Questions about the PC version

#1 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -

I was just wondering if it was a good port job and more importantly, how you play it.

Do people use their keyboard to play it? It just seems strange, Should I hook up my 360 controller or will the others using their keyboard have an advantage over me?

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

Right now I heard it's busted online. My personal opinion, skip it and get SSF4:AE if you don't have that yet.

#3 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4985 posts) -

Playing a fighter with a keyboard? That'd be... interesting. Watch out at this year's EVO for the Keyboard Warrior!

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (19065 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree said:

Playing a fighter with a keyboard? That'd be... interesting. Watch out at this year's EVO for the Keyboard Warrior!

There are a ton of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 players who use keyboards and they are gawtlike.

#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4985 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

@OllyOxenFree said:

There are a ton of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 players who use keyboards and they are gawtlike.

MK sure. But Street Fighter players? Show me!
#6 Posted by lordofultima (6282 posts) -

They use an arcade stick. Big shocker.

#7 Posted by ItBeStefYo (1007 posts) -

@lordofultima: It is a little bit cause those cost a bit. Would I have a chance with just my 360 controller then?

#8 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

@ItBeStefYo said:

@lordofultima: It is a little bit cause those cost a bit. Would I have a chance with just my 360 controller then?

Yes.

#9 Posted by zaglis (910 posts) -
@OllyOxenFree said:
Hey, at least he didn't have to play it with a gamepad.
#10 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

@Scooper: He's asking if the average human being can play with a 360 controller though, not a god among men like yourself.

#11 Posted by yates (384 posts) -

@mubress said:

@Scooper: He's asking if the average human being can play with a 360 controller though, not a god among men like yourself.

Don't feed this guys ego please.

#12 Posted by KingofClassy (68 posts) -

The PC version at the moment is the same as the 360 version unpatched, so the sound issues online exist (that annoys me the most) and there are more problems with lag: even more so when you have more than 1 person on a team. I play both AE and SFxT on a fight pad but I have friends who play keyboard/ps3 pad/ fightstick.

#13 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -

@yates said:

@mubress said:

Lol I can only play 1 game.

#14 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

@Scooper said:

@yates said:

@mubress said:

Lol I can only play 1 game.

That's because if you played any others the universe would implode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.