Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Autumn Sale!

• 199 results
    DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#151  Edited By DjCmeP

I broke down and bought the Broken Sword trilogy pack.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By JoeyRavn

Another day without buying anything. So far, only Orcs Must Die! If I end up not buying anything tomorrow, I've decided to get the Skyward Sword golden Wiimote bundle...

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#153  Edited By Bollard

Anyone who doesn't have Limbo should buy it or they are a bad human being.

I might get The Polynomial for funzies.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By wefwefasdf

I picked up Limbo but nothing else has really caught my eye. There is still one more day though!

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Rockanomics

@Chavtheworld said:

Anyone who doesn't have Limbo should buy it or they are a bad human being.

I was actually just thinking of buying a bunch of copies and giving them away, damn I love that game.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By Natedogg2

I'm making my first purchase of the sale - Limbo. I also agree this sale hasn't been too exciting. Maybe they're having too many of these sales (they had a Halloween sale, then a Thanksgiving sale, and I'm sure they're going to have a Christmas sale).

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157  Edited By avidwriter

Either the sales have been kinda meh or I just don't see anything I want at all. I only got some DLC for 24cents so far.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Heltom92

Well it's so close to the christmas sales I guess they are saving the good stuff for then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c69b4d231869
    deactivated-5c69b4d231869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@MikkaQ: Have you browsed the indie and casual stuff? I've found a few titles that I've never seen on the daily deals before and decided to go for: Runespell, Puzzle Quest, Vigil and some others.

I'm thinking of getting Kane and Lynch, The Club, Tell of Tales Complete Pack and Zen Bound 2. Odd choices, I know, but a game designer I respected gave an apologia for Kane and Lynch, The Club seems like it might be a fun, aracde-y shooter, and I'm a pretentious gamer who likes pretentious game, so the last two would be a good fit. Waiting for Rage to get into the $20 zone, so hopefully come holiday sale it'll drop.

Anybody got an opinion on Achron? I saw the "quick look" but all I saw was a bunch of dudes being baffled.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#160  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I don't know if I should buy The Witcher 2 now, or hope the price is lower during the christmas sale

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#161  Edited By A_Dog

@SirPsychoSexy said:

I don't know if I should buy The Witcher 2 now, or hope the price is lower during the christmas sale

If you're not going to play it before Christmas just wait. Amazon or someone might even have a sale.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#162  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Damnit. Why do all these awesome steam sales have to happen at the exact moment I have absolutely no money to spend on stuff like games? I can't even afford to get one or two cheap games like I usually can.

Rusputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Rusputin

Glad they put Orcs Must Die up.... but it always hurts when you buy something early in the sale (Splinter Cell pack!), then they drop the price on the franchise even more two days later. ;(

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#164  Edited By Torrim

I bought Rage on an earlier weekend deal. Coulda saved $10 bucks!

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#165  Edited By phrosnite

I was thinking of buying Splinter Cell: Conviction but remembered... Ubisoft, PC port, no patches released... not buying it anytime soon.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By DystopiaX

@ryanrulez said:

@SirPsychoSexy said:

If you're not going to play it before Christmas just wait. Amazon or someone might even have a sale.

PSA: Amazon has it now for 16 bucks, which is around what I expect it to be for Christmas.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By DystopiaX

Got Witcher 2 (16 dollars amazon) and all the Civ V civ DLC.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By StaticFalconar

part of me wished I waited until now to buy some of these games. 

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Barrock

Hmmm.

Payday: The Heist for $10? F3AR for $20?

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By MezZa

Looks like a nice day for me. Dead Space 1 & 2 for $10? I'll take that deal this time around.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#171  Edited By DjCmeP

I was thinking about buying Runaway 3 for 10 euros but I think I'll wait for the Christmas Sale. So nothing for me today...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Animasta

if you like strategy games get EU3! it's the best strategy game around.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#173  Edited By Dingofighter
    @Rusputin said:

Glad they put Orcs Must Die up.... but it always hurts when you buy something early in the sale (Splinter Cell pack!), then they drop the price on the franchise even more two days later. ;(

That's why you don't buy anything that isn't a daily sale until the last day. 
    General rule for every Steam Sale.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#174  Edited By jacdg

Nothing for me today, Civ 5 yesterday is probably all I'm getting during my first steam sale.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#175  Edited By AndrewB

Man, what a bust. I feel like I've seen everything these Steam sales have to offer. The only things I bought were The Witcher and Dragon Age Origins: The Ultimate Collection, both as gifts.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By CL60

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

That's why you don't buy anything that isn't a daily sale until the last day. General rule for every Steam Sale.

