Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Walking Dead

Game » consists of 41 releases. Released Nov 21, 2012

Presenting an original story in the same franchise as the comic book series of the same name, The Walking Dead is a five-part adventure game from Telltale that follows the story of a convicted murderer, his guardianship over a young girl, and his co-operation with a roaming group of survivors in a zombie apocalypse.

Let's talk about Episode 3. *SPOILERS*

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

Episode 3 is out (for PSN at least) and first off, holy fuck. I've never been this emotionally invested in a game before. