Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 18, 2011

Link descends from his floating continent home to explore the dark and dangerous world below with the help of a magical sword, in this Wii installment of the Legend of Zelda series.

Zelda Wii Trailer In Production (Rumour)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

A recent rumour suggests that Nintendo are preparing footage for their hotly anticipated Wii entry into the Legend of Zelda franchise.  According to Infendo, an insider claims that a trailer is in production which will shed light on the teaser image of a Swordless Link from last E3. 

As with any such rumour this has to be taken with a pinch of salt, however, It is worth bearing in mind that the October conferences of the past have shown major announcements, including Sonic's presence in Smash Brothers, Sin and Punishment 2, as well as the introduction of the DSi.   

[LAME]

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I read about this somewhere else.  I guess we will find out if it's true or not.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Black_Rose

Considering the announcements at the last one I wouldn't be surprised if they do it. However, this seems like the kind of thing they would save for E3.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

It would not surprise me if there was truth to this, what with them not appearing at TGS.  

I hope the trailer shows how key Motion Plus will be. I don't care about the story.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

So Infendo needed hits eh? Cool, cool. Hope it works out for them. After all, they have a 50% chance to be right, and if they're not right they can claim the same insider source (which they don't even specify where from) said they weren't 100% satisfied and will postpone the unveiling. If they end up being right, woah, they called it a month earlier than anybody else, reliability boost +100! Worth the minimal risk (if any) for sure, ey?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " It would not surprise me if there was truth to this, what with them not appearing at TGS.    I hope the trailer shows how key Motion Plus will be. I don't care about the story. "
    I hope the trailer shows how key Motion Plus won't be. Seriously, the Zelda games don't need waggle. What they need is a second analogue stick.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Sucks to be you then if you honestly expect/wish that, after the numerous talks of Zelda + Motion Plus. Lol. No wonder N doesn't care for "cores".

And to think you claimed to like Nintendo in that other thread, now you basically don't want their primary push for the generation (motion)? Meh... Calling it waggle on top of that, lol. It doesn't matter if third parties don't make good use of it (though Red Steel 2 shows how it could work in a good "core" game, even if it doesn't end up being one of those itself) but Nintendo can certainly pull it off regardless. Wii Sports Resort is a good indication as many elements could carry over. Anyway, they seemed to WANT to use it and said that only if Motion Plus sold badly they would perhaps not use it for Zelda and, unfortunately for you, it's been selling GREAT. Move on to the next franchise you care about, Zelda isn't it now :-)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Icemael said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

" It would not surprise me if there was truth to this, what with them not appearing at TGS.    I hope the trailer shows how key Motion Plus will be. I don't care about the story. "
    I hope the trailer shows how key Motion Plus won't be. Seriously, the Zelda games don't need waggle. What they need is a second analogue stick. "

What has Motion Plus got to do with waggle, in your mind?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icemael
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Icemael said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

I hope the trailer shows how key Motion Plus won't be. Seriously, the Zelda games don't need waggle. What they need is a second analogue stick. "
      What has Motion Plus got to do with waggle, in your mind?  ... "
    Motion control can be done well(Zack & Wiki is a good example), but waggling to attack is not my idea of fun. I'm sure they'll get it right at places, but I'm also sure they'll include in ways that are incredibly lame. The 3D Zelda games do not need motion control. What they need is a second analogue stick, for camera control. Instead of wasting their time on motion control, they should improve the camera and include a Classic Controller with each copy of the game.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By JonathanMoore

Wow, rumors about nothing more than a trailer? saying that I'm not surprised, I'm sure people shat it when it was announced, so why not when a Trailer is rumored.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#11  Edited By ArbitraryWater

You know it's a Zelda game when people are scrounging rumors of a trailer.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ryanwho
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    " You know it's a Zelda game when people are scrounging rumors of a trailer. "
    I was thinking that too. Like really? Not a thread with a trailer, a thread with a teaser pic about a rumor of an upcoming trailer. Did they announce a release date for when they're going to announce the release date of the trailer?
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Willy105

Can't wait till Spaceworld! Zelda has gotten a very big reputation for very very very good trailers. If this trailer doesn't meet those standards, then it's success may be in limbo.

@Icemael said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

The less buttons and analog sticks used, the better.

@ryanwho said:
    " @ArbitraryWater said:
    " You know it's a Zelda game when people are scrounging rumors of a trailer. "
    I was thinking that too. Like really? Not a thread with a trailer, a thread with a teaser pic about a rumor of an upcoming trailer. Did they announce a release date for when they're going to announce the release date of the trailer? "

They did that for Twilight Princess (and the Wii).
    RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By RichardLOlson

Hopefully it will better then the twilight princess.  I like it, don't get me wrong, but I just thought it could have been a little bit longer and more in depth.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Scooper

I'm actualy quite excited for a new Zelda game. I am annoyed though as if it's only on the Wii I won't be able to play it and it'll be the first time I've missed a proper console Zelda since four swords but I didn't play that out of choice.

