Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead: Season Two

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Dec 17, 2013

After separating from her friend Lee, young orphan Clementine must survive through the undead apocalypse with a new roaming group of survivors in this sequel to Telltale's adaptation of the comic book of the same name.

Season 2 Episode 5 Decisions and thoughts. (spoilers)

• 132 results
    theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

@starvinggamer: Tho Arvo's sister had turned into a Zombie, what was she supposed to do?By now Arvo should have known that there is no cure from becoming a Walker. Yeah I get that Arvo was Angry, but considering that my Clem stood up for Arvo in about every situation, I think he should have realized that maybe Clem only killed her sister because there was no hope for her.

Plus shooting a kid in the shoulder when she clearly didn't fight back is kind of wrong.

Also, I hope I meet Bonnie and Mike again, so I can scold them and maybe put a bullet through their heads.

Avatar image for accidentalpancakes
    AccidentalPancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Plus shooting a kid in the shoulder when she clearly didn't fight back is kind of wrong.

Also, I hope I meet Bonnie and Mike again, so I can scold them and maybe put a bullet through their heads.

Yeah but then immediately after that during the Lee scene, he explains when Clem asked "Why did Lilly do that to Doug?" (basically asking as a parallel why Arvo shot her) and Lee says: "She was sad and that can make people angry sometimes (...) cause bad things happen to everyone and its hard to continue being yourself after they do." Also if you choose the right option, Lee says that he himself got like that once. Its a very subtle point that I really liked a lot.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

Yeah but then immediately after that during the Lee scene, he explains when Clem asked "Why did Lilly do that to Doug?" (basically asking as a parallel why Arvo shot her) and Lee says: "She was sad and that can make people angry sometimes (...) cause bad things happen to everyone and its hard to continue being yourself after they do." Also if you choose the right option, Lee says that he himself got like that once. Its a very subtle point that I really liked a lot.

Lee said the same thing to me in my storyline, but I thought it was more of a parallel to Kenny rather than Arvo. Good point though. Just saying that it pissed me off, considering that she gave no reason for Arvo to shoot her.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@theacidskull said:

Haha your post just reminded me that Doug was an option. Totally forgot about that dude!

nomaxfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really disliked this episode to the point where i don't really plan on playing the next season if it continues to belike this.

Everything felt half assed and contrived.

-The mexican standoff against several guys with automatic rifles where not a single member of your party dies, and only one even gets hit, just barely though.

-being forced to have someone save the baby that was laying in a relatively decent spot to avoid being shot in the first place.

-the ice field where it was clear from the beginning that someone would die there, and that the only purpose of it was that they get a chance to make me feel sad.

-Clem being asked to work on the car right after almost freezing to death. Give the girl some time to recover. I know you want to drive the plot forward but , jeez....

-The russian guy shooting me, despite me always trying to help him along and be pretty much as nice to him as i could be. Why would they give him a gun in the first place? Jesus Christ...

-Grown guy getting shot in the leg? Having to be looked after and helped along. 12 year old girl getting shot through the chest/shoulder? Sleep it off for a couple of hours without any medical attention, it'll be fine, it's just a broken and possibly splintered scapula because the bullet apparently went right through the body. Doesn't matter, we can't have the plot stop for this! We need to keep going, our runtime doesn't allow for a slowdown !

-Why is everyone a fucking retard?! I could have picked the most childish and dickish responses i could with clementine and i still would have sounded like the most mature of the whole group. I never wished so much for an option to just say "fuck it , i'm traveling alone. All you guys are idiots." (and thankfully there was, even if it was way too late for my taste) It really felt like they needed conflict for conflicts sake, not because it made sense.

-the hidden baby thing felt super obvious in the way she looked and behaved. I just didn't even care about either Jane or Kenny at the end because all characters just were completely out of whack at this point.

I don't know... it felt like an awful episode where i threw my hands up in defeat every 10 minutes because of something stupid happening, because telltale had to figure out a way to get from where they left off last episode to the end of the season while getting rid of all characters at all cost to start fresh next season . So...yeah... next season they really have some convincing to do for me to buy it.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#56  Edited By Yummylee

Fucking Hell... I don't think there's been a game out there to make me feel this genuinely down at the end. Just... Fuck.

Protected the baby

Didn't even realise this was a choice really; just went with the first interactable action that was shown on screen.

I didn't help Luke

That I didn't see coming... with the way he kept telling me to provide cover-fire instead, I opted to go with that option. I figured rushing would only break the ice or the more and would also allow the zombies to get in on the action as well. Had fucking Bonnie not rushed in maybe... I also continually smashed as the glass hoping I could get to him in time, but he still died and then Clem fell into the water.

Didn't ask to leave with Mike

I can see where they're coming from... but man, fuck those guys. And fuck Arvo especially, that slimy cunt. I went to them with my gun already pointed at 'em both and then called for Kenny and Jane.

Shot Kenny

I let them scrap it out, manipulating the fight in the loser's favour whenever one got the upper hand, trying to act as a mediator and not have them both killing each other. Then when I picked up the gun I took the coward's way out and let Kenny kill Jane... and then I shot Kenny. He was just so bloody broken already, that after all this--and not to mention his wounds from his fight with Jane--and it felt like I was doing the guy a favour at this point. But goddamn... I instantly regretted the decision all the same.

And then AJ turns out to be alive... real fucking manipulative of Jane to do that. I know that she was trying to show Clem Kenny's ''true nature'', but for fuck sake how else would you expect anyone to react when you've planted the idea that you just killed a baby?

Clem is alone with AJ

I do at least like the look of Clem's determination to continue onward and raise AJ herself. What a brilliant character, and her arc has made for a much more interesting one than Lee's. Still... fucking depressing to think back to it all. Man.

