Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Justin Wong Teaches Akuma Tricks

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

For the longest time, I thought Akuma's demon was only set up by good mind games or taking advantage of your opponent's stupid mistake. Justin Wong shows otherwise and whats more impressive is it seems the vid was done in one take with all the screw ups left in.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

He ain't no loltima!

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By foodchaiNN

This video only applys on your opponents skill level. Not everybody is a dead on FA warrior.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By animateria
    @foodchaiNN: 

Well, it's a video showing what you can do in those specific situations. I don't think any of the people in the vid treat is as some end all be all move or anything.

It's just another nice trick up your sleeve for Akuma players.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Plasma

Why do lolultima and Justin's videos have to compete, they compliment each other, as both contain different stuff about the  しゅんごくさつ.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

I'll never, ever understand how people can remember(much less pull off) shit like this in the middle of a fast-paced battle. But then again, I suck at fighting games.

Lilja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lilja
    @Icemael said:
    " I'll never, ever understand how people can remember(much less pull off) shit like this in the middle of a fast-paced battle. But then again, I suck at fighting games. "
    It's called reflexes. 
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Jeffsekai: I never meant to take any jabs at your lord and savior loltima by posting this. The fine work loltima does speaks for itself and honestly doesn't need to be defended in such a fanboy knee jerk manner. I don't use Akuma, so most of what loltima does doesn't actually help me other than what to watch out for when I fight an Akuma. Just like loltimas vids, this Justin Akuma trick (which maybe loltima already knows but just didn't show yet) will tell me what not to do in a specific situation against Akuma.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Stang

I have a hypothesis, tell me if I am correct. Ultima's tutorials > Mr. Wong's. Thus, using the associative and distributive properties found in advancded trginometry, we can deduct that Ultima > Justin.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By jakob187
    @Stang said:
    " I have a hypothesis, tell me if I am correct. Ultima's tutorials > Mr. Wong's. Thus, using the associative and distributive properties found in advancded trginometry, we can deduct that Ultima > Justin. "
    I agree with this statement. 

Loltima vs. Wong confirmed?! 

LOLTIMA!  MAKE IT HAPPEN!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " I have a hypothesis, tell me if I am correct. Ultima's tutorials > Mr. Wong's. Thus, using the associative and distributive properties found in advancded trginometry, we can deduct that Ultima > Justin. "
    hahaha yes, Justin vs Ultima money match Evo2010 make it happen
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @jakob187: actually if loltima is going to final round next year then that is a big possibility. why stop there, lets see how our GB hero fares up against Marn, Art and the rest of those "Pros" we keep hearing about. The real question is, can loltima afford that? Somebody start giving paypal donations!!!!!!!!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper

That low roundhouse demon cancel is some Momochi business right there. I saw a video of Momochi v Daigo where he done this. Way more impressive there then this crap.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @StaticFalconar said:

" @Jeffsekai: I never meant to take any jabs at your lord and savior loltima by posting this. The fine work loltima does speaks for itself and honestly doesn't need to be defended in such a fanboy knee jerk manner. I don't use Akuma, so most of what loltima does doesn't actually help me other than what to watch out for when I fight an Akuma. Just like loltimas vids, this Justin Akuma trick (which maybe loltima already knows but just didn't show yet) will tell me what not to do in a specific situation against Akuma. "

You're right, me promoting a video that was made by a member of the giantbomb community, a video which by the way covers everything in that video and then some. Also, Ultimas videos have better production values. But you're right  that makes me a giant fucking fanboy. 

If I was a new player I would want to watch lordofultima's videos not some shitty one trick video.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By StaticFalconar
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:
    lordofultima's videos are much better and longer. Use them. 

http://www.youtube.com/user/lordofultima#grid/user/D3A36AD82A61CDFC
    "
    Yeah, the more I reread this comment, the more I keep hearing fanboy out of it. I personally find this one a lot more direct than most of loltima's stuff. The fact that I hear more than Justin Wong talking and questions being asked is my kind of tutorial.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @StaticFalconar said:

But who the fuck is Justin to some forum random, the only people who know who he is are people that follow the tournament scene.

The point is, the community should come first and considering a better video is available and its made by someone in the community then that should be the video people are pointed at not that bullshit.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18  Edited By Symphony

Thanks for posting that vid. I never knew of the short cut to pull off his super / ultra before =0 (though granted I don't watch many tutorial vids, though I should). The shortcut makes it sooooooo much easier to pull them off on the fly and I've already been able to apply it to a few fights :D That heavy sweep > ultra is also pretty nifty, as it can catch em off-guard if they're blocking and mashing to counter it with their own sweep or something, haven't really got a chance to test that outside of practice yet though.

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jeffsekai said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:  But who the fuck is Justin to some forum random, the only people who kno who he is are people that follow the tornament scene.  The point is, the community should come first and considering a better video is available and its made by someone in the community then that shold be the video people are pointed at not that bullshit. "
    Yeah, you tell that Stupid Motherfucker. LordofUltima is untouchable in these forums BayBEE. Fuck this Justin Wong shit, what the fuck has he ever done for us? LordUltima FTW. In fact since he's a mod as well, he should just delete this thread cause it pales in comparison to the production quality of LordofUltima. Woo, GET HYPE!!!!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @StaticFalconar said:  But who the fuck is Justin to some forum random, the only people who kno who he is are people that follow the tornament scene.  The point is, the community should come first and considering a better video is available and its made by someone in the community then that shold be the video people are pointed at not that bullshit. "
    Yeah, you tell that Stupid Motherfucker. LordofUltima is untouchable in these forums BayBEE. Fuck this Justin Wong shit, what the fuck has he ever done for us? LordUltima FTW. In fact since he's a mod as well, he should just delete this thread cause it pales in comparison to the production quality of LordofUltima. Woo, GET HYPE!!!! "
    I don't support anything this guy says.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AniMoney
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    Yeah, you tell that Stupid Motherfucker. LordofUltima is untouchable in these forums BayBEE. Fuck this Justin Wong shit, what the fuck has he ever done for us? LordUltima FTW. In fact since he's a mod as well, he should just delete this thread cause it pales in comparison to the production quality of LordofUltima. Woo, GET HYPE!!!! "
    I don't support anything this guy says. "
    Except for when he says GET HYPE, right?
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @animateria said:

" @foodchaiNN:   Well, it's a video showing what you can do in those specific situations. I don't think any of the people in the vid treat is as some end all be all move or anything. It's just another nice trick up your sleeve for Akuma players. "

OH OK ....
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Icemael
    @Lilja said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " I'll never, ever understand how people can remember(much less pull off) shit like this in the middle of a fast-paced battle. But then again, I suck at fighting games. "
    It's called reflexes."
    Dexterity, actually.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Icemael said:
    " @Lilja said:
    " @Icemael said:
    It's called reflexes."
    Dexterity, actually. "
    its called stfu imo.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By AndrewJD

This thread is funny.

Lilja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lilja
    @Icemael said:
    " @Lilja said:
    " @Icemael said:
    It's called reflexes."
    Dexterity, actually. "
    Those key inputs are not that hard to do, it's just a matter of pressing some buttons fast. But you'll have to train yourself to react in time to pull this off, so I'll stay with reflexes.  But whatever.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Icemael
    @Lilja said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @Lilja said:
    " @Icemael said:
    It's called reflexes."
    Dexterity, actually. "
    Those key inputs are not that hard to do, it's just a matter of pressing some buttons fast. But you'll have to train yourself to react in time to pull this off, so I'll stay with reflexes.  But whatever. "
    Both, then. You'll need reflexes to pull it off fast enough, and dexterity to pull it off right(it's easy to get it wrong in the heat of battle). 

But it's the training part I'll never understand. I occasionally play fighting games for fun, but these people spend a ridiculous amount of time on them. Coming up with combos, memorizing all the cancels, counting fucking frames. I mean, how do people even come up with shit like what's in that video? And more importantly, why?
    marginwalker1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By marginwalker1
    @Icemael: Because they work on it. Fighting games are competitive, and anything competitive whether it be checkers or martial arts breeds this kind of expert esoteric knowledge. And because people compete with a deep understanding, then you have high tension high skilled matches. And, these high skilled matches push the abilities even futher. It's a ball that keeps rolling and getting bigger, the longer the game is out. And that's fun and rewarding to some. You can play for fun and not get too invested in it, but for others, being invested in it is the fun part. People put dozens of hours into games all the time, sometimes hundreds over the course of years. If you put the same time into a fighting game and take it step by step, it won't seem so crazy really.  And plus, if you really like a game, I find it becomes easier to be knowledgeable about it. For example I love Castlevania: SotN, and I can tell you about nearly every damn item drop and all kinds of detailed shit about that game. It's not really because I had to study it like I was studying for an exam, I just really like that game and played a ton of it over the years. A lot of the guys who're top ranking street fighter players have been on this stuff for like a decade or more.

And I don't think anyone really is staring at the screen trying to count 1/60 frames while a match is going on. It's more a case of 'okay, p2 just did this move, which i'm aware has x frames recovery on block, that gives me time to do this move which i know has y frames and will catch him' or something. It's a passive sorta thing, from my understanding anyway.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Plasma
    @Icemael said: 

But it's the training part I'll never understand. I occasionally play fighting games for fun, but these people spend a ridiculous amount of time on them. Coming up with combos, memorizing all the cancels, counting fucking frames. I mean, how do people even come up with shit like what's in that video? And more importantly, why? "

To win.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By lordofultima

I must have glanced over this thread. His tutorial is ass, to Mr. Wong's credit he's spending time playing the game and not talking about playing it, like I usually do. Justin in general seems not to know much about Akuma though. In fact, I was watching a match on FADC's website where Justin spreads a bunch of mis-information about the Akuma vs. Blanka match. "His raging demon is too slow to punish blanka balls." Right. 

But yeah, I can't beat JR so what the hell DO I know? My life is in shambles, maybe my TE arriving will brighten up my soul on this black black afternoon.  

As for training and practice, you have to do these things to get good at anything. You have to study for this or that test to get a good grade, you want to learn a language and you have to read and write it over and over again. It's the same concept. You want to be good you have to practice your ass off and get experience playing tons of people, the latter of which I lack.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By turbomonkey138

Lordofultima's guides are better

PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turbomonkey138 said:
    " Lordofultima's guides are better "
    You're right, those that can't do, Teach.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Stang

Are you saying Ultima sucks? If so, please leave. Thanks.

PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Stang: Nah man his guides are top notch, just goes to reinforce those that can't do, teach. Really, his stuff puts Justin Wong's stuff to shame since we all know theory fighting wins tournaments.
    inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By inkeiren
    No Caption Provided
    I came into this thread confused, wondering why the mac guy from the ads was doing videos about Akuma. So much difference in just a single letter.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lordofultima
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: And those who can't do or teach, well, sucks for them!
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofultima: We teach P.E
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lordofultima
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: Haha, suure.
    Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Skillface
    @inkeiren said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    I came into this thread confused, wondering why the mac guy from the ads was doing videos about Akuma. So much difference in just a single letter. "
    Best post of the thread thus far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.