Still, Zelda is now Nintendo's last real link to old fans so they should do something cool. I'm excited for a trailer anyway :P

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r
    @Icemael said:
    Motion control can be done well(Zack & Wiki is a good example), but waggling to attack is not my idea of fun. I'm sure they'll get it right at places, but I'm also sure they'll include in ways that are incredibly lame. The 3D Zelda games do not need motion control. What they need is a second analogue stick, for camera control. Instead of wasting their time on motion control, they should improve the camera and include a Classic Controller with each copy of the game.
    Thank God Nintendo doesn't listen to stuff like that :-)

And:

@Al3xand3r said:
    Sucks to be you then if you honestly expect/wish that, after the numerous talks of Zelda + Motion Plus. Lol. No wonder N doesn't care for "cores".

And to think you claimed to like Nintendo in that other thread, now you basically don't want their primary push for the generation (motion)? Meh... Calling it waggle on top of that, lol. It doesn't matter if third parties don't make good use of it (though Red Steel 2 shows how it could work in a good "core" game, even if it doesn't end up being one of those itself) but Nintendo can certainly pull it off regardless. Wii Sports Resort is a good indication as many elements could carry over. Anyway, they seemed to WANT to use it and said that only if Motion Plus sold badly they would perhaps not use it for Zelda and, unfortunately for you, it's been selling GREAT. Move on to the next franchise you care about, Zelda isn't it now :-)
    So there :-)
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Icemael
    @Al3xand3r: @Al3xand3r said:

" @Icemael said:

Thank God Nintendo doesn't listen to stuff like that :-)"
    Yeah, thank God for bad camera control. Hooray!

@Al3xand3r said:
    " Sucks to be you then if you honestly expect/wish that, after the numerous talks of Zelda + Motion Plus. Lol. No wonder N doesn't care for "cores".

And to think you claimed to like Nintendo in that other thread, now you basically don't want their primary push for the generation (motion)? Meh... Calling it waggle on top of that, lol. It doesn't matter if third parties don't make good use of it (though Red Steel 2 shows how it could work in a good "core" game, even if it doesn't end up being one of those itself) but Nintendo can certainly pull it off regardless. Wii Sports Resort is a good indication as many elements could carry over. Anyway, they seemed to WANT to use it and said that only if Motion Plus sold badly they would perhaps not use it for Zelda and, unfortunately for you, it's been selling GREAT. Move on to the next franchise you care about, Zelda isn't it now :-) "
    Oh noes, someone doesn't like one of the features Nintendo puts in some of their games. It's obvious that he hates Nintendo... I mean, if he's not keen on motion control, he couldn't possibly like any of Nintendo's games. I thought I liked Metroid, Pokemon, Mario and Zelda, but you've made me realize that I don't. I've been living a lie. *sob*

As I said, motion control can be done well. I'm sure there'll be some puzzles in the game that use it in clever ways, but waggling to swing my sword? That's just fucking stupid(And you know they're gonna include some other stupid motion crap like that, just for the hell of it).
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

Link should stay on the Super Nintendo, where he was a god.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Claude

Twilight Princess was my second favorite Zelda game. Majora's Mask is my favorite so far. I loved the motion controls on the Wii for what it's worth.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By ThomasP

The quiet before the storm.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Linkyshinks

A new Zelda trailer is supposedly imminent, whether it's a Spirit Tracks trailer or a trailer for the upcoming Wii game is unknown right now, what I do know is that it's supposedly "sweet!".

No Caption Provided

EDIT: 

" Ha ha ha ha ha. Just jivin' about the Zelda trailer. Hey look! Square Enix's Cocoon model is still here!" - Anoop Gantayat 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Al3xand3r

More infoz plx. Probably Spirit Tracks since it's getting released so soon yet is still very little hyped. Why would they showcase Zelda Wii now to take the thunder off it and impress people with something they can't have for a long time more? Then again, who knows...

Grah, I hate you >:(

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Linkyshinks

All done! Nice little talk from Miyamoto! Sweet new Zelda trailer too!

It was a message on freelancer Anoop Gantayat Facebook page, he could well be joking. Is "jiving" a term used as another word for joking, because that's news to me...

It is probably Spirit Tracks...
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Al3xand3r

What i got from your edit (still hate you) is that it's from some Square Enix conference instead, and he was jivin, ie:
    3. Slang. deceptive, exaggerated, or meaningless talk: Don't give me any of that jive!
    So, yes, no Zelda trailer then >:(

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Bones8677

I wish it was a Sci-fi Zelda game. Now THAT would make me excited for a new Zelda game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#26  Edited By Hailinel
    @Bones8677 said:
    " I wish it was a Sci-fi Zelda game. Now THAT would make me excited for a new Zelda game. "
    Space Marine Link = DO NOT WANT
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " What i got from your edit (still hate you) is that it's from some Square Enix conference instead, and he was jivin, ie:3. Slang. deceptive, exaggerated, or meaningless talk: Don't give me any of that jive!So, yes, no Zelda trailer then >:( "

I had thought the term was used to describe 70's black American talk :)
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#28  Edited By Bones8677
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Bones8677 said:
    " I wish it was a Sci-fi Zelda game. Now THAT would make me excited for a new Zelda game. "
    Space Marine Link = DO NOT WANT "
    Nah nah nah, something like Sci-Fi fantasy....like DUNE!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.