Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Help with my account

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoG

So, It's been a long time since I've used Steam. I'm buying a new computer soon, and want to access my old account, which has all of my purchased games, and my stats in those games. I've run into a problem, though: I can't access it. I've attempted entering every e-mail I've ever had in the "send lost password" box, but it doesn't recognize any of them. The computer which I once used the account on is dead, so I can't use it to figure things out. Anybody know what I can do to try and access the account? I tracked down my page here. It doesn't appear to have any useful information, though. 
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By George_Hukas

Ok I am having this problem as we speak. Bump for great justice.

I can log into Steam because it remembers my pass. But I can't change it. Steam doesn't recognize my username or email! I can't send a support ticket because they want my pass! wtf

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

Still investigating the matter. I contacted Steam support, but I need information from the credit card used to buy the games. It was my mother's card, and I think the last purchase I made was the Orange Box in 2007. She lost the card and got a new one.  
    Anyone have any solutions?
    ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By ZombiePie

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.