Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighting Flowers

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By DanielJW

God damn if I don't love Street Fighter IV. But like everything I've ever loved it breaks me, leaves me in emotional distress, pretends to love me again just to ask me to the movies, only to not show up and laugh at me with all her friends at school the next day.  It legitimately enrages me, and I don't use that term lightly. It takes a lot to enrage me. I'm a lover not a fighter, and if they had a game called Street Lover I'd be rank one in the world. But until then I have to learn what my Dad tried to teach me from the day I turned ten, how to fight.  

My weapon of choice.
     My weapon of choice.
    Learning to fight Street Fighter style is immensely trying on me emotionally and physically. Learning means playing people, and playing people while you're learning means losing every single game. My stretchy armed son of a bitch can't seem to get the job done. 

But sir, I persevere! Through the cries of agony to the hands smashing down upon my fight stick, I light up that ready button after every round. Why? I'm not sure. I think Street Fighter has helped me realize that I'm a submissive. Street Fighter ties me up and whips me, yet I ask for more.  

I don't know what it is about the game but I have a burning desire to learn how to play it well. This "not knowing when to quit" attitude leads me in to many angry tirades that I don't really want to be in. Today, as a Balrog took me 8-0, and I slammed my palm down on the buttons of my fight stick, I had a revelation. I needed to combat my anger. Because there is nothing I can do to escape Mistress. She will smack me around until I break down and shut off the console.  
     I hate you.
     I hate you.

So! I says to myself I says, "Daniel, before you put your fist through the wall, what might calm you down?"  To which I said "Fuck you", played the Balrog one more time, two ultra combo finishes, 9-0 for him. Mid way through my heavy metal scream, I decided it was time to stop. As I quit back to the XMB, I noticed a downloadable game I hadn't booted up in a while. Flower was there, saying hello. I figured I couldn't get any more angry, so why not have a go.  

Immediately upon booting it up, I got a trophy titled "Welcome Back". It's like the game wanted me to feel better. Flower is the virtual representation of my mother. As I began to play once again, it made me cookies of wonderful visuals, smooth game play, and relaxing music. I'd found my anti-rage, and it was Flower. I was in love once again, and this time I wasn't stood up at the theater. Flower was everything that Street Fighter wasn't, and it acted as a perfect calm down game.  

From now on, all my Street Fighter sessions will end with a level or two of Flower to mellow out. I cannot stress how much of a mood change I under went after just one level of Flower. That game works miracles, and it allows me to enjoy Street Fighter again... at least for a little while. 

There there, everything is going to be OK.
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DanielJW

God damn if I don't love Street Fighter IV. But like everything I've ever loved it breaks me, leaves me in emotional distress, pretends to love me again just to ask me to the movies, only to not show up and laugh at me with all her friends at school the next day.  It legitimately enrages me, and I don't use that term lightly. It takes a lot to enrage me. I'm a lover not a fighter, and if they had a game called Street Lover I'd be rank one in the world. But until then I have to learn what my Dad tried to teach me from the day I turned ten, how to fight.  

My weapon of choice.
     My weapon of choice.
    Learning to fight Street Fighter style is immensely trying on me emotionally and physically. Learning means playing people, and playing people while you're learning means losing every single game. My stretchy armed son of a bitch can't seem to get the job done. 

But sir, I persevere! Through the cries of agony to the hands smashing down upon my fight stick, I light up that ready button after every round. Why? I'm not sure. I think Street Fighter has helped me realize that I'm a submissive. Street Fighter ties me up and whips me, yet I ask for more.  

I don't know what it is about the game but I have a burning desire to learn how to play it well. This "not knowing when to quit" attitude leads me in to many angry tirades that I don't really want to be in. Today, as a Balrog took me 8-0, and I slammed my palm down on the buttons of my fight stick, I had a revelation. I needed to combat my anger. Because there is nothing I can do to escape Mistress. She will smack me around until I break down and shut off the console.  
     I hate you.
     I hate you.

