Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Street Fighter 4 TE Sticks $95 For The Next Three Hours

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By skrutop
    Edit: Deal's passed, but Gameshark.com has a sale running through July 28.  $100, free shipping, PS3 and 360.  Link

They're going fast.  Amazon's Gold Box has the TE's on sale here.

Like JJOR64 said, 360 only
    Eligible for Free Shipping.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

Just a little heads up, it's for Xbox 360, not PS3.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By CL60

holy fuck, I'm canceling my order that still hasn't shipped after a month.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CL60

Nevermind. I guess I'm not..it says....

• Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By skrutop
    @CL60 said:
    " Nevermind. I guess I'm not..it says....

• Xbox 360 Street Fighter IV FightStick Tournament Edition cannot be shipped to the selected address.
    "
    That sucks, are you outside of the US?
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60

I'm out of ideas on where else I can buy one. Because I'm getting pissed that they still haven't shipped my stick in 3 weeks.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By Icemael

These things cost $95, and that's "on sale"? Dude. Dude.

Like, if there was a Special Edition where you got Super Street Fighter IV and a fight stick for $95, that'd be pretty reasonable. But just the fightstick, and only during a sale? That's insane.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By skrutop
    @Icemael:   They're normally around $150.  I've seen them for $120, so I figured I'll get one for under $100.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CL60
    @skrutop said:
    " @Icemael:   They're normally around $150.  I've seen them for $120, so I figured I'll get one for under $100. "
    I've been waiting for mine to ship for a month now...:/ My order status says "Not yet shipped". I wish I could order from amazon right now ...
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Pessh
    @CL60:  ask dbz1995
    Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Ace829

I got it.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Icemael
    @skrutop: That's crazy. People complain about $150 for a Kinect being too high, and the Kinect is -- if it works as promised -- a technologically groundbreaking device. These fightsticks, however, consist only of a stick and a bunch of buttons, and most people use them only for a single game.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By skrutop
    @Icemael: I understand your point.  However, the fight stick allows me to play Street Fighter.  The Kinect will allow me to flail around like an idiot and lose at whatever I'm playing.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By napalm
    @Icemael: The importance of arcade sticks in fighting games just went right the fuck over your head.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Icemael
    @Napalm: A regular controller is far more important and useful -- it's required to play, and capable of playing virtually all games (including fighting games; and just as well as a fightstick, unless you plan to participate in high-level tournaments) -- but they don't charge $150 -- the price of aNintendo DS with a game  -- for those.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Icemael said:
    " @Napalm: A regular controller is far more important and useful -- it's required to play, and capable of playing virtually all games (including fighting games; and just as well as a fightstick, unless you plan to participate in high-level tournaments) -- but they don't charge $150 -- the price of aNintendo DS with a game  -- for those. "
    Bingo.  And not just high-level tournaments, but anybody who plays competitively at any level.  Also, many people who often play these fighting games also just prefer playing with an arcade stick as all of the buttons are quick to access and easier to press at the same time compared to a controller.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima
    @Icemael said:

" @Napalm: A regular controller is far more important and useful -- it's required to play, and capable of playing virtually all games (including fighting games; and just as well as a fightstick, unless you plan to participate in high-level tournaments) -- but they don't charge $150 -- the price of aNintendo DS with a game  -- for those. "

Kinect looks completely impossible to enjoy, so yes 150 bones for that is ridiculous. An Arcade stick is for someone who plays fighting games. You know, THOUSANDS OF HOURS of fighting games. Definitely worth the purchase. If you compare it to Kinect where you will probably play each individual game for 20 minutes, it's a great deal. 

A regular Xbox 360 controller costs like $50. That's just some circuit board with a couple contact points where cheap plastic buttons make contact. The hardware in arcade sticks is a lot more complex, consisting of many microswitches and cabling, for completely accurate and long-lasting usage. Everything is even hot-swappable inside the stick itself, which must lead to higher manufacturing costs. It also weighs like 10 pounds. It is a quality product.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Icemael
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Icemael said:
    Bingo.  And not just high-level tournaments, but anybody who plays competitively at any level.  Also, many people who often play these fighting games also just prefer playing with an arcade stick as all of the buttons are quick to access and easier to press at the same time compared to a controller. "
    There are people who play competitively with gamepads and do better than most fightstick users, so it's not at all vital for "anybody who plays competitively at any level". Maybe if you've already spent countless hours in the arcades and can't feel comfortable with anything else that a fightstick, but if that isn't the case and you don't plan on participating in high-level competitive play, it's a complete waste of money.