Overall I still continue to love Telltale's work, and TWD: Season 2 was no exception. This was also a more... well, I don't even know how to put it, but I think it was a better finale than TWoU's final episode in any case. TWD: Season 3 will once again be an instant-buy. I wonder if they'll continue on with Clementine, because from the sound of things the endings can actually vary quite dramatically it seems for this one.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shot Kenny. I didn't want to, but he was losing it. When he and Clem were in the car, he said, completely out of context "I outta hit you". Also, when he was beating up Alvo and I tried to stop him, he turned and said "What, so you've lost your taste for this?" (I watched Carver die.) I left Jane because she was no better than Kenny. Hiding a baby just to have an excuse to kill Kenny was wrong. I thought it was a pretty good last episode to make up for what I thought was a kind of boring 4th episode. After all of this I'd have to say that I preferred season 1, because in this season as a whole it seemed characters did completely moronic things just to justify some conflict or choice. I'm still impressed tough and will buy whatever Telltale puts out next.

Avatar image for accidentalpancakes
    AccidentalPancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha your post just reminded me that Doug was an option. Totally forgot about that dude!

haha yeah, I didn't pick him. But the youtube video that I consulted to get the correct quoting apparently did. Who picks Doug? The semi-flirting between Carly and Lee through those couple of episodes makes that shooting scene that much more impactful.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft said:

haha yeah, I didn't pick him. But the youtube video that I consulted to get the correct quoting apparently did. Who picks Doug? The semi-flirting between Carly and Lee through those couple of episodes makes that shooting scene that much more impactful.

I know right! Doug is lammmmme with a capital "L".

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Lets see you didn't kill Kenny( I just left him after he killed Jane), do you think he'd come back for season 3?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By crithon

- Protected the baby

- let luke die in the ice, I couldn't risk cracking the ice any more

- When Mike and Arvo where leaving I screamed for help

- shot kenny, there isn't really an arch for kenny just more and more crapped piled onto him and him making poorer and poorer choices even if he was a friend I wanted him to at least have an character arch.

- I ended with Jane and AJ at the super market. There's a lot of honesty with Jane, someone who won't lie to me but also be like a sister.

I honestly enjoyed more dialog then action set pieces. The controls of the games haven't been the most famous, but also this works at just building these characters. Jane could betray you just as much as Kenny but kenny just feels like he needed to be put down because he kept making bad mistake after bad mistake. Even when he says "we should go nother." My reaction was "You also said we should go on a boat south." But I enjoyed the bonding with Jane more, something I never seen before, two sisters.

And damn, Arvo, wanted to see some good in him but none. He just fucked himself over by shooting clem. And the big surprise Lee's flashback was amazing.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Argh, I'm in pieces after shooting Kenny. That was the single most devastating choice I've made in a Telltale game. When he told me I made the right choice I had to pause and sit for a minute. I then proceeded to leave Jane behind after finding out the baby was alive. I couldn't stand to be around her.

Overall, despite having some issues with episode 4 of this series, I think this was a strong sequel to the previous season. Might not top it, but it's damn good. Between this and The Wolf Among Us, Telltale is having a good year.

DinosaurCanada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#63  Edited By DinosaurCanada

This episode still didn't make the season as a whole feel super congruent, but that stands as one of my favorite episodes in the whole series and definitely the best of the season in my opinion. It felt like there was way more thought put into the dialogue and basically everything else. That Lee scene though. Good season, still great series.

First time through, I felt guilt for shooting Kenny while he was on top of Jane. Why did I do that? I was totally on #TeamKenny this entire season, what's wrong with me? Left Jane anyway, the lunatic. I immediately played another ending, and it felt rather different from the other, which is nice. I liked the Wellington one much better so I'm going to stay with it shhh don't tell anyone.

Choices:

• Scurried to the baby. It is a baby.
    • Tried to go for Luke. Don't know why, but what a brutal scene under water.
    • Told Mike to fuck off.
    • Shot Kenny the first time, didn't the second time. I almost let the game pick for me, I was frozen solid.
    • Was alone with AJ in the field first time, with AJ at Wellington the second time.

What about Clem's bullet wound though? A clean shot through the shoulder is like "whatever it's fine"? What? Maybe it was like a BB gun or something? Why would they have that? How would it pierce a shoulder? Maybe being exposed to extreme temperatures triggered her immunity?

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Pierre42

So yeah beat the game...guess I'll some up the choices.

Protect the Baby!: Obviously, surprised it was so 'even' in the decision making process. Just seems natural, especially given how episode 4 the last choice you make is essentially the same to protect the baby.

Cover Luke: If I'd went any closer I'd bring us both down, he wasn't in a particularly bad position so long as the Walkers were away from them so I gunned them down. In fact if it hadn't been for Bonnie going in close to pull him up then I reckon he'd have been ok getting out there. In an ideal world I'd have called for him to slide me the AK so it's less weight and we could better keep the Walkers away but eh. In fact in hindsight how dare Bonnie say "It's your fault" when we were freezing in front of the fire because I didn't go to help him. Hell she herself saw what happened when you went to help him arguably made it worse.

Didn't leave with Mike: I was so furious with them when I saw them doing that. Throughout the entire thing I knew Arvo was only out for himself. He rejected our sympathy at every turn, sure Kenny was beating on him pretty bad but lets not forget this guy actively set us up to get ambushed. Lord knows how many others they've done it to. For all the sympathy Mike was getting him I knew Arvo wouldn't hold back if he had a chance to rebel. Then he goes ahead and shoots me, I don't really blame him, I just regret not using the "gun" option on him first. I opted to talk first, maybe they'd see sense. The MAJOR villain in this scene for me, is Bonnie. Mike at least tried to make a persuasive attempt to get me to go with, he tried to be diplomatic and disarm me. Bonnie is just at his shoulder, not even a word to me going "Let's go!" The hell Bonnie?! We've gotten all alright before why can't you see how dumb this is? And to agree with some of the other people here: Why not ask Clementine to go with you? Didn't she pretty much bust you out of Carver's place? I called for Kenny and Jane as soon as I got the chance, only disappointment is I didn't get to see what happened to those guys.

