Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Takeshi no Chousenjou

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 10, 1986

Known outside of Japan as "Takeshi's Challenge", this game is an unconventional action-adventure platformer created by famous Japanese comedian Beat Takeshi. Along with its open world exploration and mature themes, the game is known for its unorthodox game progression (where the game can easily be made unwinnable).

There's masochistic and then there's Takeshi's Challenge.

Pepsiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Pepsiman

While I take vague pride in fleshing out the article for Takeshi's Challenge just now, the quasi-encyclopedic nature of Giant Bomb prevented me from providing too much color commentary on such an infamous Japanese Famicom game. This is actually a pretty sad thing because being relatively neutral about the game when attempting to describe the, ah, "interesting" challenges that the game throws at you just doesn't really do justice to the experience. Really, the only way to truly understand the completely intended horrors of the game are to either play it for yourself or, at the very least, read an article which goes into more humorously biased detail than a wiki article on this site can. This is one such example of an unencyclopedic discourse which does a better job of telling you why the game is so satanic and notorious on the other side of the Pacific to this day.

Thus, I have a question for you all: After reading the other article in the second link provided, would you dare attempt to play the game should the opportunity arise? Or would you reserve your sanity for a game that's equally tough but "good?" After all, this game we're talking about is one whose title screen openly admits that it was designed by a guy who hates video games in the first place. Definitely makes it something not for the weak-minded.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

I hope this comes to Europe, in a future Hanabi Festival on the Virtual Console..

Gump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Gump

It's just nearly impossible to progress in this game. All the menus, phrases, dialogues are entirely written in japanese and actually understanding them is kind of blowing my mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.