So! I says to myself I says, "Daniel, before you put your fist through the wall, what might calm you down?"  To which I said "Fuck you", played the Balrog one more time, two ultra combo finishes, 9-0 for him. Mid way through my heavy metal scream, I decided it was time to stop. As I quit back to the XMB, I noticed a downloadable game I hadn't booted up in a while. Flower was there, saying hello. I figured I couldn't get any more angry, so why not have a go.  

Immediately upon booting it up, I got a trophy titled "Welcome Back". It's like the game wanted me to feel better. Flower is the virtual representation of my mother. As I began to play once again, it made me cookies of wonderful visuals, smooth game play, and relaxing music. I'd found my anti-rage, and it was Flower. I was in love once again, and this time I wasn't stood up at the theater. Flower was everything that Street Fighter wasn't, and it acted as a perfect calm down game.  

From now on, all my Street Fighter sessions will end with a level or two of Flower to mellow out. I cannot stress how much of a mood change I under went after just one level of Flower. That game works miracles, and it allows me to enjoy Street Fighter again... at least for a little while. 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium

WHAT? 

Well, i will still continue to read your blogs, but this was kinda a wierd connection. 

Although both games are so completely different I guess they strike a good balance to have both.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DanielJW
    @demontium said:
    " WHAT?  Well, i will still continue to read your blogs, but this was kinda a wierd connection.  Although both games are so completely different I guess they strike a good balance to have both. "
    Well it's good to know you'll stick with me.  

I was just trying to make the point that Flower is like a good friend to me. After all the guff I take in SFIV from people way better than me, it's there to cheer me up so I can continue on with my day without being angry at everything.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Stang

My name is Daniel also. You are a champion. In 6 months Arturo Sanchez will be begging to play your Dhalsim.

On the real, welcome to competitive fighting games. Nothing in gaming is more intense then this, 1 on 1 fighting with a gigantic mental aspect. I will be honest, I rage like a little bitch. I break shit, swear like a sailor, anything you can think of. It comes with the turf. Be glad that Flower calms you down, it takes a cigarette and a beer to calm my nerves :p

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DanielJW
    @Stang said:
    " My name is Daniel also. You are a champion. In 6 months Arturo Sanchez will be begging to play your Dhalsim. On the real, welcome to competitive fighting games. Nothing in gaming is more intense then this, 1 on 1 fighting with a gigantic mental aspect. I will be honest, I rage like a little bitch. I break shit, swear like a sailor, anything you can think of. It comes with the turf. Be glad that Flower calms you down, it takes a cigarette and a beer to calm my nerves :p "
    Didn't know who Arturo Sanchez was until I looked him up right now. He plays a lot like I do, only he is far more successful than I. The fellow I've been watching is ssjfry14 on Youtube, he seems to play pretty solid. If there's anything I've learned from watching good Dhalsims is that I need to get far faster and far more familiar with the inputs. 

Raging like a bitch plagues this Daniel too. I've never broken anything, though I did by a stress ball specifically for SF4 when I nearly snapped my PS3 controller in half. 
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang: So your name is  Daniel Stang? TO FACEBOOK
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stang
    @DanielJW: Arturo Sanchez is the premiere Dhalsim. Him beating Daigo in the money match says it all!

@Jeffsekai: My full name is Daniel Peedon Jeffsekai 

Facebook it.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang: What ever, were in the process at looking at all the doucebags pics on facebook to try to find you.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: Here is a hint that will save you some time. I don't do facebook or myspace. I already have gonorrhea, I really don't want another std from a facebook ho.

edit

Sorry Daniel, seems your thread is not immune to GB SFIV syndrome. At least we stayed on topic for a couple of posts!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: You found me! God I am a sexy bitch.