Looked Away and let Kenny stabJane: I knew the moment Jane dropped the 'wounded' act and settled down to say "Just watch him" that something horrific was up. I didn't know what, but whatever it was it was awful. At worst I'd considered she'd just tossed the baby, she'd made it clear she wasn't fond of massive liabilities and it seemed like getting lost in a blizzard would be a convenient opportunity to lose the baby. I was even more baffled when she didn't offer any real explanation to Kenny, she made it clear she was looking for the fight. I thought maybe she wanted to prove he's a monster by saying she got in some trouble with a Walker and dropped AJ and couldn't find him or some reasonable excuse but she just drew her knife and was looking to fight. She only wanted one thing from the group: Clem. She wanted to use AJ's death to drive a wedge between Kenny and Clem. Also leaving a crying baby in a car in a blizzard surrounded by zombies? When you have no idea whether you'll make it back alive to retrieve the baby? It's just as likely Kenny and Clem could never hear AJ or that Zombies could have heard AJ first. It's a psychotic plan! Hell perhaps she was hoping AJ would snuff it thinking she could talk Clem round afterwards that she never meant for it to happen. I don't know, either way if she hadn't done that they could have went on to Wellington together. The only reason anyone had to be sacrificed at the end is because of Jane's convoluted machinations. I thought she was cool before that but this episode really really makes me hate her for what she did. Way I see it she's just as bad as Kenny for getting attached to things, at least Kenny does things for the right reasons. Also as an aside, credit to Kenny for being overly wounded and still winning a fight against a younger spryer combatant. Kenny's tough but the season has always shown Jane as a born survivor. Disappointed there wasn't an option to shoot Jane myself.

I left Kenny for Wellington: I love Kenny and it was tragic how it happened but it's what he wanted. AJ wouldn't have had a chance of being raised in the wilds like that, sooner or later something would have happened to the kid. The only chance of a stable home and a future for the kid is in Wellington. I almost laughed and started crying when Kenny took off his hat to give to AJ. I almost feel guilty knowing so many people left with Kenny in the wilds but I just couldn't, it's not a good choice for AJ and it defies Kenny's last wishes. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny just ate his own gun once the credits were rolling but Kenny did the right thing.

The Walking Dead: Actually Kenny's story all along.

He really got some FANTASTIC moments in this. I found myself choking up as we talked about Duck and Katjaa back then. Then we talked about Lee....then you get the flashback to season one and...well I was just so happy seeing Lee again. Didn't realise how much I missed him. I'm going to miss that guy. Still a good season, though I imagine I'll clash with a few of my friends who betrayed Kenny in the end.

Godspeed Kenny, I hope you are doing alright wherever you are.

Gildermershina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good lord I made the worst choices under pressure in this episode.

I protected the Baby - Because, you know.

I Covered Luke - I really wanted to try to save him, but I panicked and I figured getting closer would just have broken the ice anyway. Then I panicked and tried to smash the ice, but I knew it was futile. Oh, and fuck you Bonnie for putting that on me later on.

I didn't ask to leave with Mike - Fuck you Mike, and Bonnie. Arvo, whatever, I get it.

I shot Kenny - I liked Kenny. I know he was kind of an asshole, but he was a survivor, and he was the only one left who I thought really understood Clementine. I was really torn during the fight, but once he was on top of Jane there was a little moment when I figured that was the last straw, that he'd flipped and there was no way back. So I pulled the trigger. If I had had any idea the baby was still alive, I absolutely wouldn't have. Then Jane's like "oh yeah, the baby's fine." FUCK YOU JANE.

I am alone with the baby - This seems like the worst possible outcome, but given the choice, the only one I could take. Oh, you orchestrated me killing my friend to prove he was the crazy one? And now you want me to go with you? Sure! Oh hang on a minute, no, because you're a fucking PSYCHOPATH! I'm taking this baby I can't possibly keep alive as far away as possible from you.

Man, what a bleak, horrible ending. It wasn't as emotionally resonant for me as the first, but I enjoyed the darkness of it. Didn't really get much out of that Lee flashback though.

tactis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I ended up shooting Kenny and leaving Jane.

Here are my thoughts about season 2 in general since I played all 5 episodes over 3 days....

• Overall, I really didnt like the "this character is crazy for no reason" motif, I mean really did we have to have Carver, Jane and Kenny be insane/irrational all the time? The argument between Jane and Kenny in the car in epsiode 5 felt really stupid to me.
    • I still think it was mistake to play as a child, I felt like some of the choices could have been way darker if we played as an adult, i.e: shooting Mike/Arvo/Bonnie for leaving. But I will say I was extremely surprised that they pulled off all the crazy shit this season.
    • If there is a next season I kind of want it to go where the comics went, more political about established large groups of humans and greater conflicts. I feel like they have completely maxed out the "how are we going to survive today?" thing.
    • Overall, I am still a huge sucker for these types of games since I love story, I think they did a great job in season 2 but its not as mind blowing as season 1.
    MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played this season trying to make Clem as big a badass as possible. As I watched that ending of her alone with AJ walk into a herd, I knew I had succeeded.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#68  Edited By StarvingGamer

@yummylee said:

I know that she was trying to show Clem Kenny's ''true nature'', but for fuck sake how else would you expect anyone to react when you've planted the idea that you just killed a baby?

Wait, what? Why would he assume that Jane killed the baby? Why the fuck would anyone assume that?

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:

I know that she was trying to show Clem Kenny's ''true nature'', but for fuck sake how else would you expect anyone to react when you've planted the idea that you just killed a baby?

Wait, what? Why would he assume that Jane killed the baby? Why the fuck would anyone assume that?

Because she gave no explanation and and purposefully played a role to fight Kenny.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

Because she gave no explanation and and purposefully played a role to fight Kenny.

He didn't give her a chance to explain. If that's honestly the first conclusion he came to then I'm extra not sorry for shooting him.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#71  Edited By Yummylee

@starvinggamer said:

@theacidskull said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

He didn't give her a chance to explain. If that's honestly the first conclusion he came to then I'm extra not sorry for shooting him.