If you do that you could potentially miss out on something you wanted because it didn't go on sale again.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Cloudenvy

Nothing for me at all. : (

Oh well.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#178  Edited By s-a-n-JR

I think i'll wait for the Christmas sale; I already have games that I need to play. Hopefully Skyrim will be on sale during Christmas too.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#179  Edited By Dalai

And Limbo was the only game I bought. It's probably for the best, though. The Christmas sale is where it's at, anyway.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By bybeach

@AndrewB said:

Man, what a bust. I feel like I've seen everything these Steam sales have to offer. The only things I bought were The Witcher and Dragon Age Origins: The Ultimate Collection, both as gifts.

Thats where steam is actually pretty sharp, gifting especially this time of year

@StaticFalconar said:

part of me wished I waited until now to buy some of these games.

Otherwise this. There is a couple of Dlc's and such..damn I wish I had waited to buy Alice for example, though the dev has a right to be happy for it. The Witcher 2 will happen...xmas.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

That's why you don't buy anything that isn't a daily sale until the last day. General rule for every Steam Sale.

If you do that you could potentially miss out on something you wanted because it didn't go on sale again.

What?

Put all the games you want to buy onto your wishlist. Check daily deals every day to see if any of those games pop up at reduced prices. At the end of the sale, buy all the remaining games on your wishlist that are still on sale, but did not become a daily deal. Profit.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By CL60

@Keenblaze said:

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

What?

Put all the games you want to buy onto your wishlist. Check daily deals every day to see if any of those games pop up at reduced prices. At the end of the sale, buy all the remaining games on your wishlist that are still on sale, but did not become a daily deal. Profit.

You know games aren't on the same sale anymore from the previous deals? They are still on sale, but not nearly at the same price. For example. If you wanted GTA IV Complete pack. Earlier in these autmn deals it was like 10 bucks. Now after that day ended, it's 26 bucks. If you didn't buy it when the sale was on, the sale could end and potentially not come back for the rest of the sale.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CL60 said:

@Keenblaze said:

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

What?

You know games aren't on the same sale anymore from the previous deals? They are still on sale, but not nearly at the same price. For example. If you wanted GTA IV Complete pack. Earlier in these autmn deals it was like 10 bucks. Now after that day ended, it's 26 bucks. If you didn't buy it when the sale was on, the sale could end and potentially not come back for the rest of the sale.

Yeah, GTA IV was a daily deal, and what we're suggesting is that you buy ONLY daily deals until the end of the sale. So yes, you check the daily deals every day and buy the games you want from that, but wait until all the daily deals are done before purchasing any other games on sale, lest you buy something that goes further on sale the next day.

Example: I had Dead Space 2, Deus Ex DLC, and Call of Cthulu on my wishlist. I told myself I would buy ONLY daily deals until the end of the sale to save as much money as possible. I could've bought all 3 of those for $30 when the big sale began, but since I waited, both Dead Space 2 and Deus Ex DLC were daily deals that were discounted even more, so I bought them on the days they were daily deals, then bought Call of Cthulu today (last day) since it is still discounted although it never became a daily deal. Instead of costing $30, it all costed $17.50.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By emergency

@CL60 said:

@Keenblaze said:

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

What?

The hell is going on here.. He is completely right. You don't buy anything that isn't on the daily deal. I can't help but feel you misread.

You buy stuff that goes on daily deal, and at the end of the sale if it hasn't went to a daily deal but you still want it then and only then you buy it. Ugh, I don't even know why I'm typing this reply. Rusputin said he bought Splinter Cell outside of daily deals then got burned cause it came onto a daily deal :S

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By CL60

@emergency said:

@CL60 said:

@Keenblaze said:

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

What?

The hell is going on here.. He is completely right. You don't buy anything that isn't on the daily deal. I can't help but feel you misread.

You buy stuff that goes on daily deal, and at the end of the sale if it hasn't went to a daily deal but you still want it then and only then you buy it. Ugh, I don't even know why I'm typing this reply. Rusputin said he bought Splinter Cell outside of daily deals then got burned cause it came onto a daily deal :S

I don't know what's going on either.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By emergency

@CL60 said:

@emergency said:

@CL60 said:

@Keenblaze said:

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

What?

