Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Autumn Sale!

• 199 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
    deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@Titus: I'm actually about to get the Total War megapack along with L.A. Noire and Zeno Clash. The only one I'm thinking of ditching is Total War. Any suggestions, help?

Edit: I decided against the Total War pack, maybe during the Christmas sale?

nickb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By nickb64

@GorillaMoPena said:

Duke Nukem is still not worth it at 6.79

I'd buy this for a dollar.

Maybe.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By MidgardDragon

Damn you. Well since EA didn't bother to bring the first Mass Effect over for PS3 and thus my time with ME2 felt like BS that I didn't care about, I guess I can spend 9.99 for ME1. *goes to Can You Run It* F*ck I can, and it says it will work great too. BYE BYE MONEY.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#104  Edited By Brake

I shouldn't really buy anything, but a great deal on Witcher 2 and Dirt3 could convince me otherwise. Then I'll just eat shoestrings for a couple days next week.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Natedogg2

There's a few games that I have my eye on, if they drop low enough (like Bastion and Binding of Issac) I'll pick up. Otherwise, yeah, I've kind of hit the point where I own a lot of the games that I really want to own. I guess we'll see how this sale (and the winter sale) end up.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Buscemi

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: I don't know man... those games are totally badass. Especially with the Darthmods that overhaul just about everything about the game, most significantly the AI. I bought it and played about an hour of each game, and sure, Rome is a bit dated, but I just love the feel of it. It hasn't really aged badly, it's just a simpler version of the later installments. Vanilla Medieval II had some major problems (mainly with the Papal States), but Darthmod fixes all that.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By phrosnite

Today I'm hoping for 75% off DA:UE. Buying it without a second thought.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#108  Edited By RTSlord

oooh KOTOR is only 5 bucks. i really dont want to spend money on stuff, but ive never played KOTOR, is it worth it?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By MezZa

Damn Deus Ex and Dead Island both getting daily deals on the same day. My wallets going to take a hit, but I can't resist.

RyanMatthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By RyanMatthew

Just Portal 2 for me so far. Gonna hold off to see what else is available later on before buying anything else.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By phrosnite

Bought Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena for 5 euro. *dancing*

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#112  Edited By Atlas

You know, I really hoped Dead Island would be one of the discounted games, and I was really excited when I first saw it's a Daily Deal and 50% off...but when I thought about it I'm starting to have second thoughts.

You see, I know Dead Island is a long game, and I probably won't want to jump to another long open-ended game after my adventures in Skyrim. When I'm finally done with Skyrim (maybe that should be if...), there are still other games that I would probably be higher on my list than Dead Island. I played The Witcher 1 this year, loved it, played the first couple of hours of The Witcher 2, put it down, and failed to get back to it before Skyrm came out. I never finished Dragon Age II and really want to finish it, I still haven't played Fallout: New Vegas or Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and who knows...maybe by the time I'm done with all those games, it'll be 2012 and Mass Effect 3 and Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will be coming out.

So it could be a good few months before I'd actually get round to playing Dead Island, which is PLENTY of time for the game to be discounted more than 50%. There have been instances in the past when I jumped on a sale, only to see a better sale a couple of months down the line, and it's always annoying.

Maybe I should just sit on this one, and actually play a smart game. But then again, where is it written that you're supposed to be smart during a Steam sale? It kinda seems like missing the point.

Also, I pre-ordered Deus Ex and haven't played it yet. And now it's on sale for £15. I fail at life.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#113  Edited By kalmis

@RTSlord: Yes definitely |

Nothing for me today

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By kishinfoulux

Always good stuff but stuff I already have.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By MezZa

@Atlas:

I'm starting to have second thoughts about Dead Island now too for the same reasons. I probably won't be able to play it til after the holidays, and the winter sale will hit then anyway. I think I'll take my chances that it'll be discounted more during the winter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Waiting for NFS Hot Pursuit to go 75% off. trying to avoid buying extra games I really don't want, I have too many I need to play already..

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

So I want to take another time through Bastion, because I'm considering making it my GOTY. It's on for 33% off right now, but I'm hoping it's a daily sale and goes for 50 or 75% off.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#118  Edited By jacdg

This is the first Steam sale where I actually can buy anything (just got a proper PC, which can run games) but nothing have caught my eye so far, will probably wait for the Christmas sale before I start buying some games, I haven't ever played any games on PC, so there's going to be a lot of interesting stuff. I hope Skyrim, Shogun: Total War and Civ 5 will see some great discounts.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#119  Edited By Atlas

@JacDG: Don't expect to see anywhere near a significant discount on Skyrim. It's too new, and even Steam isn't that awesome. I'm pretty sure the Total War games were on sale yesterday, but I don't know if Shogun 2 was included.

Civ 5 will totally get a discount, if not this sale then at Christmas. It's been on sale plenty of times before. And that is an awful lot of game you can get for not an awful lot of money.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jacdg

@Atlas said:

@JacDG: Don't expect to see anywhere near a significant discount on Skyrim. It's too new, and even Steam isn't that awesome. I'm pretty sure the Total War games were on sale yesterday, but I don't know if Shogun 2 was included.

Civ 5 will totally get a discount, if not this sale then at Christmas. It's been on sale plenty of times before. And that is an awful lot of game you can get for not an awful lot of money.

Sadly, Shogun wasn't in that pack, if it had been I would've gotten it ASAP. I probably won't buy any games now, I've heard the Christmas sales are the craziest, so I'll hold out for those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
    deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalmis: Thanks for the Runespell tip. I played about an 1.5hrs of it, and it's really interesting. Along with Puzzlequest, I'm digging the 'RPG as a sauce' concept.