@OwnlyUzinWonHan: Never.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang: Fuck you
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang: Fuck you "
    Hahaha the most inappropriate response ever. Jeff you are my hero. By the way, I entered you into this summer's special olympics. Better start working on your 100 meter dash!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang: Fuck you Im not allowed to sleep until we find you.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Stang: Is "Stang" last name? I have a feeling you told me that before but im not sure if you were serious.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Stang
    Haha you guys are something else. Stang means nothing. I drive a Mustang GT, hence the word Stang. Keep searching facebook for something that does not exist. Let me know what you find!

edit

This bold bug needs to be fixed!!
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Stang: Well god damnit. I just wanted to see the face behind the hate. Then proceed to make blackmail threats with it.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy: Your wish shall be granted soon sir.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang: YOU WIN THIS TIME GADGET!
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Symphony
    @Stang said:
    " My name is Daniel also. You are a champion. In 6 months Arturo Sanchez will be begging to play your Dhalsim. On the real, welcome to competitive fighting games. Nothing in gaming is more intense then this, 1 on 1 fighting with a gigantic mental aspect. I will be honest, I rage like a little bitch. I break shit, swear like a sailor, anything you can think of. It comes with the turf. Be glad that Flower calms you down, it takes a cigarette and a beer to calm my nerves :p "
    I second those emotions and have been realllly trying to curb them lately. But I'm lucky in that all it takes for me to calm down is to stand up and take a few steps away from my TV. It's like a different persona (the spirit of competition, perhaps?) takes over when I sit down and play but then instantly vanishes the moment I stop.

Although I must say MW2 has got me cursing and throwing things around as much as SFIV. >.> SFIV is still in the lead though.. I broke a controller over that one =X

@DanielJW said:
    "So! I says to myself I says, "Daniel, before you put your fist through the wall, what might calm you down?"  To which I said "Fuck you", played the Balrog one more time, two ultra combo finishes, 9-0 for him. Mid way through my heavy metal scream, I decided it was time to stop."
    I know that scenario all too well >< My rational self says, "You're not going to win if you're this agitated, you know..." to which my competitve self replies, "What are you, my mom? STFU" and then continues to get walloped. ; ;
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Stang: By soon you mean Final Round I beat. VERY WELL! There will be video evidence of your looks of shame for all to see!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang
    @Symphony: MW2....oh god. There is a reason I have only played that for 16 hours. I feel like I am going to explode when I play that, 2-15 k/d screws with your emotions.

@SpecialBuddy: Nobody wants to see my 365 pound beastly physique. I am doing you all a favor.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Scooper

Hahaha, good story. I need a flower in my life to play after some street fighter.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By lordofultima

This would require me to buy Flower on PS3, and then have to switch consoles and inputs, which would probably make me more upset and I would end up dropkicking the television. Never underestimate the walk, especially in the winter. It's real sobering and is what I do in a lot of situations where I'm stressed out.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I just noticed that all the Street Fighter "nerds" all have Street Fighter characters as their avatar.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By c1337us

I just got my ass handed to me in Chapter X of Bayonetta maybe I should play some Flower. I usually switch off and dont play again for the day but something different wouldnt hurt either.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DanielJW
    @lordofultima said:
    " This would require me to buy Flower on PS3, and then have to switch consoles and inputs, which would probably make me more upset and I would end up dropkicking the television. Never underestimate the walk, especially in the winter. It's real sobering and is what I do in a lot of situations where I'm stressed out. "
    I'd pay to see a video of you drop kicking your TV. Just sayin'... 
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " I just noticed that all the Street Fighter "nerds" all have Street Fighter characters as their avatar. "
    Nothing gets by you.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Renahzor
    @Stang said:
    "I drive a Mustang GT, "

Im sorry, we cant be friends anymore.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lordofultima
    @Renahzor said:
    " @Stang said:
    "I drive a Mustang GT, "

Im sorry, we cant be friends anymore. "
    True that, what a d-bag. 

