Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Trial Challenges

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By MAST

Should i be completely down on myself over the fact that i can't even get through the first 5 normal trials? I can get through the first 3 pretty easy, but once i get to the 4th, and it starts wanting me to do these crazy elaborate combos. I just can't, and i end up getting frustrated and quit.

I swear, i'm punching in this combos exactly right. For example, Balrog has this one combo where it wants me to do a focus, then immediately do a Dash Upper, and then his Crazy Buffalo super. I do that combo perfectly. One right after the other. I do the third part of the combo so fast, that Dan is still in mid-air from the second move. He hasn't even landed yet. But it still doesn't count for some odd reason.

It seems like these combos are pretty basic gameplay. I mean, they are what Street Fighter is all about, right? So these trials, rather then help me, pretty much just remind me of why i should send this game back to gamefly and not even bother. I mean, if i can't even figure out the most average part of this game...

/sigh

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShiroMe

Don't sell it. If you are bad then play online a lot so I can get some easy wins.

Funnyman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Funnyman22
    ShiroMe said:
    "Don't sell it. If you are bad then play online a lot so I can get some easy wins."
    QFT
    CuoreAzzurro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CuoreAzzurro
    ShiroMe said:
    "

Don't sell it. If you are bad then play online a lot so I can get some easy wins.

"
    ...That was awesome of you.

Don't get discouraged, Mast. While I haven't tried the trials yet, (I've been focusing on unlocking stuff and playing online), elaborate combos are NOT the main part of SF. ...Not at all. Street Fighter is about simple combat and strategy. So... who cares if you can't get through the trials; play through arcade mode a few times until you establish a character you're interested in using online, and give that a shot. If you're having fun playing, then that's all that matters. Street Fighter characters don't have the crazy long move lists that other fighters have, and that's why it's easier to become proficient at the game.

I hope that helps!
    ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShiroMe

The guy said he didn't want help.

MAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By MAST
    ShiroMe said:
    "The guy said he didn't want help."

Where did i say that? You must be referring to the part where i said "These trials, rather then help me, pretty much remind me of why i should send the game back to Gamefly." That wasn't me saying that i didn't want help, that was me talking about the fact that these challenges/trials don't really help a new player at all. Instead, they discourage and frustrate. Almost as if they are saying "Haha, these are basic combos and you can't even do them! And rather then try and teach you, we're just going to sit here and watch until you finally get it right."

At no point in my post did i say that i "didn't want help."

*cough* Reading comprehension *cough*

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Naughton
    ShiroMe said:
    "The guy said he didn't want help."
    Too bad he didn't ask for a douche-y response, 'cause you've got that shit under wraps.
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Kyle

Go on youtube and look up videos of people performing the combos correctly, that's what I did.

I think you're a little confused about the trials. They're not really there to help you. They're listed under "challenges" for a reason.

Perfectly cancelling into each one of these moves in sequence isn't really basic gameplay. There's a difference between stringing moves together and actually creating what the game considers a combo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.