Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Ubisoft Week on Steam

• 90 results
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#51  Edited By BeachThunder

Brothers in Arms + Star Trek Online today :o

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#52  Edited By VicRattlehead

think ill buy STO does anyone know if the steam version comes with any free playtime?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@Stealthoneill said:
    Anyone know if the Settlers games may see a day on this deal? Very much want to pick up Settlers 7 but, as I'm unsure how much time I'll actually put in, I don't want to pay full price!
    You missed the Settlers 7 day. Sorry, duder. 

I know next to nothing about Brothers in Arms. Are any of them worth picking up?
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By phrosnite

Those fuckers... They are trying to trick people into buying the Splinter Cell games and the AC games for only 33% off.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By Stealthoneill
    @Keenblaze: Ah, crap! Oh well, always happens when you actually want something from a sale, right? 

The Brothers in Arms games are OK. I wouldn't pay full price for them and can't whole heartedly recommend them but at a discount price you can't go too wrong I suppose.  

@phrosnite
    : That seems to be the plan. Sell a lot of Ubisoft's minor products while subtly pushing the others at a third off. I'd buy a Splinter Cell or AC collection if they became a daily deal and I could get them at 75% off. Also, all the Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games have crawled out of the woodwork. 
    butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By butano
    @Keenblaze: The Brothers in Arms series is, in my opinion, the best WWII franchise hands down. I'd gladly go for the pack for 10 bucks if I didn't already own them all already.
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By Rhaknar

Ass day, thought they would save that for last

AssCreed 1 and 2 66% off (double dipping on ac2 methinks)

Brotherhood 33% off

hoping for a huge Tom Clancy day for the last, i want my RB6vegas 1 :/

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BeachThunder

Well, it looks like it's finally Assassin's day (+ Samorost 2).

Edit: 33% off all games, except Brotherhood; 33% off Brotherhood XD

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rhaknar

well that except for brotherhood was because they only wanted it 1 day off, not all week.

Also, daily deal is Samorost 2, from the makers of Machinarium, for 2 bucks (or 1.60euros), if you dont buy that you are a bad bad person

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By phrosnite

So Sunday will be Splinter Cell day... NICE! If the deals are great( they will most definitely be) I will have time to go to the bank and put some money in my card :) Hurray for me. 10 hours ahead of USA :)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BeachThunder
    @Rhaknar said:
    well that except for brotherhood was because they only wanted it 1 day off, not all week.  Also, daily deal is Samorost 2, from the makers of Machinarium, for 2 bucks (or 1.60euros), if you dont buy that you are a bad bad person
    Yeah I know, but it just looks ridiculous saying that it's 33% off on one side off the banner and then saying that it's not on the other side.

Also, I didn't really enjoy Samorost 2 that much; it definitely wasn't a bad game, but it just felt very unsubstantial.
    niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By niall_sg1

Damn, was hoping for Ghost Recon to be on sale. Unless it's a Tom Clancy day tomorrow guess I'll have to wait :P 

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Rhaknar

ah I see what you mean Beach...ok, that IS funky :p

And Niall, i too am hoping for a tom clany day (but for Vegas 1 like i said before) but starting to think it might involve too many games for the banner, especially since theya re being kinda cuntish and making newer games have lower discounts.

Tom Clany has the RB6 games, splinter cell, ghost recon, hawx from the top of my hear. SC Conviction and Hawx 2 for example would probably have lower discounts. I dunno, might happen i guess, we'll see

Avatar image for rhombus_of_terror
    Rhombus_Of_Terror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

£23.44 for the deluxe AC Brotherhood, hmmm. looking elsewhere this seems like an ok deal. 

