Who else plays with Luigi

#1 Posted by Solidus (11 posts) -

I always used to chose the 2 player mode and I would give all my lives to Luigi and play as him. Good time. :)

#2 Posted by Vafthrutnir (120 posts) -

Never have, never will.

#3 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I have when I played 2 players

#4 Posted by Hanabi (42 posts) -

Depends on the version. For the SNES version I only played Luigi in multiplayer. But in the GameBoy Advance version I played as Luigi because he was more than a recolored Mario.

#5 Posted by Solidus (11 posts) -

Really? I never played that version.. how was he different from Mario?

Like your Conan avatar btw. :P

#6 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

yeah, I did when I did 2 player

#7 Posted by Hanabi (42 posts) -
Solidus said:
"Really? I never played that version.. how was he different from Mario?

"
He was more like Luigi in Super Mario Bros 2. A different jumping style to the original Mario. The GBA version, aside from being made easier, is my favorite version. It made the Yoshi's coin collection quest and actual quest you could keep track of. It also added Yoshi coins into every single or almost every single level in the game. I'm pretty sure they added another collection quest but I haven't played the GBA version in a while so I don't remember what it was. They also allowed you to play both Mario and Luigi in single player and made them two different characters.

Man I wish I could find it in stores again someday. xD
#8 Posted by Foil_Charizard (345 posts) -

I loved Luigi in the Original SMB, other than in that game he sucks and I hate him and everything he stands for.

#9 Posted by Solidus (11 posts) -

OMG you did not just hate on Luigi >.<"

#10 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -

I can't say I did. Luigi's still awesome though =]

#11 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

Luigi is creepy, but awesome.

#12 Posted by Solidus (11 posts) -
Hanabi said:
"Solidus said:
"Really? I never played that version.. how was he different from Mario?

"
He was more like Luigi in Super Mario Bros 2. A different jumping style to the original Mario. The GBA version, aside from being made easier, is my favorite version. It made the Yoshi's coin collection quest and actual quest you could keep track of. It also added Yoshi coins into every single or almost every single level in the game. I'm pretty sure they added another collection quest but I haven't played the GBA version in a while so I don't remember what it was. They also allowed you to play both Mario and Luigi in single player and made them two different characters.

Man I wish I could find it in stores again someday. xD
"
Now you made me want to go out and hunt down the GBA version. XD
#13 Posted by Player1 (3876 posts) -

I do. Hes that failure that everyone loves

#14 Posted by DJ_LaFleur (178 posts) -

I've played with luigi in anay game that he existed in that I own.

#15 Posted by BlackCurtain (60 posts) -

No way dude! Mario ftw.

#16 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

I do, I like Lugi alot more

#17 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

The 'uig is superior without doubt. I wish that there were more Luigi-focused games out there. I kinda want to play Luigi's Mansion, but I can't find it anywhere.

#18 Posted by Leone (145 posts) -
Solidus said:
"I always used to chose the 2 player mode and I would give all my lives to Luigi and play as him. Good time. :)"
*High Five* Did the exact same thing all the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.