Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Abel

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Gambit

I'm not going to say Abel is cheap cause I hate when people say that but I will say he is annoying a hell and I hate fighting agaisnt him. That damn command throw of his has crazy priority. Anyone else have the same feelings or am I alone on this one?

RabbitKarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By RabbitKarrot

I agree. Just seems to throw you down over and over. Not a fan.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OmegaPirate

Its the roll THE ROLL I TELLS YA

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

Simple pick Zangief tp go up against him; then well see which command throw you hate more....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Marseille Roll is FTW.  I really enjoy Abel, but to say he's cheap...I don't think so.  I play with him a lot, and he's got a lot of versatile moves to him.  However, that doesn't mean he can't easily have his ass handed to him.  He's a very vulnerable character when it comes to Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Gouken, as Hadoken spams will easily corner him.  I believe that Super Red Fireballs has priority over Marseille Rolls.  Also, whenever Abel rolls, just move backward and you'll be able to resume a good positioning.

The things I personally like about him is the ability to change up his combos on-the-fly, and his Wheel Kick is devastatingly efficient against high-flying types.

Once you learn to fight against him, you'll find that fights against Abel are some of the better ones you'll get.  I've gotten pretty stonkin' good with Abel and Cammy as my main fighters.  I just need to learn El Fuerte and I'll have a trifecta of deadliness going on.  = D
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate
    jakob187 said:
    "Marseille Roll is FTW.  I really enjoy Abel, but to say he's cheap...I don't think so.  I play with him a lot, and he's got a lot of versatile moves to him.  However, that doesn't mean he can't easily have his ass handed to him.  He's a very vulnerable character when it comes to Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Gouken, as Hadoken spams will easily corner him.  I believe that Super Red Fireballs has priority over Marseille Rolls.  Also, whenever Abel rolls, just move backward and you'll be able to resume a good positioning.

The things I personally like about him is the ability to change up his combos on-the-fly, and his Wheel Kick is devastatingly efficient against high-flying types.

Once you learn to fight against him, you'll find that fights against Abel are some of the better ones you'll get.  I've gotten pretty stonkin' good with Abel and Cammy as my main fighters.  I just need to learn El Fuerte and I'll have a trifecta of deadliness going on.  = D
    "
    Man after my own heart :) cammy and able re my mainstay, although i have wona few lucky rounds as El fuerte- once you master his dash its actually pretty neat
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jakob187
    OmegaPirate said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Marseille Roll is FTW.  I really enjoy Abel, but to say he's cheap...I don't think so.  I play with him a lot, and he's got a lot of versatile moves to him.  However, that doesn't mean he can't easily have his ass handed to him.  He's a very vulnerable character when it comes to Ryu/Ken/Akuma/Gouken, as Hadoken spams will easily corner him.  I believe that Super Red Fireballs has priority over Marseille Rolls.  Also, whenever Abel rolls, just move backward and you'll be able to resume a good positioning.

Once you learn to fight against him, you'll find that fights against Abel are some of the better ones you'll get.  I've gotten pretty stonkin' good with Abel and Cammy as my main fighters.  I just need to learn El Fuerte and I'll have a trifecta of deadliness going on.  = D"
    Man after my own heart :) cammy and able re my mainstay, although i have wona few lucky rounds as El fuerte- once you master his dash its actually pretty neat
    "
    Well, back in the SFII days, my mains were always Blanka and Dhalsim.  However, I absolutely HATE Dhalsim in SFIV.  They fucked up so much with him.  Blanka is still good, but his electrical charge needs to have an exhaustion added to it.  The same goes for Chun Li's kicks, E. Honda's fists, Gen's fists, etc.  They are moves that are supposed to be used as an anti-jump-kick strategy, but it should not be used as a PERMANENT strategy for people.  Backing someone into a corner and using those moves is cheap and shows a lack of skill for the game.  Therefore, I refuse to play as Blanka until that is changed.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By mike

You can throw Abel right out of his stupid roll, you know.  Do that once or twice and watch how quickly that Abel player is cowering in the corner, unsure of what to do.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jakob187
    MB said:
    "You can throw Abel right out of his stupid roll, you know.  Do that once or twice and watch how quickly that Abel player is cowering in the corner, unsure of what to do."
    I've yet to have it happen, but I knew there had to be a way around it.  Don't worry, MB.  One day, you and me will rock 'n' roll on some SFIV.  = D
    SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SSbabel

The roll into the throw is a cunt of a move, too much damage.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By turbomonkey138

hes a hard character to beat with balrog as i have to get in close to do the most damage . I usally attack when i see an opening and the dash back and wait for another . Its challenging but rewarding if you win :)

JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JDM006
    SSbabel said:
    "The roll into the throw is a cunt of a move, too much damage."

This is why Abel is one of my favorite fighters.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By ImperiousRix

Abel is deadly in the right hands, but I believe he's pretty advanced to use well.  I have fought a lot of bad Abels, but today I actually was in a player match with a guy who was pretty decent with him.  He was kicking my ass until our final match where I got the best of five rounds with Vega, but it was a close fight (3 rounds to 2).

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By shadows_kill

abel is 1 of my favorite 3 characters to use (no im not doing throw alot but i am new at the game :/ )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.