powers, lightsaber moves and QTEs make this a very pleasant experience.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @Meowayne said:
    " The Wii controls add a lot to this game. Gesture-based force powers, lightsaber moves and QTEs make this a very pleasant experience. "
    I have to massively disagree here, using the Wii didn't make it remotely feel like actually being a Jedi or using a lightsaber, it simply felt like a very clunky version of the same game.  The 360/PS3 versions benefit a lot more by having much better level design and fun physics.  QTE's should be irridicated from every game in existance, gesture based or not, it's simply a cheap way of avoiding any real gameplay.

Personally, I felt the game was OK.  It's worth playing through for the story, but nothing more..  The developers should have realised right off the bat that very first level were you're playing as Vader was the best part of the whole game.  You felt powerful, and it was a lot of fun.  It would have been difficult to make the game challenging like that, but it doesn't seem like they even attempted to, instead by the second level almost every single enemy you come across is imune to your powers, so instead of it being a fun, physics based game about using force powers, it becomes nothing but a mediocre brawler with awkward platforming segments.

There's definitely potiential for a sequel to be really good..  The part where you have to pull down the Star Destroyer was probably my favourite part of the game, as you had to use the analogue sticks to munevure it around and actually pull it down.  It was the one part of the game, on either the 360 or the Wii that it felt like you were actually using force powers.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By CL60

Imo, the game gets far more hate then it really deserves.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.