She never answered him nor Clementine, whom also assumed she killed the baby judging by her reactionary dialogue choices, and was also all weepy so as if to set up the scenario that she had to sacrifice the baby/lost it or something to escape. Jane knew what she was doing and knew exactly what conclusion Kenny would jump to and how he'd react, likely so she would then feel better in killing him as it'll be in self-defence.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

No, there was a considerable amount of time for her to just tell him what happened, but the fact that she ONLY said it was an accident and the just told Kenny that she wouldn't back down means that it was her fault in every single way. Also, she COULD have said during the fight that the baby was still alive, she had already proven a point so why keep fighting? She just wanted to kill Kenny, and that's the end of it really.

Also who the fuck hides a baby in car during a blizzard when a zombie herd is on the lose? I'm so glad I didn't shoot Kenny.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Pierre42

@starvinggamer said:

@theacidskull said:

@starvinggamer said:

@yummylee said:

"AJ is still alive!" That's all it would have took, they squared off several times in that fight. For example when you are given the option to get between them and plead with them to stop she insists that she continues.

Kenny says afterwards if you spare him : "It was me or her Clem, she was tryin' to kill me too. If hadn't lied about Alvin here, it wouldn't have went that far."

"She was nuts Clem, a disturbed person with their own agenda looking out for herself."

"Hey listen, I didn't want that to happen either. I thought she'd killed Alvie Clem. And at any point she could've stopped what was happening by saying he was fine. She wanted a fight."

Jane's mad, she's a more calculating mad than Kenny is, but she only wanted one thing from the group really and that was Clem.

I see some people saying "Well once Kenny got on top of her I knew he was going to kill her and had to stop him" but fact is they were both trying to kill each other, hell if she'd got a little closer on that slice to his stomach earlier she'd have disembowelled him. By that point it wasn't Kenny alone being crazy. I don't know what Jane was thinking that she didn't claim AJ was still alive when Kenny was putting a knife to her neck...well I have my suspicions. I think based on how she is pleading with Clem at that point that she was hoping Clem would kill him for her all along because she knows if she exposed the Alvin deception she'd probably lose Clem for good at that point.

Jabbawocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 16

@vessel28: I imagine that if Season 3 does have any continuation with the last two seasons, because I partially suspect that we will be dealt a fresh character to play as, anything carrying over will be minimal. So at best Kenny makes a cameo in Season 3 but he won't be a major player because that would require to create two complete alternatives to the situation.

Just think of when characters have lived in previous situations where is was possible for them to die. They became marginalised in the story or are killed regardless later on.

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By papercut

Saved Baby. - Who didn't

Covered Luke. - That ice was going to break.

Asked to Leave. - NOW HEAR ME OUT...

I ASSUMED that IF they said ok I might be able to get AJ and Jane to come along. They really just wanted to get away from Kenny. Ever since episode 4 I've been all about cutting Kenny loose. That guys crazy. Maybe even Krazy™.

I Killed Kenny

No Caption Provided

Stayed with Jane. - This was the hardest choice for me. I as a person, not Clem. Me. I found myself agreeing with Jane's philosophy most of the time. It probably has to do with the fact that as a video game player we are to some degree removed from the characters and actions on screen and Jane is super detached. Episode 4 she seemed like an absolutely logical and reliable person. Then in 5, she starts to show that MAYBE she has some trust issues and is a little off kilter. In the end what she did with AJ was so divisive for me.

Do I think she should of hid a baby from an emotionally shattered cyclops to prove to a 11-year-old girl that people can't be trusted? Absolutely not, but people need to remember what was going on right before that. Kenny and Jane were at each others necks in the truck before the traffic jam. It was going to go down at some point. It wasn't like we were going to coexist together somehow. Jane was just speeding up the process. It's a heartless completely detached way of going about it but I couldn't help but feel like she did the right thing somehow. Like she was stopping something worse from happening in the future. Clementine morally shouldn't of agreed to stick with her but dammit if she wasn't right that Kenny was insane and she's the best chance Clem has. Kenny was nothing but danger and Jane is the safer choice and I realize this all just sounds like the ramblings of someone trying to justify the wrong thing they did but what am I suppose to do there is no clean way to wrap this shit up. FUCK.

Some random thoughts.

• So Christa was a thing...guess we'll never find out about that. I'm okay with that. If everything was adressed it would be too inorganic.
    • I don't know if it was because I was expecting it from day 1 but the Clem and Lee scene was a little flat for me. It was nice but I just didn't get the "Oh yay Lee!" reaction you would expect.
    • THE MOST IMPORTANT LINE I made in the entire series for me happened in the car when it was just me and Kenny. When Kenny is talking about what Lee and everyone had to go through just to save Clementine and keep her alive, I had her say something along the lines "maybe they shouldn't have saved me." This was so powerful to me and I can't quite put it into words. I was wondering what anyone else thought about it?
    • Also, What happens if you go out alone in the end?
    • I get everyone being about Arvo is a piece of shit and all, but HOLY SHIT Bonnie is terrible. She is the most untrustworthy and slithery character in the entire series. She starts off with Dee and Leland, kills Dee and tries to stay with Leland, ends up with the 400 days crew, is the only one of those characters that has to jump ship to Carver's camp, betrays Carver to join you, and the betrays you to run off with Mike and Arvo. Seriously fuck her.
    • It took me some time to process it but if you end the series with Clem at Howe's with Jane and the family, the little kid complements Clem on her hat. That way the series is bookended with Clem coming across kids showing an interest in her hat. Nice.

Overall I "enjoyed" season 2 but I don't think it came anywhere close to the first. I don't know what I would want out of a season 3 if there is even going to be one. All I know is I want to curl up in a ball now and try not to think about sad things.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pierre42

Absolutely not, but people need to remember what was going on right before that.

I remember...I remember both of them going at each other, Jane saying some things that were WAY out of line and completely unfounded about Kenny and his family. Then I remember the car spinning out of control and the first thing that happens immediately afterwards:

Kenny (with concern to Jane): Are you ok?!

Kenny pulls it together really quickly, he was never a threat to Clementine

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By StarvingGamer

@pierre42: @theacidskull: @yummylee: Giving someone a chance to explain isn't yelling at someone for a few seconds then trying to murder them, at least not in my book.

