Super Robot Wars Impact marked the series's debut on the Playstation 2. It is a remake of Super Robot Wars Compact 2 Earth Crisis
, and Galaxy Showdown
, all of which were originally released for the Bandai Wonderswan. Battles take place on fully-3d maps, while combat sequences are animated using Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden's
The game follows Kyosuke Nanbu
, Excellen Browning
and their teammates as they battle various factions, including the alien Einsts. The first chapter features Kyosuke and the Earth team led by Dancougar's
Kotaru Hazuki, while the second chapter features Excellen and the space team led by Gundam's Bright Noa
. The teams unite in the third and final chapter. Mobile Fighter G Gundam
and Martian Successor Nadesico
are added to the game's roster in Impact, along with a new original villainness.
A list of the anime series which are featured in the game. As a remake, this game introduces no new series.
- Mobile Suit Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91
- Mobile Fighter G Gundam (Impact exclusive)
- Mazinger Z
- Great Mazinger
- UFO Robo Grendizer
- Getter Robo
- Getter Robo G
- Shin Getter Robo (manga version)
- Brave Raideen
- Super Electromagnetic Robo Combattler V
- Invincible Super Man Zambot 3
- Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- Super Beast Machine God Dancougar
- Ninja Senshi Tobikage
- Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos
- Martian Successor Nadesico (Impact exclusive)
- Banpresto Originals (original characters created for the game)
New FeaturesBattleship Support.
Battleships do not need anyone next to them to perform a Support Attack; they can call on one of their docked ships to perform an attack.Command Attack.
A special form of Support Attack, in which both the primary attacker and the supporter perform their attacks at the same time (as opposed to primary-enemy-supporter). This method guarantees a Critical Hit for both attacks.Shield Counter.
Instead of a unit's usage of their shield being dependent on luck, each unit is guaranteed a certain number of shield uses per map.Interactive Maps.
As opposed to the generally flat and unimpressive maps of most other entries in the SRW franchise, this game's battlefields features a more dynamic 3D feel, along with the inclusion of destructible walls. This design (along with the other new features of this game) are used again in Super Robot Wars MX
Changes from the Compact 2 Series
- G Gundam and Nadesico are included, along with Banpresto Original character Einst Alfimi.
- The unlockable units from New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine are removed.
- A number of extra Gundam units from the Playstation SRW are included.
- Several new stages are added, including a second stage for the extra chapter.
- Upgrades carry over between episodes.
- Support Defend works as it does in Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden. (The player can choose not to activate it.)
- Skill Points (Battle Masteries) return from Alpha Gaiden. The requirement to get the extra chapter is changed to 50 Battle Masteries (as opposed to 777 Turns in Compact 2)
- Containers also return from Alpha Gaiden.
- Combinations attacks return from Super Robot Wars 64.