Terraria 1.1 Patch (and trailer)

#1 Edited by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

It was announced a few days ago but I thought I'll throw it up here since I don't see any inkling of activity here lately (Skyrim anyone?) But if anyone is still into Terraria then good news! There's a new patch with a tonne of added content coming in tomorrow on the 1st Decemeber.

The new update should add:

• 222 Items (Disco torches for all!)
  • 39 Monsters
  • 4 Bosses
  • 3 NPCs
  • 4 Armour Sets
  • 21 Accessories
  • Wiring (think of it as Terraria's equivalent to Minecraft's Redstone. Wiring allows creation of pumps and monster generators for example.)
  • Some visual and game play tweaks changes. (Female characters with matching armour sets are available.)

Edit: More info from the official forums here.

That's a lot of new content for a game I bought a while back and it's really refreshing to see the developers support this and better yet, it's not DLC. Who doesn't like free?

#2 Posted by Aishan (1011 posts) -

It might just encourage me to start a new game. Again.

You have to admire their commitment to the game, they've been adding so much new stuff since the original release, and it's mostly been great.

#3 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

can i actually connect to my brother's game now?

#4 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

@chrissedoff: I haven't read anything about connection issues but if I spot anything regarding it in the patch notes tomorrow I'll give you a buzz.

#5 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

Ace! I love Terraria! Hope people don't forget it on their Top games of the year lists (assuming they like it as much as me).

#6 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Cool. I was just thinking about this game the other day. Enjoyed it more than minecraft. Might start a new game myself once this is out. I hope they added 2x scaling so I can use higher resolutions.

#7 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@Aishan said:

It might just encourage me to start a new game. Again.

Yep, ditto. Haven't played it for months, will be fun to give it another go with this patch.

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Damn.....

#9 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -

It's been 3 months since I played Terraria and have been waiting for this update for way too long. It looks like another time sink for me.

#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

Man I haven't played this since it was new, I should take a look. Still the multiplayer was impossible to get running.

#11 Posted by misterhaan (227 posts) -

i just got terraria during the steam autumn sale, so it's cool to see such a big update already! it's probably due to not having played much yet, but i'm excited for being able to make glass walls so my windows no longer need to be just holes in my brick walls!

#12 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1357 posts) -

it would be awesome to start again but it was impossible to connect to friends games......but ill give it a go

#13 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Yes!

#14 Posted by Mikemcn (6959 posts) -

I can't for the life of me kill skeletron since the last Time i played Terraria you could spam Health potions, and I hate losing to him and then having to wait a full day to try again.

#15 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

This game is incredibly fun to play with friends.

#16 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Finally, new bosses. It may be time for me to jump back in. My pickaxe has gotten rusty.

#17 Edited by big_jon (5709 posts) -

Love this game, I lost focus though and stopped playing.

I was hoping for a Christmas theme.

#18 Posted by Sanity (1896 posts) -

@big_jon: Theres a Christmas update also planned, its coming around the 15th.

#19 Edited by DougQuaid (1273 posts) -

I haven't played since the summer and I wanted to fire the game up and see what was new, but for some reason my character is gone. It's still in my characters folder, but it just doesn't show up on the load screen. Anyone else have this problem?

**It looks like they just pushed out another update that fixes this issue.

#20 Posted by Poost (71 posts) -

Terraria is $2.50 on Steam right now. TWO FUCKING FIFTY. Great deal for a huge amount of content. Before any patch, I already had 40 or so hours into the game.

#21 Posted by dirkfunk (175 posts) -

@Poost said:

Terraria is $2.50 on Steam right now. TWO FUCKING FIFTY. Great deal for a huge amount of content. Before any patch, I already had 40 or so hours into the game.

This game was a good deal at $10. $2.50 is a great price for an amazing game.

I almost want to buy a few more copies of it for no apparent reason.

#22 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

@chrissedoff: I'm not sure if the new patch has solved your particular problem but either way they've fixed some multiplayer issues.

Any, I'm sure most people already know but here's the change log. Note that he hasn't mentioned everything (new content in particular) since the developers wanted to keep them as a surprise. So get crackin' people.

#23 Posted by Xeiphyer (5597 posts) -
@chrissedoff said:

That's all your fault, try forwarding the correct ports. If you guys are on the same internet you can connect to his local IP instead (Something like 192.168.X.X).
#24 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -

@Xeiphyer said:

@chrissedoff said:

That's all your fault, try forwarding the correct ports. If you guys are on the same internet you can connect to his local IP instead (Something like 192.168.X.X).

first of all, i'm doing exactly what you're supposed to do, so fuck you on that score. but even if the problem was me not forwarding ports properly, it still wouldn't be my fault because this game requires some arcane ass bullshit for playing online that could have easily been made more user-friendly if the developer was just a little bit less lazy

#25 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

It's a sidescroller and everything is SO SMALL, the items are fucking micro tiny, who the hell would play this over the 3D-world Minecraft?

#26 Posted by emergency (1193 posts) -

Excited for this, I haven't played since the initial month so I hope that at christmas time I can get back into it and discover its joys again.

#27 Posted by Cincaid (2953 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

It's a sidescroller and everything is SO SMALL, the items are fucking micro tiny, who the hell would play this over the 3D-world Minecraft?

Tried playing it in 1024x768 ?

Not everything looks amazing on crazy resolutions, this game in particular.

#28 Posted by Buscemi (1106 posts) -

I love it so far! After playing Minecraft for God knows how many hours, this'll be fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.