What enemy is your nemesis?

#1 Posted by Kierkegaard (592 posts) -

Got this and the DLC during the Steam sale. After way too many hours and 5 official mom kills, I'm hooked. I probably should have held off on the DLC, but I didn't assume additional content would make everything so much harder. Still, amazing game for basically no money.

What I want to know, from people who played it years ago or those just playing it now, is what enemy do you come across that just makes you groan? What enemy has tormented you consistently?

My list, it seems, stems almost entirely from WOTL. I guess that makes sense.

1. The base spiders. Their unpredictable movement and quickness makes them hard to manage in perfect conditions, and real hard when in large groups or on uneven, labyrinthine terrain.

2. The greed heads and the hanging duded, those bouncing or flying fuckers that steal gold and life with tripple shots. Grr.

3. Masks and Hearts. With the right upgrades and some speed, these aren't terrible, but they can be a real menace to my health. Also, that the hearts themselves shoot you is just mean.

There are more, but I want to see where other frustrations lie. Vox Populi?

#2 Posted by XTheGiftedGamerX (10 posts) -

Yes! I feel exactly the same way, except I also hate leapers and the hanged greed.

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Hanged greed destroys me every time.

#4 Posted by White_Silhouette (473 posts) -

Flaming Hopper was the one that used to rip me up the most. Then I ran in to the Mask & Heart. Hate those guys.

#5 Posted by Brodehouse (9951 posts) -

Nemesis.

In this game specifically its the guys who shoot four ways.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (11953 posts) -

Yep, those are all horrible D: Also, Leapers - they were probably my #1 cause of failed Dark Boy runs :(

Oh, and swarms of flies (swarming enemies are always a menace).

#7 Posted by EVO (3913 posts) -

Definitely Leapers.

#8 Posted by Ares42 (2674 posts) -

Trites (the bigger leaping spiders). Every fucking time they do these insanly fast lunges straight on me. And the headless horseman. For some reason I keep getting him really early before I have any real upgrades to deal with him.

Although thinking about it the biggest enemy is pits, or rather the rooms that more or less consists of single lanes. Doesn't really matter what enemy there is in there, unless you have great damage you're gonna get raped.

#9 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

Mini gurdy, no idea what its called, but he has a burst speed and is very hard to dodge!

#10 Posted by GunstarRed (5190 posts) -

Masks and Hearts... aghhhhh fuck those guys. Boss wise The Bloat or whatever he is called.

#11 Posted by SJSchmidt93 (4895 posts) -

Leapers.

And for some reason Gurdy has my number, too.

#12 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3872 posts) -

Leapers and anything spider related SUCKS.

#13 Posted by BeachThunder (11953 posts) -

@Sayishere said:

Mini gurdy, no idea what its called, but he has a burst speed and is very hard to dodge!

Ugh, yes, this too; they're both huge and unpredictable =( makes navigating Utero a nightmare.

#14 Posted by Smithers (46 posts) -

The giant Mask & Heart boss is freaking impossible if you aren't tooled up properly. But to Ares42's point, the moment where I spawn into a room stuck on a walkway with something rushing on me and realise that I've missed the split second window to get into a better position is my true nemesis.

#15 Posted by TheShoebox (29 posts) -

Keepers, Peep, Gazing Globins, and some of the time Doples.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.