Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sweden

Location » linked to 103 games

Sweden is a constitutional monarchy located on the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe. Its capital city is Stockholm.

Kinect featured on popular swedish game show

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By swoxx

This topic is problably only interesting to the swedes on the site, but since there's a fair amount of us i thought i'd bring it up. 

Right now on Kanal 5 on the show "Vem Kan Slå Filip & Fredrik" they're competing in Kinect Sports as one of the competitions 

How much do you think microsoft paid for that?

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

The only thing I've ever watched by Filip & Fredrik was when they visited the Westboro Baptist Church and when Marilyn Manson was a guest on their show.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

I think there's a good chance Microsoft didn't pay a dime. 

Also, Vem Kan Slå Filip & Fredrik is terrible (but then, so is popular Swedish humour in general).

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By swoxx
    @Icemael said:
    " I think there's a good chance Microsoft didn't pay a dime. Also, Vem Kan Slå Filip & Fredrik is terrible (but then, so is popular Swedish humour in general). "
    I kinda like it, then again you'd probably have to be a fan of those guys to appreciate it. How come you don't think they paid anything? I mean they've never used any other VG motion peripheral in their shows afaik, granted they didn't really advertise the kinect much
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By keyhunter
    @Icemael:  Okay, I think I get that Joke from metalocalypse about the two swedish dads sitcom now. They were trying to say that swedish humor is bad. Good to know!
    Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eaxis

Kinect has also been advertised on the Norwegian version "Hvem kan slå aamodt og kjus". Kinect adventures and kinect sports was featured. During the commercials I have seen some Kinect adverts as well.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Icemael
    @swoxx said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " I think there's a good chance Microsoft didn't pay a dime. Also, Vem Kan Slå Filip & Fredrik is terrible (but then, so is popular Swedish humour in general). "
    I kinda like it, then again you'd probably have to be a fan of those guys to appreciate it. How come you don't think they paid anything? I mean they've never used any other VG motion peripheral in their shows afaik, granted they didn't really advertise the kinect much "
    Because Kinect seems to me like the kind of thing Filip & Fredrik would want to have in their show. But this makes me think maybe Microsoft paid after all: 
    @Eaxis said:
    " Kinect has also been advertised on the Norwegian version "Hvem kan slå aamodt og kjus". "
    It would be pretty weird if both Filip & Fredrik and their Norwegian knockoffs (or is it the other way around?) decided, at the same time, that they wanted Kinect in their shows.
    swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By swoxx
    @Icemael: I have to agree, sir
    Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose
    @Icemael said:
    "(but then, so is popular Swedish humour in general). "
    I'm kinda out of touch, I know. But what kind of humour are you referring to?
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Icemael
    @TheSeductiveMoose said:
    " @Icemael said:
    "(but then, so is popular Swedish humour in general). "
    I'm kinda out of touch, I know. But what kind of humour are you referring to? "
    Filip & Fredrik, Roast på Berns (and almost all the comedians in it) et cetera. Basically most of what's currently big.
    Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Venatio

Yeah I saw the commercials for that 

But I just think that they looked at the Kinect and said: "Den här grejen ser ganska cool ut, vi borde kanske ha med den på programmet"

Or something, I don't think Microsoft cares

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.