EDIT: Even Jane didn't think he was so far gone that he would go from 0 to murder like that. If she did she never would have sheathed the knife. But once it was clear how far gone he was, she resolved to kill him. Yeah, shitty and manipulative, but Kenny was way worse than Jane at that point.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierre42: @theacidskull: @yummylee: Giving someone a chance to explain isn't yelling at someone for a few seconds then trying to murder them, at least not in my book.

That's not how the scene worked out. Kenny was emotionally wrecked, and when Kenny accused her of killing the Baby she didn't defend herself, just said that it was an accident and didn't show an ounce of remorse. AT ANY single time she could have yelled that the baby was still alive, she wanted an excuse to kill Kenny, and that's why I let her die.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@starvinggamer said:

That's not how the scene worked out. Kenny was emotionally wrecked, and when Kenny accused her of killing the Baby she didn't defend herself, just said that it was an accident and didn't show an ounce of remorse. AT ANY single time she could have yelled that the baby was still alive, she wanted an excuse to kill Kenny, and that's why I let her die.

Kenny was on the edge already and she knew that and still tricked him in to rage, unnecessary conflict just to prove a point. Kenny's like this because of shit like this. As much as I liked Jane, toying with someone's feelings and sanity isn't acceptable. That said, Kenny keeps on testing my patience and ended up getting a dozen second chances.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By pcorb

Saved the baby.

Tried to help Luke.

Didn't ask to leave.

I didn't shoot Kenny. I found it pretty easy to guess what Jane was planning, and let her live (well, die) with the consequences. Kenny was an emotional wreck for good reasons, and goading him to make a dumb point was totally unnecessary. It's a shame, I thought Jane was pretty decent up until that point.

Then I found Wellington with Kenny and AJ, and we were told to get lost, but Kenny convinced them to take the kids. I found the decision of whether to stay in Wellington or leave with Kenny really difficult, but in the end I didn't want the whole journey north to have been for nothing, and realistically I don't think it's reasonable to think AJ and Clem would survive long with Kenny considering the state he was in. It was real sad seeing him walk off alone though.

Also fuck Arvo, Jesus Christ, I don't see how you were supposed to think he was anything but a piece of shit.

Heycalvero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Heycalvero

Shooting Kenny was the hardest decision to take of all that I took in both seasons. I was on Team Kenny since all the way in the beginning of the first season. I stood by him throughout this season.

The message behind this season's story became clear to me in this episode (at least my interpretation of it anyway), and it was to believe that good people do bad shit. Never give up on your people, even when they're all the way in the darkness. That's what the absolutely beautiful scene with Lee was about.

And even then, I couldn't let Kenny go through with it. I couldn't let him kill a person like that. He was too down in the hole to not immediately blame Jane, and the fact that she set it up. I knew Jane was up to something, but I couldn't let him do it. And I regret this so fucking much. And then he says I did the right thing.

This is so tragic and to know now that we were so close to reaching our goal and I kept us from it makes it even more so. I never wanted so much to go back.

PS: Did anyone else have a bug with the decisions? Mine didn't show up and still aren't showing up on the menu.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

That's exactly how the scene worked out. She came in without the baby. Clem asked her whatever you told her to ask her. Jane, looking downcast and dejected says "He..." in a pained voice before training off. Yes, in retrospect she was acting, but she clearly was showing remorse in a way someone might if they accidentally lost a baby while struggling to survive zombies. Kenny then immediately runs off. The instant he returns, he doesn't try talking or listening or waiting for an explanation or anything. He shoves Clem out of the way and immediately takes a swing at Jane while accusing her of murder. She tells him she didn't kill him and Clem interjects and Kenny makes it clear he has no interest in anything Jane has to say, just like he never has any interest in what anyone ever has to say.

At worst, Jane was selfish and manipulative but it was always for survival. The only difference between Kenny and a murderer is that Kenny couldn't close the deal. Because I shot him.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull said:

@starvinggamer said:

That's exactly how the scene worked out. She came in without the baby. Clem asked her whatever you told her to ask her. Jane, looking downcast and dejected says "He..." in a pained voice before training off. Yes, in retrospect she was acting, but she clearly was showing remorse in a way someone might if they accidentally lost a baby while struggling to survive zombies. Kenny then immediately runs off. The instant he returns, he doesn't try talking or listening or waiting for an explanation or anything. He shoves Clem out of the way and immediately takes a swing at Jane while accusing her of murder. She tells him she didn't kill him and Clem interjects and Kenny makes it clear he has no interest in anything Jane has to say, just like he never has any interest in what anyone ever has to say.

At worst, Jane was selfish and manipulative but it was always for survival. The only difference between Kenny and a murderer is that Kenny couldn't close the deal. Because I shot him.

Except Jane knew that Kenny was an emotional wreck at the time and the only thing that was keeping him from losing it was the baby. She proved the point that Kenny would get angry, so she could have AT ANY SECOND said that the baby was still alive, but instead of doing that she slashed Kenny's stomach and the tried to kill him just like Kenny was trying to kill her. Kenny has an excuse, he was in a very dark place. You don't walk up to a ticking time bomb and try to set it off, which is exactly what Jane did.

She manipulated the situation, didn't break character, and when Kenny came back and accused her, she only said ONCE that it was an accident. Before Kenny charges in for the tackle, there was considerable amount of time for her to explain herself, but the only thing she said was "Don't you dare touch me" or some shit like that.

If I could have saved both, I would,but if I had to choose, and I did have to choose, I'd go with kenny every single time. Jane got herself killed.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well fuck, I thought shooting Kenny was the right thing to do, and his little talk with Clem just before he died made me pretty sad. But now I don't know, the ending where you end up in Wellington sounds better to me.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#85  Edited By Fallen189

I put off writing something up because it made me so angry, but I calmed down now.

I was really cross by the Luke decision. I covered him, and he died because Bonnie went to save him. Then she had the audacity to shout at me after the fact. This made me really angry. Telltale specifically fuck you with this choice, and it really made me sour on the whole season. He says to "Cover him" so he can get himself out. Reasonable I thought. Then she runs in and tries to help him, causing him to die. Never mind the fact that he dies anyway (Which by the way, make it a fucking pointless choice), why would they do something like that? How dare they make you pick this decision, then have a character screech at you for picking your choice when they go OUT OF THEIR WAY to fuck you.