@DanielJW said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " This would require me to buy Flower on PS3, and then have to switch consoles and inputs, which would probably make me more upset and I would end up dropkicking the television. Never underestimate the walk, especially in the winter. It's real sobering and is what I do in a lot of situations where I'm stressed out. "
    I'd pay to see a video of you drop kicking your TV. Just sayin'...  "
    Yeah the vision is relatively hilarious, but would be horrifying if I actually did it.  

@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " I just noticed that all the Street Fighter "nerds" all have Street Fighter characters as their avatar. "
    O.K. Mr. I have "Metal Gear" right in my username, along with underscores for no real reason. Your avatar should be your own face getting punched by my fist.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Stang
    @Renahzor:@lordofultima: 

Fine then, screw you both :(

So much unwarranted hate. You two should seek psychological help for your misplaced anger.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @lordofultima: Whoa, chill out dude.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By demontium
    @DanielJW said:
    " @demontium said:
    " WHAT?  Well, i will still continue to read your blogs, but this was kinda a wierd connection.  Although both games are so completely different I guess they strike a good balance to have both. "
    Well it's good to know you'll stick with me.   I was just trying to make the point that Flower is like a good friend to me. After all the guff I take in SFIV from people way better than me, it's there to cheer me up so I can continue on with my day without being angry at everything. "
    I know. I got the whole theme of how one game compliments the other. 

Looking back I do not think it is too far of a stretch. 

I guess I should play more flower (I have only played like 3 hours), and less SFIV (I have played like 250 hours). 

Really try SFIV though. My friend was pushed to play it (by me obviously) and ended up really loving it.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By End_Boss

I have a question for those who know in the GB SFIV community: what's the word on Cody? Is he good, or is he Abel-level (not trying to shit on Abel or anything, he was my main before I traded the game in)? I'm pretty sure he's a brawler/grappler too, so I could see that happening. That would be unfortunate.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By jakob187

The GB SFIV community is scary as fuck!  So much hate, and yet all the little 8-bit SF toons in the avatars are so cute.  Almost makes the Raging Demon seem like it has a clit attached to it.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DanielJW
    @jakob187 said:

" The GB SFIV community is scary as fuck! "

Agreed. But in the best possible way.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @jakob187 said:
    " The GB SFIV community is scary as fuck!  So much hate, and yet all the little 8-bit SF toons in the avatars are so cute.  Almost makes the Raging Demon seem like it has a clit attached to it. "
    I see no hate,
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By lordofultima
    @jakob187 said:
    " The GB SFIV community is scary as fuck!  So much hate, and yet all the little 8-bit SF toons in the avatars are so cute.  Almost makes the Raging Demon seem like it has a clit attached to it. "
    That sounds even more frightening. I'm switching mains now, Akuma is a vag.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " My name is Daniel also. "
    Fuck you. You're name is fucking Stang you fuck!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    " My name is Daniel also. "
    Fuck you. You're name is fucking Stang you fuck! "
    2010 Best word:fuck ratio award goes to......................NAPALM. WOOOOOOOO!!!!
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    That sounds even more frightening. I'm switching mains now, Akuma is a vag. "
    Agreed. Akuma is a "raging" vag. GET IT!
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    That sounds even more frightening. I'm switching mains now, Akuma is a vag. "
    Agreed. Akuma is a "raging" vag. GET IT! "
    /hears crickets in the background.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AniMoney
    @jakob187 said:
    " The GB SFIV community is scary as fuck!   
    boo  

@jakob187 said:
    " Almost makes the Raging Demon seem like it has a clit attached to it. "
    what. Also raging demon is only 2 letters away from vagina demon, just let that sink in.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By dbz1995

Flower-'tis an awesome game.

Street FIghter-'tis an awesome game

Fuse them together and you get HYYYPE

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OmegaPirate

You want a way to make flower hate you? try getting the pure trophy 

Makes you appreciate seths predictableness

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.