Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

EVO2K9 BABY

• 145 results
    JakeK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By JakeK

Maybe I spoke to soon?

I kinda want to see Wong win regardless though.

Epic friggin matches.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By Jambones
    @Happy said:
    " Crazy shit! "

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Jambones

Final game!! Love the crowd!

JakeK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By JakeK

FUUUUUUUUUU I REFRESHED MY DAMN STREAM PAGE INSTEAD OF THIS ONE.

JakeK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By JakeK

AMAZING MATCH RIGHT UNTIL THE END.

HOLY HELL. I FEEL LIKE JUMPING AROUND MY ROOM.

IN-DE-STRUCTABLE.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By LiquidPrince

HOLY FUCK THAT WAS INTENSE. Even more so then their original battle with the crazy ass counter. Damn... Daigo wins AGAIN! World Champion.

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Jambones
    @JakeK said:
    " AMAZING MATCH RIGHT UNTIL THE END.HOLY HELL. I FEEL LIKE JUMPING AROUND MY ROOM.IN-DE-STRUCTABLE. "
    Really gets you pumped. It was an awesome match. Back and forth.
    r3b3lr0b0t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108  Edited By r3b3lr0b0t

Epic final

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#109  Edited By Wraith1

Holy shit, that match was! amazing

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Happy

That could not have been scripted much better.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Think I'm gonna have to buy the DVD, that was awesome.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Jeffsekai

Really good match, awesome Evo all around. Kinda sad there was zero coverage on gaintbomb.com o well.

Justin is way to cocky to deserve that win.

Deff gonna get this stuff off ign.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#113  Edited By randiolo

wow that was pritty epic.

Worthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By Worthy

Justin's boxer comeback was frikkin awesome

Jambones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Jambones
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " .Justin is way to cocky to deserve that win. "
    I was thinking the same, but he still played fantastic. But when they are talking about Daigo's reactions being fast, they are not kidding.
    JakeK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By JakeK

Just curious, lost count.

What did the end match count end in? (Regardless of the new set) 6-4?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By JJOR64

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT

That final match was mother fucking epic.  It's still going through my mind right now.  And the best part?  I SEEN THAT SHIT LIVE BABY!  FUCK YOUTUBE!

makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#118  Edited By makari

MAH FIGHT MONEYYYYYY!
    Great show, grats to Daigo.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " Think I'm gonna have to buy the DVD, that was awesome. "
    I'm still high off that fight. Anyways, they actually sell EVO DVD's?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By JJOR64
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " Think I'm gonna have to buy the DVD, that was awesome. "
    I'm still high off that fight. Anyways, they actually sell EVO DVD's? "
    They used to but, now you have to sign up for IGN to get it this year.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#121  Edited By lordofultima

Mad props to both Justin Wong and Daigo, one of the best finals I've seen in the history of Jesus. Justin really had my patriotism going towards the end, any doubts I had about his resolve are now gone. U - S - A!

It's pretty interesting to note that both players each got 5 matches out of that whole deal, obviously Daigo pulled through when it counted, but that just goes to show you that Justin is on a whole different level than any other American player.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By JJOR64
    @lordofultima said:
    " Mad props to both Justin Wong and Daigo, one of the best finals I've seen in the history of Jesus. Justin really had my patriotism going towards the end, any doubts I had about his resolve are now gone. U - S - A! "
    Even though I do love Justin Wong, I though he go a little to cocky and Daigo owned his shit.  At the end, it was still an awesome match.  I bet within the hour it will be on YouTube.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Keyser_Soze

That was insane!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyway, lots of overweight people at a gaming tournament.... yeah, NEVER! I liked that guy Marn, with the blow up swimming pool floaty thing around his head, what's all that about.

Also lots of Black guys dominating, always nice to see AfroLegends, Sanford, repping the Black Panthers, some other guys did well also, French guy, Saudi guy and DAIGO UMEHARA!!! The Beast from the East (not coast).

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By JJOR64
    @Keyser_Soze said:
    " some other guys did well also, French guy,  "
    The guy from France was Malek.  He was a beast pad player in Soul Calibur 4.