( w000p 1000th post :D )

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Jimbo

Super tempted to re-buy AC2 and Brotherhood.  Arrgh, if only I had time to play some of these games.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#66  Edited By finstern

Hopefully tomorrow will be Tom Clancy day or somthing, made myself a sale budget this time and I really want GRAW1&2 and RB6V1&2 for pc as I bought them for consoles but would also really like them on pc but nearing my sale budget after buying PoP and a couple others =S

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By Liquidus

My guess is tomorrow is a Tom Clancy day. I doesn't make sense to me to only choose Rainbow Six or Splinter Cell or whatever.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By phrosnite

10 euros for that piece of trash called AC1? Hell no!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Rhaknar

so today HAS to be a Tom Clancy day right? You cant have a Ubisoft sale without TC, thats like having a EA sale without C&C

Oh wait... EA week didnt have C&C >_> fuck

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BeachThunder

Final day: Tom Clancy Day, Surprise!

(+ NightSky...)

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Rhaknar

oh it IS a full tom clancy day, cool.

How do the Splinter Cell games hold up anyway? usually xbox1 / ps2 games still hold up well these days imo (been playing the first brothers in arms and its fine for me), i only played a bit of the first splinter cell and i got stuck somewhere and never got back to it, i remember it looking amazing at the time tho :P

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By phrosnite

Tomorrow I'm buying Splinter Cell, SC: CT and SC:DA... I'm also tempted to buy Conviction... dunno...

P.S. - If you were wondering why I said tomorrow, it's because it is 20:31 Sunday here...

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By Crono

I bought Trackmania United for 10 bucks and I have to say it was a great decision. I bought it on Weds (I think?) and have put in 5 hours already which flew by because I only play it in short bursts. There is a free version (Trackmania Nations) but United, for 10 bucks, seemed to offer a lot more so I went ahead and purchased it. Working on Green-level races and Platform events and having a lot of fun - and I refuse to move on until I Gold and event - I have gotten a couple of the Nadeo medals too but I have learned not to kill myself working on those just yet.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#74  Edited By Liquidus

I'm very tempted to buy all the Splinter Cell games. But I think I might just buy Conviction. Would I be missing out on major story components? Gameplay differences between the games?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Rhaknar

ive been wondering why Pandora Tomorow wasnt on Steam, after a little research it seems the game is broken and unfixable on newer pcs (especially with nvidia cards) since it has no shadows or lightning, and lightning is essencial for some levels, so the game is basically busted. Seems the original SC also has some of these problems but it IS fixable (which always annoys me in pc games meh)

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Rhaknar: I was in the same situation as you when Chaos Theory originally came out, and I bought and really enjoyed it. You really can't go wrong with Chaos Theory that cheap.
    Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Zimbo

So many choices! Is it worth getting Hawx and Double Agent? I've already played Chaos Theory and I'm planning on picking up conviction now. Also, possibly the Vegas and Advanced Warfighter games as well?

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Zimbo: Double Agent is horrible, do not buy it. I liked Vegas and Vegas 2 a good deal, but you have to bear in mind that they are a little janky by today's standards.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By Sooty
    @CrazyChris said:

@s7evn said:

Ugh, ubisoft DRM :(
    Excuse my noobyness, but what the heck is DRM and why is Ubisoft's so bad?
    Some of their games require you to be online, it's shitty. I was trying to play Conviction co-op with my friend and she couldn't logon as it claimed she had no Internet connection, yet I was online just fine.

Good job Ubisoft. Eventually it started working.
    Zimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Zimbo
    @President_Barackbar said:
    @Zimbo: Double Agent is horrible, do not buy it. I liked Vegas and Vegas 2 a good deal, but you have to bear in mind that they are a little janky by today's standards.
    Thanks for the help. I don't mind a little jankiness as I play a fair amount of old games still. I ended up getting Splinter Cell Conviction and the Vegas games. I'll decide on Hawx later.
    Arebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By Arebuckle

I bought all the Ghost Recons except GRAW2, I already have that on PS3 so no need for it. I was going to get a Splinter Cell but then I remembered a few things. 

1. The HD pack is out next month 
    2. I have limited broadband 
    3. I hate sitting on a game that I bought and can't play immediately 
    4. I've spent enough already

Even though I repeat these things to myself I'm still tempted. Bloody Steam.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#82  Edited By butano
    @GentlemanlyGentleman said:

I bought all the Ghost Recons except GRAW2, I already have that on PS3 so no need for it. I was going to get a Splinter Cell but then I remembered a few things.   1. The HD pack is out next month  2. I have limited broadband  3. I hate sitting on a game that I bought and can't play immediately  4. I've spent enough already  Even though I repeat these things to myself I'm still tempted. Bloody Steam.

