Imperials or Stormcloaks?

• 152 results
#1 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

#2 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Who are you choosing to go with? Or maybe it's nobody at all. I haven't decided yet, though I'm leaning towards the Imperials

#3 Posted by BaneFireLord (2941 posts) -

I think they're both assholes at the moment, so I'm just going to ignore them until I do every other questline.

#4 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Neither! Both sides whine like a bunch of basketball wives, so it's better if they just kill each other without my interference.

#5 Posted by briangodsoe (487 posts) -

Neither. Krom wants nothing to do with the fascist executioners or the ignorant racists. Though I do make a point out of killing imperials and freeing their prisoners whenever I see them.

#6 Posted by Soffish (139 posts) -

Both sides are dicks, but I find the empire to be the lesser of two evils.

#7 Edited by Getz (3028 posts) -

If I could choose to help the Stormcloaks and then usurp Ulfric then I would totally do that, but as it stands neither side warrants any kind of loyalty on my part. Eventually I'll probably choose the Stormcloaks just to see how the story plays out but I won't like it!

#8 Posted by Rattle618 (1463 posts) -

I went with the Empire on this, my first playthrough. I made a redguard btw.

#9 Posted by CoverlessTech (746 posts) -

Saul Tigh was leading the empire so of course I went with them.

#10 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Imperials because going with the Stormcloaks puts the Thalmor in a higher place of power if the Emprie is pushed out.

#11 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Stormcloaks! Fight the man! Yeeeaaahhh.

#12 Posted by believer258 (11948 posts) -

They both seem far too much like assholes to me. It really comes down to "extreme racism vs. liberal use of the death penalty". Which one is worse?

#13 Posted by Pumpe (70 posts) -

The Queen might get her way because she doesnt sit in her throne like a silly teenager.

#14 Posted by JasonR86 (9714 posts) -

Imperials. Because you can always change laws (the religious outlaw...law) but you can't always changed fucked up beliefs (racism).

#15 Posted by TzarStefan (428 posts) -

Stormcloaks ofc. Talos ftw! i hate elves!

#16 Posted by project343 (2828 posts) -

Imperials: money to spare for the land, men to spare for the land, one ruling body, they aren't horribly racist.

That last point is all I need. The fact that the Stormcloaks practically spit on any non-Nord is enough to make me want to pillage and burn everything in Windhelm.

#17 Posted by ajamafalous (12007 posts) -

Stormcloaks are fucking assholes.

#18 Posted by themangalist (1737 posts) -

For all I know the Empire treats everyone better than the Roman empire which it is based on. Life has always been shit for the majority of people.

#19 Posted by UnrealDP (1223 posts) -

Talos is incredibly badass, but the Stormcloaks are also intolerable racists lead by a total dick, so I guess Imperials maybe.

#20 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

#21 Posted by MidgardDragon (152 posts) -

I'm a Nord, so Stormcloaks. Both sides are being stupid, but I'm willing to bet I'll find out that Ulfric wasn't quite so "shout and run" of a murderer as time goes on.

#22 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4824 posts) -

Stormcloaks. The way the Imperials just bent over for those gold-skinned pussies and dropped Talos irks me to no end. It's one thing to remove Talos from "official" worship, it's another to let the Thalmor stroll around Skyrim acting like a roving Spanish Inquisition.

And this is coming from a Bosmer. =\

#23 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Niala is a Kajit agent working to gain intelligence and cause confusion and mayhem within the Imperial ranks inside of the northern land of Skyrim. However, she has placed this mission on hold as she explores and understands what this Dragonborn prophecy concerns.

#24 Posted by Skyfire543 (697 posts) -

Hmm.....Tamriel Nazis vs. Assholes who kill any criminal just becuase they can...

Ninara the Dragonborn shall have nothing to do with these idiots!

#25 Edited by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Imperials. The more I learn of the backstory of the Great War and what is going on in the larger world the more I agree that Skyrim needs to stay a part of the Empire. Things have gone real rotten in the 200 years since the 3rd Era and things arn't good. That and the Nords incredible racism plus something you learn about Ulfric in the Thalmor Embassy...

In the Thalmor dossier on Ulfric you learn that he was captured during the Great War and turned to an informant. He's since broken off most ties but seems to still have some kind of contact with them. This fact alone leads me to want to crush the Stormcloaks for both being racists and traitors.
#26 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

Both sides are huge dicks. Considering that I've become stupidly overpowered and am friends with a small army of powerful guilds full of some pretty ill dudes, I feel like I should be able to take them both out and start my own empire. Then I'd murder everyone for fun because I'm an even bigger dick.