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: Zeno Clash is really worth seeing. I enjoyed the first-person brawling mechanics, but it's really the visual style that kept me going; there isn't anything quite like it.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By RTSlord

just bought KOTOR. excited to get into it, always heard this game was amazing

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#123  Edited By Milkman

GTA IV for 5 bucks is ridiculous. Also, Dead Island for $20 seems pretty good.

ikaruga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ikaruga

nothing for me today. Dead island looked interesting but I already have so many backlog and I bet it will be cheaper during the winter sale. Also why is KOTOR discount is only 50%? I'm pretty sure that when I bought on a steam sale a long time ago it was ridiculously cheap like a dollar or so

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By jacdg

@RTSlord said:

just bought KOTOR. excited to get into it, always heard this game was amazing

It's pretty great! I think I got through most of the game a few years back, then my computer broke and I never finished it, if I had the time to play it. I'd have picked it up ASAP.

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By benpicko

@Milkman said:

GTA IV for $5 always seems to be the go-to deal along with Borderlands.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By CL60
    @benpicko said:

@Milkman said:

GTA IV for $5 always seems to be the go-to deal along with Borderlands.

Yeah, I'm kind of mad I bought monkey island 1 and 2 with my leftover money now. I would've rather bought GTA IV.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been sitting here for like 10 minutes contemplating if I should buy the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age Origins for $15.

God damn you Steam!

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Vestigial_Man

Gifted Terraria to a friend and got Star Wars Battlefront 2 for myself.

I loved that game so much when it was new, £3.89 to play it again was a no-brainer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bastion is 7.50 on Origin, grabbed that. Hoping Hot Pursuit goes down to 5 on Steam or Origin.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#131  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Sauson said:

I've been sitting here for like 10 minutes contemplating if I should buy the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age Origins for $15.

God damn you Steam!

Can I be honest? I loved the game, but the DLC is shit for the most part. Awakening was good, the best of the lot. Leliana's Song was also quite good, but very short. Leliana is my favorite character in the whole series, so I'm probably biased towards everything that features her, but still, the DLC is fine. The rest range from meh (Golems) to "I'd rather be anally probed!" (Witch Hunt). This last one made me completely hate the whole game, with that fucking stupid broken ending.

If you can get just the core game and choose which DLCs you get, I'd recommend doing that. Otherwise, the Ultimate Edition for $15 is still a hell of a deal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JoeyRavn: Return to Ostagar was alright, gives you a good set of armor to put on Al. Warden's Keep is worth playing once.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Dalai

Dead Island at $20 can wait. Everything else is pretty blah right now. Haven't bought a thing this sale.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Titus: Yeah, I may end up buying it if comes around on best of deals day. I ended up just getting Zeno Clash and L.A. Noire.

What do ya'll think of today's deals? I'm looking at getting Dead Island and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (for Escape from Butcher Bay). I have next to no interest in the Pitch Black universe, and very little knowledge of it as well.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By bybeach

I think they have those sales just to keep their graphic artist employed. My favorite is the cat though, because it reminds me so much of maggie my feline.

I saw a few things I would like today, but I`m going to wait for the big xmas sale.

Spiegel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Spiegel

I just got GTA IV Complete Edition for 10 bucks today. Actually, I'm just buying games below the $10 mark, and saving the rest for the Christmas sale. With Skyrim and Batman and Assassin's Creed, I wouldn't play Deus Ex or Dead Island anyway. Here's hoping that they get even cheaper by then.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Buscemi

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: So, my experience with L.A. Noire was a very bad one. I loved it at first, but then I realized how flawed so many parts of the game were. Especially the interrogation parts, oh man. The shooting's pretty "meh" as well, not bad, but not very good. Overall I just came to hate Phelps as a character because he does things that are so erratic, which you have no control over. Zeno Clash on the other hand can be really fun to play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Titus: I really like Phoenix Wright, though...

I want a procedural like Phoenix Wright with some westernized characters. Phoenix Wright can get really goofy at times, hopefully L.A. Noire will be less goofy.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Buscemi

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1: Be sure to write something about it when you're done with it!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#140  Edited By Bollard

For anyone in the UK, does it end at 6pm on Sunday or is 6pm the start of the last day of the sale? I'm waiting to see all the deals but I don't wanna miss the general stuff that's on all the time by waiting for the final day!

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By MezZa

Eh, nothing for me today. Might pick up the Civ V dlc leaders that I'm missing while they're 66% off.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By RTSlord

nothing for me today, although the civ 5 dlc is pretty tempting. bahhhhh, where is my costume quest daily deal???

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#143  Edited By A_Dog

Is tomorrow going to be another set of sales or a recap?

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By MikkaQ

This sale has been pretty lame so far. Haven't found anything I didn't already own or wanted.

RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RTSlord

broke down and bought 3 things of dlc for civ 5. and yeah, this sale has been kind of a bummer for me, but only because i dont have a ton of money and a bad laptop (plus not a ton of time to play games)

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By jacdg

Civ 5 GOTY edition for 66% off, probably going to get that! Almost bought it yesterday, glad I didn't.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#147  Edited By DjCmeP

Bought Limbo. I'm gonna buy Runaway 3 tomorrow and maybe Bastion if it goes on sale as a daily deal.

@MikkaQ: Well..there's gonna be a Christmas sale in about 3 weeks so what did you expect?

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#148  Edited By A_Dog
    gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By gike987

Bought Limbo. Not a very good sale so far, but I'm sure the christmas sale will be better.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#150  Edited By BeachThunder

@ryanrulez said:

Serious Sam Double D and Random Encounter are both half off.

They looked interesting, might pick them up.

I honestly wouldn't bother with Random Encounter :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.