Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Starbound

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Jul 22, 2016

Traverse lush procedurally-generated star systems in this 2D sci-fi sandbox platformer similar to Terraria and Minecraft.

Giant Bomb Starbound server (defunct)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So it would appear that the last server crash wiped the universe again. :(

No Caption Provided

(Just kidding Karsh you da best)

Bonus soda:

No Caption Provided

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Wait, so... everything's gone? What happened to the backups?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sabata: Also, I like that your saxophone is in the '1' slot. You have your priorities set.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I can't join the games.toasttopia.com server because it's saying it's running on a older version.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle: works for me. Are you sure Steam for some reason didn't auto-update your client?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256  Edited By Ravelle

@ravelle: works for me. Are you sure Steam for some reason didn't auto-update your client?

Well, auto update is on by default with most of my games plus I didn't know I had to have an older version of the game. ;p

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Karsh

.. wait, did the base really wipe again? Because I have backups.

edit: It sure did. Sorry about that! Backup restored.

Here's a cool thing from last night's spawn, immortalized in screenshot form:

No Caption Provided

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karsh said:

.. wait, did the base really wipe again? Because I have backups.

Yup

macks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice art board!

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: you never know when you're gonna need to jam the fuck OUT

macks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By macks
    No Caption Provided

Animathias gave me a sweet paint tool, so I thought I'd draw his character.

macks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262  Edited By macks
    No Caption Provided

I have IMPROVED it.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking of getting this, but I may wait until it's officially released. Do you get anything for being in the early access?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking of getting this, but I may wait until it's officially released. Do you get anything for being in the early access?

Yeah. Bugs and character wipes. You may want to wait, but they haven't even announced a release date. The good part of the early access is seeing them roll in big updates at a frequent rate.

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does the server have password now, because I got wrong password notification?

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reposting for this page, the password is 'duder'.

roninenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't seem to connect. Just says join failed

mijuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joined Karsh's server just fine but can't seem to teleport down to the planet again :-( I have never played Terraria and this is my first time playing Starbound and it's all so confusing :-)

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been having a blast playing with you guys. Good community as usual. I built a community house on the planet it was starting people on. I have it full of items for people to use to get started. Nobody's destroyed it or stolen anything. There's actually more stuff in there every time I go back. Any other public server and that stuff would have got jacked so quick lol.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Robo

So I decided to add a few things to our...eclectic little town. It's certainly no rainbow airship, but you may notice the new Luchadeer above the stage someone built earlier (sorry I don't recall your name).

No Caption Provided

Also working on an art museum off to the right of the spawn. I plan to fill it with a bunch of this stuff I've been collecting with no home base of my own to show it off in. Once it's up feel free to add your own stuff.

No Caption Provided

I got a bit more done than this but the server is up and down at the moment. Just filling in the background of the top floors then I'll dig out the basement levels. I need more snow first.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

starbound.redco.in gives me a joined failed error. Entering the password doesn't seem to help.

thefeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272  Edited By thefeta

Quick gameplay question? I totally by accident reset my home planet and totally forget where my original home planet is and what it is called. Anyway to figure out where you started? I stashed a ton of stuff in my first house and now I am lost in space. :( At least I still have my toilet and shower on the ship....whew

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry about the downtime, just woke up. Server's back up.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thefeta: Fairly certain it isn't possible to find, other than by sheer coincidence. You gotta take notes of all the coords.

thefeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok lesson learned i guess. thanks

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The coordinates in the OP dont seem to get me where i need to be going. What am i doing wrong here?

KSCK26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By KSCK26

I've always wanted to get involved in a GB game community and this game is the one I'm making the leap with. I just can't get into the server for the life of me. Its telling me duder is the wrong password, any help?

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By development

@ksck26: are you putting it into the second text box? It goes in the third one. I've made that mistake.

@peritus The spawn planet is directly on top of another planet. Make sure you click on 'c,' not 'b.' Also, you need to make sure you're in Alpha sector before inputting the coords, as well as make sure you're zoomed out on the universe map all the way.

KSCK26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@development: I've been leaving the second box empty and putting the password in the right spot, it just says its incorrect

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ksck26: I really have no idea, then. Double check and see if Steam installed the latest update automatically.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By Karsh

Some dude made some server tools. Now the server should reboot automatically.

edit: the server crashed and I got to watch it in action. It totally doesn't work on Windows 8, and totally doesn't cover my server's particular problems.

So I rewrote it. And it works! At least, it did for the last crash. We'll see how it works in the future.

