Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Losing BP

DaFT_PLAyeRr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By DaFT_PLAyeRr

Don't you think you lose too much BP when you lose? I only get around 45BP or so when I win, and I lose more than 100 BP when I lose! I played a hour today and I ended up with the exact same amout of BP I started with. Ah well, it could be worse I guess, what do YOU think?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By ImperiousRix

I really have no idea how the system even works.  Sometimes I'll soundly defeat a similarly skilled opponent and get barely any goddamn BPs.
    Other times, I'll lose to another similarly skilled opponent in a match that goes to the final round, and lose a shitload.  I just don't understand the math going on under the hood that decides who gets/loses what amount of BPs.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By toowalrus

Yeah, it sucks, but then again with the amount of noobs I fight, I don't loose as often as I really should.

DaFT_PLAyeRr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaFT_PLAyeRr

I don't lose that often either. Usually I would win 5 matches or so in a row and then lose 1 match and lose almost all the points I won! I guess this is my punishment for using Balrog.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By gla55jAw

It definetly sucks. Losing to someone with 300 BP when I have 1200 drives me insane because I lose 100.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By super_machine

I suck and gave up.  enough is enough

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By REDRUN

Don't feel bad, we all had bad days. Try setting both in your search or lobby option to "More Skilled"  preference. This would filter out those big losses and this should help you rank up quicker.

hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By hoody

Yeah, I've said the same thing to myself before. I'll go on a win streak, finally lose once, and in that one shot I lose everything I'd picked up. The highest I've been so far is around 2400, and right now I'm at 2006. I usually hover around 1800 or so because, like I said, I lose one out of 7-8 or so and then *poof*... points gone.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By REDRUN

this happens to allot of competent players, I am sure you lost your BPs to those who were robbed before you.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alex_Murphy

Yea I lost some today, A bunch of Able's kicked my ass with that punch-punch-throw move. If you fight somebody with more points than you won't loose too much. One time I lost to somebody that had over 3,500 BP and I only lost one point. The upside to that is that if you beat somebody that has more points you can get 100 at a time.

DaFT_PLAyeRr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaFT_PLAyeRr
    REDRUN said:
    Try setting both in your search or lobby option to "More Skilled"  preference. This would filter out those big losses and this should help you rank up quicker."
    Thanks that's a big help.
    prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By prinny_god

play player matches problem solved its actually fun and you fight more than just ken

CursaKuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By CursaKuma
    DaFT_PLAyeRr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaFT_PLAyeRr
    CursaKuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By CursaKuma
    DaFT_PLAyeRr said:
    "CursaKuma said:
    "I lose all my BP for my fans <3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NFo_dpaG9s"
    Nice vid the commentary made me laugh :)"
    Thnx dude :)
    glad i could still cheer you up after losing BP.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By StaticFalconar

If you're super technical .

basically it works like gambling overall (in terms of how much you win and they lose), the computer calculates the odds and gives points accordingly; how much is  through that mess of numbers I won't touch; this is why if you are the least bit off your game, just stop playing ranked matches tiil you're rested (cause bottom line is if you where really better than your opponent, you would have beaten them). 

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By REDRUN

if you are good enough and want to cause grief, zero out your BP. Then set to "More Skilled" to take chunks out of 1000+ players on your way back up with Ken to your native level. Your first match make any veteran SF scream and clench there fist at the screen when they see the final results. Every time you use the fierce shoryuken, god kills another kitten. xD

hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By hoody
    REDRUN said:
    "if you are good enough and want to cause grief, zero out your BP. Then set to "More Skilled" to take chunks out of 1000+ players on your way back up with Ken to your native level. Your first match make any veteran SF scream and clench there fist at the screen when they see the final results. Every time you use the fierce shoryuken, god kills another kitten. xD"
    Dude... that's evil. I'm doin' it!

:D
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By REDRUN

now i wish I hadn't said that.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Reale
    REDRUN said:
    "now i wish I hadn't said that."
    i was thinking about this earlier... its really easy to just make a "grief" account if you wanted to have one for playing seriously and one where you dont :S i was schooled by a 48+ player today! it isnt good for my heart rate when that happens
    REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By REDRUN

That tactic seems to be an overthough, Reale. To zero your account, you need to purposely lose in ranked matches. Keep challenging a low ranked guy or friend who is just starting out, aka scrub, he may think its Christmas when he collects. Once zeroed, search for "higher skilled" players. To be affective, keep searching and zeroing out your BP until you find that 1000+ (2000+ if lucky), you'll know after the result. Just keep challenging the same person, he may not get it rigt away that he had not a chance from the get go. Each loss would take 100 - 73 BP from his score.

If you really want an interesting fight, just sit in the lobby and wait for one, usual challenges are between 700 - 2300 if they have there setting at "stability or any" and yours at "more skilled". My reply to a flaming message is "This is my first time playing ranked". If they further investigate your gamertag achievements and see you with a 700+ gamerscore with the proof of battle and 10 in a row in SF, they then learn they had been punked.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.