Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 13, 2014

Collectively known as "Super Smash Bros. 4", the fourth installment of Nintendo's fighting game series was released for both the Wii U console and the handheld Nintendo 3DS.

Marth is feeling like he's back, just like he's back

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Kotaku: Marth Joins The Smash Bros. Fray, Promptly Seduces Princess Peach

No Caption Provided

The last time I remember playing this was on Brawl in highschool. And I'm pretty sure my friend chose Marth, so relevancy. And I remember I was Kirby, and this other guy chose Donkey Kong. And he was on his last life, so he grabbed me and jumped off the stage. And you seem him falling, and I just let go of him, and just float back up to the top. And he's just "Noooooo-oo!" And he died. And it was great, and everyone just made fun of him for like five minutes. All the while, my friend was kicking our asses with Marth here. So yea, Marth is pretty good.

I usually choose Pikachu, so I win.

So, by the time this comes out in like May or something, what other characters do you guys wanna see come out on Super Smash here? I'm thinking like a Goron, probably from Zelda: A Link Between Worlds maybe.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I still wanna see Ridley, but with Samus out of commission (and getting no recognition from Nintendo [iirc] for her 25th Anniversary) recently, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#TeamRoy

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Snake'll still be in it, r-right guys?

The only characters I can think of off the top of my head that I'd like to see are any of the Fire Emblem 7 lords, but that game is so far out of relevancy that I'm sure it's doomed to trophy/assist trophy hell.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nice! Marth was my go-to in Melee and Brawl, at least until I gave Ike a shot.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@shaka999: Ridley is too large to work as anything other than a boss like in Brawl's SSE mode.

As for Marth, I'm pleased to see he's back. I do wonder when they'll announce some more newcomers, though.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I hope Chrom gets announced as the other FE character.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Should have been Lucina. She could have at least been slightly different and would have helped with the utter lack of female characters.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've somehow made it through my entire life without playing a Smash Bros game, I guess I should finally get on board.

If they throw some Captain Falcon or Mike Jones from Star Tropics on the roster, I'm 100% in.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me it's Meta Knight.

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've somehow made it through my entire life without playing a Smash Bros game, I guess I should finally get on board.

If they throw some Captain Falcon or Mike Jones from Star Tropics on the roster, I'm 100% in.

Captain Falcon has been there since the beginning, so I doubt they'd omit him at this point. Same goes for Samus, as well. Just because they haven't been announced doesn't mean they're not in the game. Hell, they did a big "announcement" that Luigi was in the game!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Marth is kind of a given at this point, so I'm wondering if Chrom will show up or not. I'm guessing yes.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@dourin said:

Captain Falcon has been there since the beginning, so I doubt they'd omit him at this point. Same goes for Samus, as well. Just because they haven't been announced doesn't mean they're not in the game. Hell, they did a big "announcement" that Luigi was in the game!

Luigi and Captain Falcon have always been secret characters and they said they wouldn't announce who the secret characters are ahead of time. They only made a big deal out of Luigi because it's the year of Luigi. You gotta celebrate that!

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dourin said:

@oldenglishc said:

I guess the deal is sealed. Pre-order away!

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By Liquidus

@wintersnowblind said:

Should have been Lucina. She could have at least been slightly different and would have helped with the utter lack of female characters.

I agree but Marth is a stable, they wouldn't get rid of him. I guess they could also put Lucina in but then you'd have two "Marth"s and that would be weird.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I really liked Marth in Melee, the sword dance or whatever it's called was really cool. Plus his taunt is fantastic.

"You stay, me take the bread".

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marth was my favorite. Kind of bummed they didn't go with the Awakening version though. This is why Smash Bros needs real alternate costumes. Now I just want to see if they replace Ike with Chrom.

Also Samus has totally been announced already guys. In the reveal trailer I believe.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GaspoweR

Also I seem to remember Marth and Meta-knight being top-tier characters in Melee Smash tournaments.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I expected Awakening Marth.

But regardless, until they reveal Game and Watch, my purchase is up in the air.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Can Marth do Flare Blade?

No.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

There was no way he wasn't going to be in it, but I'm delighted all the same.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MezZa

Really hope Lucina or Chrom get in as well. I'd like to be able to main a fire emblem character without mirroring my practice partner. If not I guess I'll just go with Villager or Toon Link. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a Wii U just for this game.

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: I'm pretty sure Meta didn't show up till Brawl.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: I'm pretty sure Meta didn't show up till Brawl.

Yeah, double checked that and made the correction. My bad!

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: all good :) won't hold it against you.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Never played a fire emblem game, but Marth became my most used character in melee when playing at my friends house.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pyrodactyl

Damn... Marth is such a boring character compared to the others from fire emblem. Let's hope they give him all of Ike's moves because they're all more interesting, technical and, most of all, hit like a goddamn 18 wheeler. Maybe Marth is a better character for high level play because of his superior speed but it doesn't make him any more fun to watch/play.

Seriously, they chose the guy with all those stupid normal looking sword combos as ''special attacks'' instead of the one that creates protective explosions of death, dashs across the field in an instant, has the hugest sword and can hit you by throwing said sword into the air in an attack that looks like some kind of WWE finisher.

No Caption Provided

I mean, what the fuck nintendo?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

@pyrodactyl: I know this post is old but can you really say this is boring to watch? Good Marth play is downright elegant.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immortalsaiyan: man, I don't know. High level super smash bros play just look like a regular fighting game to me. If I wanted elegance out of my fighting game I would play street fighter. Besides, I know a bunch of people that are fairly good at smash and our mid level games look way more flashy than a professional player juggling with regular attacks and grabs. Seriously, in the pro scene they barely even pull off special attacks because they're not snappy enough to hit the other guy coming with his boring ass juggle combo.

I want flash and a diversified move set for my character. Marth has a bunch of regular speedy sword strikes as normal attacks, a sword uppercut, a sword stab, a sword combo and a counter as ''specials''. Compared to Ike's giant sword swing smash attacks, best 3 hit regular combo in the game and a wild variety of special attacks (shielding explosion, fast med range dash, aerial spinning sword and counter) Marth looks and plays like a hobo. A fast hobo but a hobo nonetheless.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@pyrodactyl: I want to meet your hobos, because they must be dapper as fuck.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

We like Ike.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Fuck Marth.

takashichea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I feel that they should just increase the representation of the Fire Emblem series to three: Marth, Chrom, and Lucina with the how successful Fire Emblem Awakening was. I can't think of any characters to add because most of them in my head are third party characters that won't work out like Evolution World and Skies of Arcadia.

Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon franchises have enough representation because they have or exceed 4. In Samus's franchise, there is not a lot of characters, and most of them will work out as trophies or appear as stickers. If you want to add more female characters, go with Lucina and Krystal (Star Fox). Rosalina was already confirmed. I'm happy with that news.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.