Now after watching that Daigo match, I really want to get better with Ryu now.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#125  Edited By Stang
    @JJOR64 said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " Mad props to both Justin Wong and Daigo, one of the best finals I've seen in the history of Jesus. Justin really had my patriotism going towards the end, any doubts I had about his resolve are now gone. U - S - A! "
    Even though I do love Justin Wong, I though he go a little to cocky and Daigo owned his shit.  At the end, it was still an awesome match.  I bet within the hour it will be on YouTube. "
    Yeah, if Wong was a little less cocky I would have rooted for him. Seeing his blubber fly all over the place when he took a set was obnoxious.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By JJOR64
    @Stang said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    Even though I do love Justin Wong, I though he go a little to cocky and Daigo owned his shit.  At the end, it was still an awesome match.  I bet within the hour it will be on YouTube. "
    Yeah, if Wong was a little less cocky I would have rooted for him. Seeing his blubber fly all over the place when he took a set was obnoxious. "
    You should have seen Yipes in MvC2.  Every time he got up, you would see is ass crack on the stream.
    Pukit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Pukit

Haha apparently Daigo was money matching people before the finals. Took every match (Gootecks, LI Joe (twice), Dr Chaos, Marn (twice), Sin, Floe (twice), Combofiend) except he lost 5-4 to Arturo Sanchez and 3-2 to Ryan Heart! Only Combofiend, Sin, and Marn managed to take any matches from him. There might've been more and some were filmed so be on the lookout for those somewhere.

NEXT YEAR ED MA!!!

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By zhinse

Why is it that Justin's Boxer gives Daigo trouble, but daigo was able to beat Gootecks 3-0.

I guess its just me being a gootecks fan but i think gootecks has a more solid Boxer than justin. 

gunharp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By gunharp
    @zhinse said:
    " Why is it that Justin's Boxer gives Daigo trouble, but daigo was able to beat Gootecks 3-0.I guess its just me being a gootecks fan but i think gootecks has a more solid Boxer than justin.  "
    Yeah I believe that Gootecks has a more solid boxer as well.

During the final match...I was so sure that when Justin switched from Abel he was going to choose Rufus, not Balrog. 5-4 though... what a match. Cool of Daigo to come out of retirement for such a match!
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#130  Edited By AndrewJD

Didn't get to watch it live (3 in the morning where I am when it started). Just watched the replay of it. Awesome match between Justin and Daigo at the end.

@Pukit said:

" Haha apparently Daigo was money matching people before the finals. Took every match (Gootecks, LI Joe (twice), Dr Chaos, Marn (twice), Sin, Floe (twice), Combofiend) except he lost 5-4 to Arturo Sanchez and 3-2 to Ryan Heart! Only Combofiend, Sin, and Marn managed to take any matches from him. There might've been more and some were filmed so be on the lookout for those somewhere.NEXT YEAR ED MA!!! "
    Are those Daigo losses on the recorded live stream? cuz I didn't see those.

BoneMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By BoneMachine

Mad props to whoever organized the ustream. Sitting on my couch watching the matches through ustream on my PS3 with my two boys was awesome.  The level of play in the top 8 was amazing. I think the organizers could not have hoped for a better finish for the tournaments than that.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @zhinse said:
    " Why is it that Justin's Boxer gives Daigo trouble, but daigo was able to beat Gootecks 3-0.I guess its just me being a gootecks fan but i think gootecks has a more solid Boxer than justin.  "
    I think it was more of the mindfuck of Justin picking Boxer more than him being amazing.

That being said, I was very surprised by how good his Boxer was.
    Pukit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Pukit
    @mubress said:
    @Pukit said:
    " Haha apparently Daigo was money matching people before the finals. Took every match (Gootecks, LI Joe (twice), Dr Chaos, Marn (twice), Sin, Floe (twice), Combofiend) except he lost 5-4 to Arturo Sanchez and 3-2 to Ryan Heart! Only Combofiend, Sin, and Marn managed to take any matches from him. There might've been more and some were filmed so be on the lookout for those somewhere.NEXT YEAR ED MA!!! "
    Are those Daigo losses on the recorded live stream? cuz I didn't see those. "

No, those money matches happened outside the tournament, but Arturo said his match and some others were recorded.

