Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Tips to learning El Fuerte?

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ImperiousRix

Anyone who uses El Fuerte frequently got any tips for learning to play well as him?  I just really like his character and want to be able to play at least SLIGHTLY decently with him...

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BoG

I'd say practice. He's a unique character, especially for the SF universe. The only thing I can compare him to is a KoF character because of his specials that require inputs after the initial input, but that's pushing it. Go through the trial mode, read some web strategies, and see what works for you.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Get into character by dressing up as a luchador when you play the game.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Systech

You just have to know when super dynamic cooking time is.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

Training mode

Turn on CPU
    Fight.

That's about it.  Other than that, just watch some YouTube videos to see what his strong points and weak points are in front of your own eyes.

The same as anyone else taking SFIV slightly serious is doing...
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImperiousRix
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Get into character by dressing up as a luchador when you play the game."

Way ahead of you, brother...
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vision

Maybe this will help you. :)

http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/el-fuerte-street-fighter-4-character-guide/

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to get into him cause he seems like an awesome character, but as far as I've noticed it's really about timing.
    It's always about timing, but with El Fuerte you won't be able to win with some errant kicks and the occasional special move.
    The distance between you and your opponent is pretty paramount with El Fuerte since he's amazing against projectiles.
    I'm pretty far from being comfortable with him, but a few player matches with him online has helped me understand him better.
    I originally thought he was an ill fit for SFIV, but he's grown on me.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImperiousRix
    Vision said:
    "Maybe this will help you. :) http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/jul/08/el-fuerte-street-fighter-4-character-guide/"

Dude... Fuerte sounds like one complicated fucker.
    I'm gaining even more respect to those who can play well as him.  Looks like I've got some work ahead of me.
    Vision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vision

Yeah but that's the rewarding part. ^^

All power to the divine cooks.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By granderojo

El Fuerte trick is to confuse the other player and to keep your opponent on the ground (IMPORTANT). If possible, try to dodge instead of blocking. El Fuerte takes a lot of damage when blocking so use his speed to escape certain moves. When attacking, try dashing into a body splash first. If you can't get in close, then a great move to resort to is the wall jump to HP then back dash to HP. The wall jump has great range and the back dash is great for avoiding that annoying low kick that most people pull off. Mix your move-set up to keep your opponent off balance. If the other player tries to jump out of your loop then hit him with the Guacamole Slew (Air Throw). One last tip is his Ultra move. Once you knock your opponent down, move back about a body's length. Forward dash to HP throw should move you back to the correct spot. Perform the ultra 1/4 to 1/2 of the way though your opponents recovery animation. This should result in El Fuerte landing on the opposing player's head as soon as he gets up. Use this with CAUTION, if El Fuerte isn't in the correct spot or if your timing is off he will hop over or right in front of the other player, leaving him open for some serious punishing damage.

His body splash has major priority, try to center your play around that.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Speed, his speed is his key hes a somewhat weak character in nearly every other way but his speed is amazing and it makes for a very hard time to time his moves your best bet is to learn to deal with his speed its hard to get his move timing down by sheer visual cues alone. Since his animations are so sparadic and fantic.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BoG
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Speed, his speed is his key hes a somewhat weak character in nearly every other way but his speed is amazing and it makes for a very hard time to time his moves your best bet is to learn to deal with his speed its hard to get his move timing down by sheer visual cues alone. Since his animations are so sparadic and fantic."
    Speed is definitely one of his advantages. I think I should add to my own post and all others that you should combine his speed with some mindgames. Fuerte is a new character, and not the most popular, so mind games are super effective. I've played against Fuertes who were nothing special, but had mastered mind games, and I succumbed to it. What's best about Fuerte is that his dash can go forward or back, it goes into into a huge variety of moves, and can be cancelled with a button press.
    Also, utilize his AA against the Ryus and Kens online who love to make the air approach and DP from being knocked down. As Bigred said, you want to keep your opponent on the ground, so get to know when they take to the air and punish them for it.
    RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By RobDaFunk
    thabigred said:
    "Use this with CAUTION, if El Fuerte isn't in the correct spot or if your timing is off he will hop over or right in front of the other player, leaving him open for some serious punishing damage.His body splash has major priority, try to center your play around that."
    You can actually steer the Ultra close or further away from yourselve by holding left or right after you inputed the Ultra (Just hold the direction when the screen fades down).  You can be stood right next to your opponant and Still land the Ultra. ;) 
    granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By granderojo
    RobDaFunk said:
    "thabigred said:
    "Use this with CAUTION, if El Fuerte isn't in the correct spot or if your timing is off he will hop over or right in front of the other player, leaving him open for some serious punishing damage.His body splash has major priority, try to center your play around that."
    You can actually steer the Ultra close or further away from yourselve by holding left or right after you inputed the Ultra (Just hold the direction when the screen fades down).  You can be stood right next to your opponant and Still land the Ultra. ;)  "
    Wow, just wow.

I main with El Fuerte and I didn't know that.

I am off to try this out, thanks bro.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ImperiousRix

The steering his Ultra tip really helped out, but sadly... I'm just not naturally gifted with El Fuerte.  I just can't seem to get the play style down.
    I'll play as him sporadically, but I doubt I'll ever be able to consistently play well as him.

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By satseb

check out the Shoryuken.com forums

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.