Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Binding of Isaac

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Sep 28, 2011

A twisted twin-stick shooter from one of the designers of Super Meat Boy. Players take control of Isaac, a young boy who delves deep into the dungeons of his basement as he is hunted by his deranged mother.

Is the update going to come out for pc?

Cubidog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cubidog1

I would hope so. After spending 200 hours S ranking this, I don't want to start over, having to unlock all the characters and items again. I would gladly pay for the update just like I payed for Wrath of the Lamb.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's not really an update. It's an entirely new game. It's a remake, sure, but it's still an entirely new game built on an entirely new engine by an entirely new developer. It'll probably come out on PC, but it'll be a separate release, not an update.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By circlenine

Have they said anything at all about the new 16bit themed version actually coming to PC, like even in passing/speculation, though? I hope it does but that as far as I know they haven't said anything about it.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

According to Edmund McMillen's Formspring, yes, it is also coming to PC, but it sounds like it will be a completely separate release, and not just a patch.

http://www.formspring.me/EdmundM/q/361338203208181390

Not that any of the major gaming news sites seem to be including that bit of information, leading to comments sections full of people angry at McMillen for "screwing the PC players".

deano546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By deano546

He's totally rewritten the game (the original was in Flash) so it wouldn't make sense to "patch" it.

When the basement collection came out, anybody who owned another game of his on steam got a discount, maybe he'll do something similar for the people who already own the original.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mysterysheep

@deano546: Yeah, at the end of this blog post he mentions putting in place some form of discount for people who have already bought the original version.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.