@Jeffsekai said:
    " @zhinse said:
    I think it was more of the mindfuck of Justin picking Boxer more than him being amazing.That being said, I was very surprised by how good his Boxer was. "

Yea definitely. Also, Justin has more experience fighting Daigo so he probably knows what to expect and worked on that Boxer for this exact moment which we all knew would happen.
    zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By zhinse

What could he really expect out of Daigo though. 
    In the end it was really a match of the fundementals i believe. I think the crowd cheering messed with Daigo's mind quite a bit during the fight. Im not sure if any tournaments in japan get that much hype. 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @zhinse said:
    " What could he really expect out of Daigo though. In the end it was really a match of the fundementals i believe. I think the crowd cheering messed with Daigo's mind quite a bit during the fight. Im not sure if any tournaments in japan get that much hype.  "
    They don't, Daigo as well as other Japanese players have said America is much different in terms of hype and the crowd.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By JJOR64
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @zhinse said:
    " What could he really expect out of Daigo though. In the end it was really a match of the fundementals i believe. I think the crowd cheering messed with Daigo's mind quite a bit during the fight. Im not sure if any tournaments in japan get that much hype.  "
    They don't, Daigo as well as other Japanese players have said America is much different in terms of hype and the crowd. "
    Yep.  In Japan maybe its like 100 people or so watching.  In the USA, there are thousands watching.
    Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#137  Edited By Keeng
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @zhinse said:
    I think it was more of the mindfuck of Justin picking Boxer more than him being amazing.That being said, I was very surprised by how good his Boxer was. "
    Same here. When Justin went for Balrog I was just about floored but that was certainly the right move in the end. This was an excellent matchup. 
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Jeffsekai

To anyone wondering what the IGN.com evo stuff is going to look like, I signed up for there insider thing so when its up I'll have acces to it and I will post what I think of it. (just gotta wait a week or so before its up)

Also, I cannot wait for SBO now, gonna be the first time I will be cheering for Justin all the way (I think hes goin to SBO) .

zhinse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By zhinse
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " To anyone wondering what the IGN.com evo stuff is going to look like, I signed up for there insider thing so when its up I'll have acces to it and I will post what I think of it. (just gotta wait a week or so before its up)Also, I cannot wait for SBO now, gonna be the first time I will be cheering for Justin all the way (I think hes goin to SBO) . "
    I will personally be cheering for Iyo the japanese national champion that plays Dhalsim. I dont know how SBO is going to be presented though, i dont believe its going to get a stream and it wont have english commentary which was one of the highlights of EVO. 

Please check back on the ign insider stuff. i am usually against most things IGN (really slow and over graphicized webpage, yes i just made up that word), but they trapped me with this evo deal. If i can watch EVO in Stunning Standard definition and 24 frames per second, kinda sold. it has to be a bit more enticing to lure me in the whole way since watching it live on a stream beats anything.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Man ever sence the finals. All ive been fighting online is ryus. I fought about 15 ryus in a row. not kidding. This is already getting crazy stupid. Also randomly fought people from the forums a while ago in champ mode. Both were filled with annoying lag and im sorry for that. Been trying to fix it. YOu know who you are.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Jeffsekai

Yay! Listen up people! Videos are starting to go up on IGN.com watching right now and its great quality, I can alrdy tell you that the 15$ needed to become a ign insider is well worth it...I'll post more thoughts as more videos go up.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#142  Edited By Brake

Yeah, I've never been a huge IGN fan and even now I find the site hard to navigate, but it seems worth it to "suffer" through their site just to download all the EVO vids. And then never to come back again! Except for next years evo vids...

Edits: Oh apparently some of the vids are somewhat crapped right now (artifacts and whatnot), but they're working on that.

Osphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Osphere
    @Stang said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    Yeah, if Wong was a little less cocky I would have rooted for him. Seeing his blubber fly all over the place when he took a set was obnoxious. "
    QFT.  Looked especially bad next to Daigo, who stayed cool as a cucumber, like always.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By JJOR64
    @Osphere said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @JJOR64 said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    QFT.  Looked especially bad next to Daigo, who stayed cool as a cucumber, like always. "
    That's real sportsmanship right there.
    n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By n8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijhUJTZrxLk&feature=related

Pretty cool sidepiece vid of the grand finals match.  

Also, what is up with the complete lack of Evo coverage from Giant Bomb?  Did I miss something?  Not even a news post showing Daigo as the victor?  Was there some other big video game related event going on the same time or something?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.