Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tales of Graces F

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 13, 2012

An enhanced PlayStation 3 port of Namco Bandai's Wii JRPG, Tales of Graces. It is the sole version of the game released in North America.

A question about the tales series

rand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rand

i did buy the game when it was realesed in europe but have not opened it yet, but im planing to start playing this game soon

Question: is the tales series like Final fantasy in the way that eatch game is it own thing? like new place, characters and so on?

is there anything a new tales player should know?

thanks in advance

Meepasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Meepasaurus

It is fairly similar to Final Fantasy just as you described it. Apart from a few sequels and prequels, most of the games are standalone. There are a few recurring summon spirits, item names, themes, etc., but that's about it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Phatmac

It's like Final Fantasy as it has some recurring themes of war against rival nations and names that are common in the series like jelly and arts. There are sequels to certain games, but most Tales games have new characters and a new story. I didn't much care for Graces F and I recommend you get a copy of Tales of Vesperia as it is my favorite Tales game.

neurotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By neurotic

@Rand said:

Question: is the tales series like Final fantasy in the way that eatch game is it own thing? like new place, characters and so on?

Yup, pretty much. There are way more callbacks to old ones though than there are in FF games.

@Rand said:

is there anything a new tales player should know?

Tales of Vesperia is the best game in the series.

On a more serious note (although I am serious about Vesperia being the best one), choose one character you want to control in battle and stick with him/her. Graces, more than Vesperia, has characters with unusual and difficult fighting styles. Sticking to Asbel (main dude) may help your cause.

Fight everything in your path, it's easy to become underpowered. Once you feel confident with the battle system, play around with the Strategy options, some harder boss fights become much less difficult if you do that.

Also, dualize (you'll know what that means eventually) lots and don't worry too much if you screw up.

Finally, Tales of Graces f has about a 2 hour introductory/tutorial period that is extremely tedious (similar to Persona 4) so I advise you to bear with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.