The GRAW series on PC is a little different from console, in that it's in 1st-person instead of 3rd. It's in line with the older games than the console in terms of gameplay. Dunno if the stories are much different though. 

But I'm thinking of picking up HAWX 2. Been wanting to pick up a flight game for a while and I like what I saw in gameplay vids on YouTube. Does it have that online-only DRM the newer Ubisoft games have?
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Rhaknar

whoa, RB6 Vegas 1...does not look half as good as i remember it on the 360, wtf :/ I loved the game (and the sequel) so double dipping was a no brainer, but damn, these are some ugly textures... almost feel like popping in the 360 one to see if i just remember it with rose tinted glasses or something.

Weird, im also playing the first Brothers In Arms and since thats a xbox era game the textures dont really bother me, but for some reason it really got to me in the first lvl of Vegas 1... maybe it gets better when i get to actual vegas and everything isnt so brown? I still love the gameplay tho

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By warxsnake
    @JoeyRavn said:
    @CrazyChris said:

@s7evn said:

Ugh, ubisoft DRM :(
    Excuse my noobyness, but what the heck is DRM and why is Ubisoft's so bad?
    Digital Rights Management. It's a counter-piracy measure. Ubisoft's DRM needed the PC to be connected at all times to the Internet to recieve some packages from the Ubisoft serves that allowed the game to continue to be played. Besides that, it only allowed for a limited amount of installations. Basically, you are penalized for buying the game. It's much easier to pirate it and play it whenever and however you want. Very shitty stuff.PS: Eh, maybe the latest Splinter Cell could be cool, if it's on sale.
    Except Ubisoft stopped that DRM service a while ago and now adopted a service that is much like every other publisher's DRM; which it to check once for a connection at the start of the game, like EA checking for EA master server. 
    Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Shookems

Lets play Vegas later on, I doubt the community is alive anymore

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Rhaknar

just noticed i passed 200 games on steam... since August 2010 when i got my new computer and Steam for the first time... now im sad :( poor wallet

gike987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By gike987
    @Butano said:
    @GentlemanlyGentleman said:

I bought all the Ghost Recons except GRAW2, I already have that on PS3 so no need for it. I was going to get a Splinter Cell but then I remembered a few things.   1. The HD pack is out next month  2. I have limited broadband  3. I hate sitting on a game that I bought and can't play immediately  4. I've spent enough already  Even though I repeat these things to myself I'm still tempted. Bloody Steam.

The GRAW series on PC is a little different from console, in that it's in 1st-person instead of 3rd. It's in line with the older games than the console in terms of gameplay. Dunno if the stories are much different though.  But I'm thinking of picking up HAWX 2. Been wanting to pick up a flight game for a while and I like what I saw in gameplay vids on YouTube. Does it have that online-only DRM the newer Ubisoft games have?
    Yes, sadly. I wanted to buy it too, but I'm never going to buy a game with that DRM.
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#88  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

Temptation to buy Chaos Theory again rising!

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Rhaknar

in case anyone has problems running Vegas 1 (like I did) this works perfectly:

I had the same problem on my Vista 64-bit machine, but the following solution works perfectly with no issues at all.

- Go to the "steamapps\common\rainbow six vegas\Binaries" directory in your Steam folder.

- Make a backup of the "R6Vegas_Launcher" file, and remove it from the folder (or simply rename it to something else).

- Rename the "R6Vegas_Game" file to "R6Vegas_Launcher".

Posted by: MSmith83 on the Steam Forum.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By phrosnite
    @Zimbo
    Double Agent might be buggy and the stealth "dumbed-down" but it has a great story with choices and interesting missions. I suggest you buy it. I have played the 1st,3rd and 4th SC game in a gaming cafe a long time ago so I'm buying them tomorrow :) Have to go to the bank...

One thing though... It is confirmed that the Steam versions don't have StarForce, right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.