Urgh. A bad moment in an otherwise super season. The last choice was difficult. I'd be lying if I said I didn't sit at that final choice for over 15 minutes. I foudn it really effective because I was weighing up the options of "Do I do what I think the character wants" or "Do I do what I want to do as the player". I could see the points of both options, but I picked the Kenny one in the end. Been this far with him, why not go further.

PS: It sucked that playing it on PC was fucked and steam tracked none of my achievements, or choices, so I can't see what I chose to everyone else. PC gaming!

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Protected the baby. Didn't know there was a choice here; just saw babby on its own and clicked.
    • Covered Luke. No point in us both dying.
    • I didn't ask to leave with Mike. Because fuck that dick and fuck Arvo and especially fuck Bonnie
    • I shot Kenny. He was unstable and inimical to any group he got attached to. Was waiting this entire season to put him down. Was still pretty emotional when he talks to Clem afterward.
    • Alone with AJ. Jane proved herself right with her actions. Clem can't trust anyone.

Episodes 4 and 5 were good, but overall I hated this season. The illusion of choice that the first season had wasn't even attempted at this time round, and the only choice that I even cared about came in episode 4 when I told Jane to save Sarah. Even that, like the choice to cut Sarita's arm off and another choice in episode 4, were invalidated immediately. Felt like Telltale weren't even trying to capture the same brilliant illusion they case over us with season one.

Especially in episode two when I convinced Nick to come out of the shed... and he gets forced back in within a couple of minutes.

It also took five fucking episodes for any attempt at characterization and development to take place. As such, I hated every one of the insufferable cast aside from Nick right up until it came for them all to either die or run away. The first three episodes felt like filler.

After other disappointments with Wolf Among Us, I really feel like Telltale may have been a one trick pony. That really bums me out since Season 1 was so fantastic.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was really cross by the Luke decision. I covered him, and he died because Bonnie went to save him. Then she had the audacity to shout at me after the fact. This made me really angry. Telltale specifically fuck you with this choice, and it really made me sour on the whole season. He says to "Cover him" so he can get himself out. Reasonable I thought. Then she runs in and tries to help him, causing him to die. Never mind the fact that he dies anyway (Which by the way, make it a fucking pointless choice), why would they do something like that? How dare they make you pick this decision, then have a character screech at you for picking your choice when they go OUT OF THEIR WAY to fuck you.

The entire game is about people acting shitty towards one another when things go really bad. Sarita dies, Kenny acts shitty towards Clem. Luke dies, Bonnie acts shitty towards Clem. How is it any different? It's a perfectly natural human response to the situation. It seems a bit mind boggling that it took this long for something that happens over and over and over and over and over again in TWD to finally piss you off.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ThunderSlash

@fallen189: I think that moment was less "Does Luke die?" and more "Does Bonnie die?" Yep, you can get Bonnie killed in that situation if you covered Luke and didn't break the ice. Which makes her outburst at Clementine all the more ironic, since she fucking saved her!

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallen189 said:

The entire game is about people acting shitty towards one another when things go really bad. Sarita dies, Kenny acts shitty towards Clem. Luke dies, Bonnie acts shitty towards Clem. How is it any different? It's a perfectly natural human response to the situation. It seems a bit mind boggling that it took this long for something that happens over and over and over and over and over again in TWD to finally piss you off.

Sorry. I'm not mad at Bonnies characterization, more the fake illusion of choice that TTG delivered. It said one thing, then blatantly did something else.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By InternetDotCom

I have Clementine going alone because clearly nothing in that fucking group was going well. And I thought Kenny and Jane were both losing their minds. I was suspicious of Jane at the end, but also felt Kenny was a problem that was only going to get worse.

The other endings sound neat, but I enjoyed the going alone ending too.

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to see the statistic of how many people who told Clem to shoot Lee at the end of season 1 also had Clem shoot Kenny at the end of season 2. I did NOT shoot Lee or Kenny. And I'm still shocked that so many people made Clem do that. You don't just up and shoot a guy because he's having a rough time! At the end of the day Kenny just wanted what was best for the CHILDREN, even back in season 1. He had a plan and stuck with it.

It was everyone ELSE who was constantly making a fuss over Kenny and interpreting ALL of his actions as crazy. And Arvo ugh... so he was playing the "oh my sister died, pity me" card. I felt betrayed when Bonnie and Mike were leaving with Arvo. I had a mind to shoot them right there, but deep down just wanted everyone to stick together. It was almost like the incident in season 1 where you find out Ben is slipping supplies to the bandits... UGH. Personally I spared and saved Ben because... I try to believe in being nice and stuff (or something..)

Was anyone else confused when they got to the house and Mike/Bonnie (don't remember) say to Kenny "This is your fault and you know it!" What are they saying is Kenny's fault? Luke falling through the ice? Them walking through the cold forest to find the house? They were ALL aboard letting Arvo 'help' us by letting Arvo lead us to the house. Then once they get to the house they start blaming Kenny for what? "Oh let's go back, Arvo wasn't lying about the supplies". Or maybe they're just blaming Kenny for beating Arvo? But then why use the wording "it's your fault"? They made it clear that there was no other way around to the house, so it's not like Kenny's treatment of Arvo led to Arvo leading them across the ice... and even if Arvo had used the ice run away, why would that matter? They would still have made it to the house and took the supplies, had a car, and a temporary shelter.

In hindsight alot of the criticisms of Kenny seem baseless. Although I have to say, Kenny's voice actor did a really AMAZING job of pushing Kenny to the edge, getting angry, accidentally telling Clem to 'fucking go away', or yelling when others don't like his plan.