@lordofultima said:
    "Kinect looks completely impossible to enjoy, so yes 150 bones for that is ridiculous. An Arcade stick is for someone who plays fighting games. You know, THOUSANDS OF HOURS of fighting games. Definitely worth the purchase. If you compare it to Kinect where you will probably play each individual game for 20 minutes, it's a great deal.  A regular Xbox 360 controller costs like $50. That's just some circuit board with a couple contact points where cheap plastic buttons make contact. The hardware in arcade sticks is a lot more complex, consisting of many microswitches and cabling, for completely accurate and long-lasting usage. Everything is even hot-swappable inside the stick itself, which must lead to higher manufacturing costs. It also weighs like 10 pounds. It is a quality product."
    My point was that Kinect is something they've spent years developing the technology -- technology we haven't seen before -- for, while a fightstick is, well, a stick and a couple of buttons. For $150. A hundred and fifty bones. The price of a spanking new Nintendo DS Lite with a game. That's a portable platform. With buttons included. And two screens. One of which is a touchscreen. And the ability to play hundreds upon hundreds of different games, including Game Boy Advance games. And a game to get you started.

As opposed to, you know, a huge chunk of plastic with a stick and a couple of buttons attached.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lordofultima
    @Icemael: It's a specialty controller, you pay a premium for it. I don't see what the big deal is, everyone who enjoys or wants an arcade stick buys one, and people like you (the people who complain about the price for some reason) wouldn't buy one anyway. I think the price of a portable gaming system or even kinect is ridiculous to begin with, but I don't go to the forums complaining about it. They're not for me, and even if kinect was 20 dollars I still wouldn't purchase it. 

Some people pay more money for mechanical keyboards because they want tactile response to a keystroke, an arcade stick is something like that. Definitely 50 times the quality of any normal 50 dollar controller. A Porche doesn't sell a whole bunch, they charge a premium for it though, it's a great car. 

If you spend 50 hours playing street fighter, then you've already spent the time it takes to beat 6 or 7 full-price retail games. Might as well invest with a controller that just feels a hell of a lot better and responds the way it should.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pessh

Kinect is a novelty. A fightstick is an a long term investment that can dramatically improve your game over time. That's not to say you need a fightstick, 2 of the top 8 at EVO this year were pad warriors. Its preference with fightsticks, whereas Kinect is microsoft’s big thing for the next year until everyone realises motion controls are only fun for five minutes.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By napalm

This Icemeal dude is starting to grate on my nerves a bit.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @Napalm said:
    " This Icemeal dude is starting to grate on my nerves a bit. "
    I don't think he's gonna get much in the way of support here either.
    $95 is a great price for a great way to play Street Fighter, fighting games in general, and arcade games.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Pessh

Should tie him to a chair and make him listen to DSP, or maybe get Gootecks to throw some outrageously priced fightsticks at him.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By napalm
    @Pessh said:
    " Should tie him to a chair and make him listen to DSP. "
    "AWW CMAAAN DAS FUCKIN BOOLSHEIT"
    RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RVonE

That's a great deal! I already own two of those sticks, but if anyone is on the fence about these sticks get them now; they're worth their price if you're into fighting games.
    myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By myke_tuna
    @Icemael said:
    My point was that Kinect is something they've spent years developing the technology -- technology we haven't seen before -- for, while a fightstick is, well, a stick and a couple of buttons. For $150. A hundred and fifty bones. The price of a spanking new Nintendo DS Lite with a game. That's a portable platform. With buttons included. And two screens. One of which is a touchscreen. And the ability to play hundreds upon hundreds of different games, including Game Boy Advance games. And a game to get you started. As opposed to, you know, a huge chunk of plastic with a stick and a couple of buttons attached. "
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Icemael: It's a specialty controller, you pay a premium for it. I don't see what the big deal is, everyone who enjoys or wants an arcade stick buys one, and people like you (the people who complain about the price for some reason) wouldn't buy one anyway. I think the price of a portable gaming system or even kinect is ridiculous to begin with, but I don't go to the forums complaining about it. They're not for me, and even if kinect was 20 dollars I still wouldn't purchase it.  Some people pay more money for mechanical keyboards because they want tactile response to a keystroke, an arcade stick is something like that. Definitely 50 times the quality of any normal 50 dollar controller. A Porche doesn't sell a whole bunch, they charge a premium for it though, it's a great car.  If you spend 50 hours playing street fighter, then you've already spent the time it takes to beat 6 or 7 full-price retail games. Might as well invest with a controller that just feels a hell of a lot better and responds the way it should. "
    What lord is saying is pretty much right. This is a specialty controller. It's more like buying a big F350 truck because you need it for work than a Porsche. It's only a Porsche if you're not serious about fighting games and/or a casual player that wants the best (for some reason). Otherwise, a fightstick is as essential as a big ass truck to a farmer/contractor.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lordofultima
    @myketuna: Well I mean in the sense that you get what you pay for. Everything in a top-grade arcade stick performs to top standards, and a standard pad is using archaic inputs that will produce a similar result most of the time. The fact is that a Porche will outlast and outperform a standard Chevrolet Malibu or something along those lines. They both inherently do the same thing, but one car you pay a premium for.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima: I fucking love you for your metaphors, Ultima.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By Damien