#27 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Neither because both sides have a lot of people that are assholes, but at the same time both sides have some very convincing arguments. If i had to choose, Stormcloacks.

#28 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Don't listen to everyone else in this thread. I'm the Dragonborn, the game even said so, and I choose Imperials!

Seriously though. The stormcloaks are just racist dicks.

#29 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

Either way you go, Thalmor win. At least with the stormcloaks there is a chance in the future to stop the thalmor.

#30 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I hate Ulfric and I think if Skyrim was independent, it would be too easy for the Thalmor to take over.

#31 Posted by Amphetama (35 posts) -

@CoverlessTech said:

God damn it I KNEW there was a really familiar voice actor in this game.

#32 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -

For a while I thought I would go with Stormcloaks because the imperials like to execute people and control religion, but then I walked into Windhelm and was smacked in the face with some racism. However, not all Stormcloaks seem to be total bigots--like that one guy who guides you through the beginning of the game--so right now I guess I'm still leaning towards them.

#33 Posted by Willin (1280 posts) -

@mandude: But the game said I'm Dragonborn. :(

#34 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Afroman269 said:

@ajamafalous said:

Why is that? I haven't been paying much attention to the game's political backstory
#35 Posted by Rusputin (75 posts) -

@CoverlessTech said:

This.

#36 Posted by Butano (1740 posts) -

Haven't decided yet, but I sure have fun killing me some Thalmor.

#37 Posted by Crocio (542 posts) -

A stormcloak victory is less favorable to the Thalmor, so that. The empire is now just a hollow shell of its former self.

#38 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

Imperials because Stormcloaks are racist against my character, Wood Elf's are people too!

#39 Posted by Homer39 (157 posts) -

I went with the Stormcloaks cause you get the same trophies either way. I just wish there was a way to kill Ulfric once everything is done.

#40 Posted by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

@Getz said:

If I could choose to help the Stormcloaks and then usurp Ulfric then I would totally do that, but as it stands neither side warrants any kind of loyalty on my part. Eventually I'll probably choose the Stormcloaks just to see how the story plays out but I won't like it!

Just help Ulfirc win then publicly execute him. That's what I plan to do.

Stormcloaks all the way. Imperials have extended their reach too far and conceded too much to the Thalmors. As a native-son of Skyrim, I'm gonna smoke them south-side fools.

#41 Posted by joshth (505 posts) -

I'll probably go Imperials beacause they certainly seem the lesser of two evils. However I wish I could help them AND get rid of the Thalmor.

On a side note I really want to start a new character now as a high elf, and then join the Stormcloaks. Just to mess with everyones minds...

#42 Posted by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

@Amphetama said:

@CoverlessTech said:

God damn it I KNEW there was a really familiar voice actor in this game.

"Is that Saul Tigh actor Canadian?" *Googles Saul Tigh* "Yup- Canadian"

I just recently watched the entire BSG series and didn't hear a Canadian accent from that dude, but always felt Tullius was on the verge of ending a sentence with "'eh?" throughout the opening execution scene.

#43 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1182 posts) -

@Crocio said:

A stormcloak victory is less favorable to the Thalmor, so that. The empire is now just a hollow shell of its former self.

#44 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -

Stormcloaks as much as i dislike their racism i have to help my nord brothers. Im like the robert e lee of skyrim.

#45 Posted by Milkman (16838 posts) -

For the Empire!

#46 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

@Willin: Oh well, this is awkward...

#47 Posted by Brodehouse (9965 posts) -

Hadvar apologized to me before the execution, said he'd make sure my corpse got sent back to High Rock. Seemed alright, so I followed him. From there it just seems like the game changed everything to make the Stormcloaks seem like insufferable assholes and the Imperials as people who just have to deal with it.

#48 Edited by PieGuy (313 posts) -

I'm a Nord and I feel obligated to be a Stormcloak, plus Talos is awesome. My issue is with their racism and I'm sceptical of Ulfrick's intentions.

Besides I can kill thalmor all day long and stay within role.

#49 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

I haven't really gotten involved with either yet. I'll take the tour one of these days and decide then.

#50 Posted by theguy (796 posts) -

Wow I really need to research the Thalmor

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.