Super Robot Wars Compact 2 was the second Super Robot Wars
strategy RPG to be released on the WonderSwan. Like Super Robot Wars F
/ F Final
before it, Compact 2 is split into multiple parts: Part 1
and Part 2
occur simultaneously, while Part 3 continues from Part 2. Using the WonderSwan's internal memory, players can send their clear data to each successive game; several events are altered based on the player's previous save, gained items are carried over to Part 3, and a special final scenario can be unlocked by clearing the entire trilogy within 777 turns.
The game, like its predecessor
, borrows almost all of its gameplay mechanics from F/F Final; however, it introduces the "Support System" which immediately became a core mechanic of the SRW franchise.
The entirety of Compact 2 was remade into Super Robot Wars Impact
for the PlayStation 2.
As the asteroid (introduced in Compact 2-2
) approaches Earth, Londo Bell worries that they may not have enough power to destroy it. Meanwhile, both Kyosuke and Excellen receive a message from the Einsts, causing Kyosuke to worry about his girlfriend. Excellen falls into a hypnotic state, and abruptly leaves the Ra Cailum.
The Gandol is able to make contact with the Ra Cailum, and the dragon-battleship moves to unite with Londo Bell. However, the Einst appear in what seems to be an attempt to stop the infiltration of the asteroid...
A list of the anime series which are featured in the game. This game introduces no new series.
- Mobile Suit Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
- Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91
- Mazinger Z
- Great Mazinger
- UFO Robo Grendizer
- Getter Robo
- Getter Robo G
- Shin Getter Robo (manga version)
- Brave Raideen
- Super Electromagnetic Robo Combattler V
- Invincible Super Man Zambot 3
- Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
- Aura Battler Dunbine
- New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine (units only)
- Super Beast Machine God Dancougar
- Ninja Senshi Tobikage
- Machine Robo: Revenge of Chronos
- Banpresto Originals (original characters created for the game)