He never said he bought it outside of the deals, he said he bought it earlier in the sale, then it went down even more. I assumed it was a daily deal, then it went down again in another one.

You mean two daily deals for the same game? This sale was only 5 days long. He definately bought it outside of daily deals.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By CL60

@emergency said:

@CL60 said:

@emergency said:

@CL60 said:

@Keenblaze said:

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

What?

He never said he bought it outside of the deals, he said he bought it earlier in the sale, then it went down even more. I assumed it was a daily deal, then it went down again in another one.

You mean two daily deals for the same game? This sale was only 5 days long. He definately bought it outside of daily deals.

Well the way he worded it made it sound like it was already on sale to me in the deals, then went down more. Because he said he bought it early in the sale then they dropped the price even more. The "They dropped the price even more" being the part that made me assume it was already one of the deals, then went down even more later.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By MikkaQ

Does anyone have any kind words to say about Divinity 2? 10$ for a tweaked version with the expansion and more quests seems like a good deal but, I don't wanna a crappy game. I've heard it compared to Fable, which I do like, but I imagine it's a little more hardcore than Fable. I do trend to like action RPGs, but I'm not fantastic at them, so if it's super hard I might not fare well.

Rusputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Rusputin

@CL60 said:

@emergency said:

@CL60 said:

@emergency said:

@CL60 said:

@Keenblaze said:

@CL60 said:

@MaFoLu said:

@Rusputin said:

What?

Well the way he worded it made it sound like it was already on sale to me in the deals, then went down more. Because he said he bought it early in the sale then they dropped the price even more. The "They dropped the price even more" being the part that made me assume it was already one of the deals, then went down even more later.

Christ's beard, I didn't think this would spawn a debate. Originally I thought I did get it on the daily deal, but I could have been mistaken. The buy-only-daily-stuff strategy is always a good one.

But I could have sworn the only reason it caught my eye was because a big poster said FRANCHISE SALE in the daily section, and two days later it was back up again, but cheaper.

Can we all be friends now?

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#190  Edited By breadfan
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Animasta

@Breadfan said:

I kind of want to buy Europa Universalis 3. Does that make me crazy?

BUY IT. it's amazing, but you should get chronicles since EU3 complete only adds the first two expansions, and though Divine Wind was not all that well recieved, Heir to the Throne is pretty vital (divine wind also makes the political map much better looking). It's also a little confusing at start, but there's wikis and stuff that can get you started.

seriously that game is one of my favorite games ever

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By valrog

Got Hamilton's Adventure DLC, because it's awesome. Was going to acquire Thief as well, but then I remembered the first two are not not available. That makes me a sad panda. Also bought The Witcher: Enhanced Edition, because it's a masterpiece. That's about it.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By breadfan
    @Animasta: I played the demo and it seemed interesting. How hard is the learning curve for new players?
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Animasta

@Breadfan said:

@Animasta: I played the demo and it seemed interesting. How hard is the learning curve for new players?

There's a fair bit of information up front, but it's not THAT bad. and the paradox wiki is very helpful for new players.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By breadfan
    @Animasta: Just bought it. Damn you, Steam!
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Animasta

@Breadfan said:

@Animasta: Just bought it. Damn you, Steam!

a good starting nation is Castille, Portugal or England; Austria is also fairly good.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#197  Edited By WinterSnowblind

@MikkaQ said:

Does anyone have any kind words to say about Divinity 2? 10$ for a tweaked version with the expansion and more quests seems like a good deal but, I don't wanna a crappy game. I've heard it compared to Fable, which I do like, but I imagine it's a little more hardcore than Fable. I do trend to like action RPGs, but I'm not fantastic at them, so if it's super hard I might not fare well.

I haven't played a whole lot of it, but I rather enjoyed what I did play. If you're into slightly janky western RPG's, it's a good deal, just don't expect something like the Elder Scrolls.

Fable is a good comparison, it's slightly silly, there's a lot of references to things like Monty Python, but it does take itself a lot more seriously at times too and there's a lot more depth to the story and gameplay mechanics.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#198  Edited By Commisar123

If you can't afford games on a steam sale you need to start saving more money

lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#199  Edited By lumley

Steam isn't showing any new deals today, has the sale finished or is the site just not updated yet?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#200  Edited By alistercat

@Lumley: It said last day. That's it for a few weeks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.