Mychoices:

• Went for cover: as someone mentioned, it looked like the baby was safe, the Russians didn't look like babykillers. I thought it was kind of silly that either way, Luke still gets shot in the leg... I guess they needed to prime the 'carefully walking across the ice scene'. And I guess they needed someone to point to and say "oh [X] needs to rest, Kenny SLOW DOWN you crazy mofo".. since Rebecca died.
    • Covered for Luke: Initially I covered for Luke, but wasn't expecting Bonnie to go to help right after saying the ice would be too heavy for her. Once I saw them BOTH fall through the ice I was like "NOPE, redo". I'm happier with the way Going to Help Luke played out. Luke being pulled down by a walker reminded me of Titanic... Never let go Clem.. never let go..
    • Threatened Mike: Wasn't much of a threat though. And all they had to say was "Clem we're sorry for backstabbing you, Kenny, AJ and Jane, but we have to leave, kthnxbai".
    • Stayed with Kenny: I really felt like crying during the fight scene, Clem with the gun in her hand. I couldn't do it. Then the baby is safe, showing that Jane just wanted to kill Kenny and have Clem as her replacement younger sister. How old was Jane again? I was still sad for Jane, but lost a lot of respect for her. Again it was another case of people searching for reasons to believe that Kenny has gone crazy. Bonnie and Mike decided to leave, Jane decided to kill Kenny. I bet Jane convinced herself that she was "saving" Clem, I don't blame her, but hiding the baby as provocation, that's just LOW.
    • Stayed at Wellington with AJ: Man.. I had to leave Lee at the end of season1 and now I'm leaving Kenny at the end of season2. I thought it was really funny that they included the "Is Christa there" dialogue option. It's kind of like a running joke/lingering hope. 'We made it to Wellington but IS CHRISTA HERE?' THAT is the million dollar question! I wanted to cry again seeing Clem leaving another longtime friend... it's almost like Kenny is dying. I just hope that Wellington is actually a good place, not like Crawford or Carver's. Well... the name IS "WELLington".. get it? Anyways they were well-off enough to spare a whole bag of supplies to strangers, so.. it's gotta be good right? RIGHT?

Anyways it's fun to read other's justifications of their choices.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 11

@heltom92: I'm thinking exactly the same. If there was any in-game benefit to getting to Wellington I'd probably have forced myself to replay a decision for the first time in both series because my choice of giving up and going back to Howes would be failure in comparison.

Still, it's not like they can't actually prepare this time when they leave instead of having to escape mid-attack, and head up north at a better time or something, if I really want to have the imaginary happy ending.

Also apparently nobody's filled in Clem on much and she apparently thought Jane and Luke were doing "kissing stuff". So that was adorable.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going through the comments it looks like most people saved the baby and tried to cover Luke since the ice didn't need any more weight on it. That's exactly what I did. I ended up killing Kenny because he was already a lost cause before he thought the baby was dead. It was mostly a mercy kill in my eyes. I was surprised the baby was still alive, but I stayed with Jane mostly for the strength in numbers thing.

We went back to the super market place and I told the family to fuck off. The dude seemed real shady and the "mother" was probably some random lady pretending to be the kid's mom. I didn't see any affection towards the supposedly sick kid. None of them seemed to be his parents. The kid was probably their prisoner. When I saw the gun on the dude I knew I made the right call.

I wont know how I felt about the overall season, but there was no beating the Season 1 finale.

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By civid

I saved the baby because why wouldn't you? He's right there in front of you. My guess is he didn't die no matter what, but yeah...

Covered for Luke, although really, I pretty much flipped a coin on this one. I knew if I went out there he would fall in and take me with him, I would get out of the water and he would die. Hadn't seen Bonnie being so pissed at me for leaving Luke behind though, which at least somewhat justified her leaving with Mike and Arvo... Although as someone else pointed out FUCK THAT TWO-FACED SNITCHING ASS BONNIE. Oh so she's going to be mad at CLEM for not throwing her life away trying to save Luke after all of the shit she has done? After doing nothing for the group other than giving Clem a fucking jacket? Yeah, thanks asshole, hopefully that wench won't pop up again. Good ridance...

I yelled for help when Mike, Arvo and Bonnietried to flee. Really this choice highlights the main problem with Season 2 which is, that some character actions only make sense if the player has made certain choices. So in my case, it made sense that Arvo shot Clementine. She had stolen his medicine, not really done a whole lot to stop Kenny from being a dick to him and now she's screaming for Kenny and Jane. It felt more like a gut reaction from his side than anything else. If you did help him earlier that whole character falls the fuck apart, at that point he's only being angry at you for plot convinience.

I shot Kenny. Look you guys, Kenny is a dick. He has always been an insufferable ass, incapable of rational thought and he's a small minded racist to boot. But, as a character I think he by far has been the strongest of the supporting cast both in Season 1 and 2. Because he felt like a real person. A person I didn't like the slightest, but that's fine. I really enjoyed having him back for Season 2, because he was the only character who felt like more than a plot device. I mean, I think Jane is a great character, but her purpose as a plot device is clear as day: She's supposed to distance the player from the rest of the group. As of such I thought this was a great end for Kennys arc. It was obvious he had reached his breaking point, and even though Janes decision to play with his emotions was cruel, she did have a point. At that point, Kenny didn't care about you, he didn't care about Jane, he probably didn't even give a crap about the baby. He just wanted to see the world burn. So I put him down. His monolouge at the end was extremely powerful and made me feel like I had done the right thing. What a great fucking character.

I forgave Jane but pretty much only because leaving her would leave me with having accomplished absolutely nothing this entire season. Which might have been fitting. But I thought Clem would stand a better chance with an ally, who at least trusted her.

I let the family in and of course one of them is armed. It really hammers the point of this season home. That Clementine can't trust any one, yet she has to rely on them, because she can't make it on her own.

Overall I'm of two minds about this season in its entirety. On the one hand I like what they did with Clementine as a character, Kenny was great to see make a comeback and the relationship between Jane and Clem was great to watch blossom. But the rest of the characters didn't get enough screen time (so to speak) to let the player develop any sort of connection to them, mostly because the plot was in such a hurry to get to the next big plot twist. I don't think there was a single time in this entire season in which you were just let loose in a big environment to just talk to people and get to know them. And like I pointed out before, a lot of the character interactions and actions only made sense if the player had made specific choices.

