Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Deleted my Seth blog post

Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scarabus

I applied the methods described in the comments I received and was able to beat him in only two tries. So apparently there is a successful strategy for beating Seth so I retract what I said in the now deleted post. Clearly I have been incredibly frustrated with Seth but now, with this knowledge, I hope to finally be able to enjoy the game. All of it.

So what was the winning strategy? 

1. Stay back and block everything.
    2. Apply dabs of damage when it's safe to do so.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Yea, you don't want to get too close to him. I usually do alright jumping in with a kick, then sweep, step back so he can't grab you and repeat.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Randolph

Sagat at least, can wipe the floor with him on nearly any mode.  He seems to not have an answer for a Sagat jumping in with a kick, kick, tiger knee combo.  Chun-Li also holds up well for having basic fierce attacks with great range and priority.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us
    Randolph said:
    "Sagat at least, can wipe the floor with him on nearly any mode.  He seems to not have an answer for a Sagat jumping in with a kick, kick, tiger knee combo.  Chun-Li also holds up well for having basic fierce attacks with great range and priority.
    "
    Sagat yeh, he is a bad ass. But personally I dont know about Chun-Li. I had trouble with her against a lot of characters.
    fingofongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By fingofongo

just stay away from that pile driver!

Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scarabus

Hey. I just read this: http://www.beefjack.com/blog/news/ps3/street-fighter-iv-boss-brings-too-much-fight/
    I just wanted to point out that yes, I am playing the PS3 version and the bug is in full effect for me! Anyone playing on the 360 just lost their right to patronize me as I'm playing the harder game here.

So let me reiterate my point that Seth IS broken, at least on the PS3.
    Here's the video again for anyone who still thinks I'm a pussy:

Yes. You CAN beat him if you turtle like crazy, but that doesn't take anything away from the fact that he's STUPID HARD and that there's clearly something wrong.
    Again. Keep in mind that I'm fighting against him on the EASIEST difficulty setting. Don't look at the video above as just someone losing 9 times in a row. Look at how Seth moves and behaves and tell me his AI is not on Hard(est?)

Update: Bug confirmed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.