Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

So this is starting to look very Wind Waker esque

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By FreakAche

Has anyone else seen the GameTrailers demo of this? Apparently the structure of the overworld involves flying around on bird mounts and visiting scattered islands. Also, the visuals seem to be a lot nicer looking than what they were at last year's e3, and it's safe to say that the charm of Wind Waker seems to be making a return. To me, this is a step in the right direction for the Zelda series, considering that Wind Waker was the last mind-blowingly good Zelda game.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The little sister reminded me a lot of Aryll too. Definitely very Wind Waker-ish and that's not a bad thing.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By onarum

I loved the exploration aspect of wind waker, this look like it will build upon that so color me interested.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ryanwho

The more its like WW, the better it'll be. So long as they properly finish it.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

If it's similar to Wind Waker, then I'm game.  Wind Waker is the best Zelda out there.  My opinion of course.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Toxin066

As long as there isn't a marathon sailing session at the end, I'm cool with that structure.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

Skyward looked good from what I had saw, but what interests me more now, is that tech demo looking Zelda game that they showed while showing off the Wii U.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Marz

Wind Waker was a pretty damn good game. 

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Kjellm87

It looked really nice.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Zippedbinders

Visually, its how I've always wanted to see a Zelda game, I'm really excited about it.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho
    @NTM said:
    Skyward looked good from what I had saw, but what interests me more now, is that tech demo looking Zelda game that they showed while showing off the Wii U.
    Im on the other end. Im hoping they're pulling another red herring and the real WiiU Zelda will look more like Wind Waker and have the tone of Majora's Mask. Cell shading on the WiiU would look so goddamn crisp, it needs to happen.
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By FreakAche
    @NTM said:
    I'm kind of questioning whether that's the actual direction they'll take Zelda on the WiiU though. Remember when Nintendo showed off that realistic Zelda tech demo for the GameCube and then surprised everyone a couple years later when they announced Wind Waker? I think this early in a system's development Nintendo likes to toy around with a bunch of ideas for their main franchises before deciding to stick with something.
    BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By BBQBram

Wind Waker is my favourite Zelda game so yes, I am excited for this. The blending of classic Zelda visual style with Wind Waker's color and vibrancy is just right for me. The bird looks awesome, and as I understood it from the Gametrailers live demo, there will be Wind Waker style exploration of islands above the clouds, and a full-size Hyrule will be beneath it! Best of both worlds, in my opinion. Combine that with the deeper core combat that finally uses the Wii's (well, Wii Motion+) potential to the fullest in a hardcore game, a slick new pointer-enabled interface and all the talk of breaking up the traditional dungeon structures and you've got great potential for a classic Zelda game.

All it needs now is the heart Wind Waker had in it's plot, world and character designs. If it has even a sliver of WW's atmosphere as well as all of the above, this could very well become my favourite Zelda game.

fr0sterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By fr0sterson

"wind waker esque"

thank you jesus!

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Zippedbinders
    @ryanwho said:
    @NTM said:
    Im on the other end. Im hoping they're pulling another red herring and the real WiiU Zelda will look more like Wind Waker and have the tone of Majora's Mask. Cell shading on the WiiU would look so goddamn crisp, it needs to happen.
    I gotta say, its really refreshing (if odd) to see you not being cynical about something or condescending to someone. But I completely agree, the possibilities of where they could push WindWaker's visual style with vastly superior hardware sounds amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.