And what was with that Carver side plot? He was a bad knock-off character of The Governor (who is the worst villain to ever grace TV, don't know if he is quite as bad in the comics), he pretty much does nothing but stand around and waste time so that Telltale could get 5 episodes out of this season. That and when Kenny mentoined Wellington, I had no idea what he was talking about, since I had long forgotten about that place ever getting mentoined. I guess that ones on me though.

If I would have to rate Season Two, I guess I would land on 3 out of 5. Telltale either needs to make their next game more interactive or really ace the storytelling and characters. This entire season just felt half assed from beginning to end, with a couple of highlights. I still enjoyed my time with it, more so than Wolf Among Us, but I'm certainly not going to just blindly buy a season pass for the next batch of Telltale Games. They're going to have to win me over again, and I somewhat doubt that is going to happen with their ressources spread over 4 or 5 games.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By emfromthesea

Personally I think I preferred this season's finale to the last. Don't get me wrong, the ending to the first season was definitely powerful, but I felt more impact when I killed Kenny, compared to Lee's death. Kenny felt the most human out of all the characters, and throughout both seasons I would go back and forth on whether or not I could stand him. He's one of the best representations of someone who means well but can't keep a cool head. He was a real asshole, but I couldn't give up on him. I wanted to believe that he could become the better man. And throughout the games I keep seeing the world of The Walking Dead doing its best to break him. But I keep holding onto this false belief that he's still alright. And in that final confrontation when he's about to kill Jane, I finally gave up and shot him. Then he proceeded to apologize for making me kill him, and I felt awful. With Ben and Sarah I felt like I managed to bring them back from the grips of death (at least momentarily) and yet I failed Kenny. He went over the edge and I had to be the one to finish him. Though the real gut punch was learning that Jane had manipulated the situation. I was furious, she had broke Kenny. In reality he was already heading in that direction, but didn't stop me from leaving her. She made me kill someone who might as well had been family. Which I consider the toughest thing I've done in that series.

heyupikablu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a brutal episode, asshole kid beatings, loosing a friend to water zombies, shooting the one person I have history with since losing Christa. At least I stayed with Jane, she's got my back.

• Saved the Baby: I felt AJ would have been shot if I didn't risk my life to get him to safety
    • I went in for Luke: BIG MISTAKE! I hoped that since I was the lighter of the two (Bonnie and I) I could have a chance to pull him out. Well, that turned out great, I almost died myself and could have have hypothermia.
    • I Didn't ask to leave: Fuck Mike, Bonnie, and Arvo. If they wanted to leave or part ways, they should have said it form the beginning maybe the parting would have gone better. I'm sure Kenny wouldn't object to removing Arvo from the group.
    • I Shot Kenny: I had to do it, even if AJ was alive or dead, which I assumed he was when Jane told me to trust her. Kenny was way far in the darkness, and I don't think he had the help or support to get him back out. since whatever I tried to do didn't do much of anything. I'm glad he admitted killing him was what he thought was right so I feel less terrible that I shot a father figure. But man, he was getting scary.
    • I forgave Jane and went back south: I assumed she did what she did to prove a point, it may be a shady way to go about it. but she was doing what she thought was best for everyone. yes, even Kenny. I think if he had some alone time he could have had time to heal. I still trust Jane, I think she may be selfish, but she needs someone in her corner to keep her from going rogue.

Good ending I guess, I let that group of three in. They seem harmless, and they also have a young kid. To me, that usually means the group has a good bone in their body. Looking forward to what happens next.

wmoyer83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By wmoyer83

I am in the minority, but I will say this: I had no problem shooting Kenny. He is a great character, but even way back in season I never liked him. He is a bossy douche with no sense of accountability. I am glad I plugged him. Jane was right, about everything. I am probably also in the minority about Arvo. It would be interesting to see what his backstory was about. He got fucked over by Jane so in his eyes I could see why he would hate his captors.

Pierre42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Pierre42

@auron570:

I'm glad some folks realise it. Folks may have ranted and raved about Kenny losing it, but in any situation he did the right thing and had the right intentions. He was suspicious of Bonnie when she showed up at the camp. He resisted Carver and wanted out, unlike others who were just scared into submitting. He freaked out for a bit after Sarita died (understandably) but he totally pulled it together and managed to lead the team to help out Rebecca. People might argue his decision at the end to leave immediately was a bad one, but the outcome is the same even if you stay so it's a lose-lose situation and doesn't count. In episode 5 he was angry at Arvo sure but Arvo did just set them up for a trap, honestly I'm amazed no one else was that angry, especially Luke and Mike who got shot in the fight. He pulls it together again to go and take first watch and he gets much better with AJ cheering him up. He fixes the car and has a plan for Wellington (that if you follow through with ultimately works with substantial sacrifice on Kenny's own part).

He does nothing wrong, he's helpful. His greatest crime was getting pretty sad after his not-quite-wife died horribly in front of him which seems totally justified to me.

Compare to Luke: Drops you like a rock, acts overly confrontational and suspicious towards the new people who take him in in Episode 2. Disappears to hatch some plot in Episode 3 and ultimately gets caught screwing everything up for everyone. Does nothing except spreading fear about Kenny's mental state alongside his colossal screw up with Jane later on in that episode. In Episode 5 the one useful thing he tries to do ends in failure as he gets shot in the leg and then does NOTHING else.

Kenny has always pulled it together and has always had a plan, he's a strong strong guy who has never abandoned you and has always looked out for people. Compared to Jane who lectures you constantly on ditching people, DITCHES YOU HERSELF ONE TIME and ultimately pulls off an incredibly manipulative gambit in order to get a young girl to kill her oldest friend. I just don't think people are giving Kenny a fair rap when they talk about how "off the rails" he's been. Everyone else just plays it up worse than he actually is.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@civid said:

Kenny is a dick. He has always been an insufferable ass, incapable of rational thought and he's a small minded racist to boot.

Jesus, man, he's from Florida! Crazy shit just comes out of his mouth sometimes!

I totally agree with @pierre42. Kenny is pretty much the only character in the game who maintains a consistent set of morals, despite the world falling to pieces around him and the tremendous hardships he's been through along the way.

TEAM KENNY 4 LYFE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.