lol bias

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Why do you need to compare an arcade fightstick with Kinect?  They're both $150 coz they were both manufactured costing at that price per unit plus profit.  The fightstick costs $150 for the quality buttons, quality stick, complex PCB, and durable casing.  The fightstick is basically expensive because of the promised quality hardware, and it was developed with research too by its creators so the price also considers the somewhat royalty or patent, etc.  As for Kinect, it costs $150 because it has cameras (may even be a cheap one in fact) and a simple plastic casing plus the software involved.  It becomes expensive because of the developed software (with research) and most importantly, the Microsoft brand. 

Basically, it's not just priced due to its usability, but the cost of production.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima: I fucking love you for your metaphors, Ultima. "
    Yeah I'm king of metaphors. Changing my name to Sage of Ultima
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#32  Edited By beargirl1

that stuff doesn't ship to Canada through Amazon.com so i'm not angry that i missed it. was that deal on .ca? 

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60
    @AjayRaz said:
    " that stuff doesn't ship to Canada through Amazon.com so i'm not angry that i missed it. was that deal on .ca?  "
    Nope. I looked. I'm probably going to cancel my other order and order it on amazon.ca. Even though the amazon.ca price is ridiculous, I've been waiting 3 weeks for a stick from this other site, and the status still says "Not yet shipped".
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#34  Edited By beargirl1
    @CL60: figures. i tried ordering a SE stick on the Amazon.com site (cause .ca doesn't let me purchase it through Amazon officially.. and the prices are ridiculous) and it didn't let me.  

i might order a TE on .ca, too. no use in getting a SE if it's the price of a TE. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CL60
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @CL60: figures. i tried ordering a SE stick on the Amazon.com site (cause .ca doesn't let me purchase it through Amazon officially.. and the prices are ridiculous) and it didn't let me.   i might order a TE on .ca, too. no use in getting a SE if it's the price of a TE.  "
    I was incredibly angry when I tried ordering one from amazon.com for $94.99 and got a big "We cannot ship to this address" come up. So now it's either keep waiting for this stick from tigerdirect, which has said "Not yet shipped" for 3 weeks, or buy one from amazon.ca for $169.99.

At least there is free shipping on amazon..
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By skrutop
    @lordofultima said:
    " A Porche doesn't sell a whole bunch, they charge a premium for it though, it's a great car.  If you spend 50 hours playing street fighter, then you've already spent the time it takes to beat 6 or 7 full-price retail games. Might as well invest with a controller that just feels a hell of a lot better and responds the way it should. "
    This is where I'm at.  I bought a fight pad for $30, and it's ok, but I'd like to have the feel of an arcade stick.  I'm sure I'll get the use out of it.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By demontium

Hurray.... I already have 1.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By skrutop
    @Wilkins_III:   Also, being a DINK (dual-income, no kids) definitely has its perks when you want to blow money on stuff you don't need.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#39  Edited By AgentJ

Sadface.
    These only go on sale when I don't have any money to spend on them.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By skrutop

Just got it in the mail today.  I'm a bit too drunk to try it in earnest, but I'm already finding that FADC is easier to pull off versus the pad.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#41  Edited By Ace829
    @skrutop said:
    " Just got it in the mail today.  I'm a bit too drunk to try it in earnest, but I'm already finding that FADC is easier to pull off versus the pad. "
    I just got it today too. Also being able to throw consistently was something that I couldn't do on the controller. This stick is awesome though.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CL60

Mine finally shipped today after waiting a month, so I'm happy :) Should be here on the 26th, or 27th.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.