Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

SF4 will be released on Steam

ElectricSlime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ElectricSlime

As the topic says, I just noticed a SF4 page under new releases on Steam.

I can't wait.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CL60

Cool.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew
    Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Goly

wow cool, never thought it would happen.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Systech

Awesome, but I already own it on a console and I feel like that's the way to play it. I want someone with me in the room.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By CL60
    systech said:
    "Awesome, but I already own it on a console and I feel like that's the way to play it. I want someone with me in the room."
    Me too, I'd much rather have this game on a console than PC. I dunno why, just seems better that way.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar

well that gives me some security that people on the PC cannot cheat that much, though I'm sure its only a matter of time before someone makes a macro for every move turning SF4 into smash. I hope Steam would count that as cheating.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CoverlessTech

Has it been said that the PC version wont be 2 players? I don't see any reasons why it wouldn't.

Also I'll be buying it at a store more then likely, the Canadian exchange rate on games on steam is ridiculous.

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Serker

that trailer on the steam page for it is BADASS

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#11  Edited By LordAndrew
    StaticFalconar said:
    "well that gives me some security that people on the PC cannot cheat that much, though I'm sure its only a matter of time before someone makes a macro for every move turning SF4 into smash. I hope Steam would count that as cheating. "
    Steam itself cannot detect cheats. Capcom would have to implement anti-cheating solutions themselves.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Diamond

There have been controllers with hardware macro execution since SNES.  It'd be perfectly easy to make a cheating device for SF4 on PC that would be completely undetectable.  However, you'd still need some skill to know when to execute those macros.  The other potential cheating problem involves stuff like decreasing your systems performance at certain times to induce lag or framerate drops that may give you an advantage.  I wonder how the game is going to handle all those people getting less than 60 frames per second anyways?

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

Standard procedure for low fps is not to slow down the action (how can it, when it's real time on the other player's end?) but to skip those frames, making it worse for the 30fps guy since he'll not see the moves coming as easily.

Steam does have Valve's Anti Cheat but it probably doesn't work out of the box for SFIV, they'll have to tweak it or make a custom version, or wait for cheats to actually start being made -- if any are -- to see what they have to fight against. If CAPCOM is serious about the port at all that is.

I doubt cheating will be prominent like it is for popular FPS games like Counter-Strike.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slinky6

SICK.   So it will be like Fallout though and still be a games for windows live game, right?

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By myke_tuna
    slinky6 said:
    "SICK.   So it will be like Fallout though and still be a games for windows live game, right?"
    Yeah, seems like it. I don't know how that works since all the GFW Live games I own are stand-alone. Apparently you just have the Steam "dash/guide/whatdoyoucallit?" thing AND the GFW Guide available to you. Weird, but whatever. I just want it in my Steam collection. And because I still don't own SF IV. Been waiting for this PC port.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.