The things I do for video games..

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah hell, just before I could put some finishing touches on that museum, poof, it's gone.

Luckily I have spares of about half of what was there. I really need more lights now tho.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By Karsh

@robo: Hopefully this won't be as much of a problem in the future--I'm doing hourly backups now.

---

I looked into adding a web interface, but Windows 8 and nodejs do not want to cooperate. And I probably shouldn't open my desktop to the web, anyways.

Hopefully in a few patches the server software will be more stable so I can host this thing off of my VPS. Dealing with Windows 8 backups and batch files has been a weird and awful learning experience.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Robo

@karsh: No big deal, already rebuilt the museum. Even added a storage basement and a couple new exhibits. Hopefully it at least makes it to the next update wipe.

No Caption Provided

Anyone who drops by should feel free to contribute. I may move things around a bit here and there so it doesn't get too cluttered.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@robo: Wow, that looks nice. I need to try and make something sometime, rather than just go planet hopping.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By Ravelle

Entering the home planets cords bring me back to me own starting planet for some reason. Alpha RX Lep Majoris I.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288  Edited By development

@ravelle said:

Entering the home planets cords bring me back to me own starting planet for some reason. Alpha RX Lep Majoris I.

Not entirely sure why that would be, but spawn planet is on Majoris "III," not "I." The spawn planet is actually directly on top of another planet, so you want to click the correct one. It's "c."

By the way, this seems to be a huge problem for new people... if there's ever a chance at finding a new home or moving our planet to a new location (no idea if that'll be possible), I suggest we take it.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

Not entirely sure why that would be, but spawn planet is on Majoris "III," not "I." The spawn planet is actually directly on top of another planet, so you want to click the correct one. It's "c."

By the way, this seems to be a huge problem for new people... if there's ever a chance at finding a new home or moving our planet to a new location (no idea if that'll be possible), I suggest we take it.

Found it, I entered the cords and browsed for it manually instead of using the ship.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By development

@ravelle: That happened to me the first time I tried getting there. Entered the coords and it gave me the wrong planet.

Wait... are the coords in OP wrong?

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle: That happened to me the first time I tried getting there. Entered the coords and it gave me the wrong planet.

Wait... are the coords in OP wrong?

Nah, they're right but putting in the cords and pressing GO! doesn't bring you to the planet but to the galaxy overview, I needed to look for the right system and planet and click land.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Ravelle

Neat!

Also, I'm hoping they'll include hoverboards soon because walking to my place every time I enter the server sure takes a while. The server doesn't remember the last location you were on when it went down.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These screenshots are insane! Definitely willing to purchase this if some GB duders are willing to help a noob. Not super experienced with Terraria (think i've put maybe 2 hours into it).

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By Ravelle

These screenshots are insane! Definitely willing to purchase this if some GB duders are willing to help a noob. Not super experienced with Terraria (think i've put maybe 2 hours into it).

It's way more user friendly than Terraria and there's a tutorial now. There's usually a couple of guys in the chat who're willing to help out with questions too. :)

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

@bboys2231 said:

It's way more user friendly than Terraria and there's a tutorial now. There's usually a couple of guys in the chat who're willing to help out with questions too. :)

Yep, people tend to be pretty helpful on the server.

Also,

@ravelle said:

Neat!

Also, I'm hoping they'll include hoverboards soon because walking to my place every time I enter the server sure takes a while. The server doesn't remember the last location you were on when it went down.

I hope they put in some kind of "teleport beacon" or something, so you can effectively reset your spawn point on a planet. My SP home world has a nice Floran village I would like to set up in, but it's a trip to the left each time.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So that watchdog script totally works. The server crashed this afternoon and was automatically rebooted in a few minutes.

Now whenever the server goes down, try it again in a few minutes.

Robo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Expaned/upgraded the museum. We were already running out of space.

Whoever added the Glitchspeare portrait, Apex statue, and animal skin, well done. I'll try to keep some spare lights in a locker in the basement.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time I log back in, I'm somewhere different than where I left my ship. I'm burning through tons of fuel just flying back to the home sector every time I log in. And is the watchdog script what it sounds like? Someone I partied up with totally tried to jack diamonds from my ship. It would be awesome if there was a log or if it announced to the server when someone is removing items. I haven't had any problems personally besides the one dude, and that may have been a misunderstanding. The people in the server have been great and willing to help and share, so it just seemed strange since I would have just given the dude some. No need to be sketchy, folks. lol. This is definitely the best public server I've been on though. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.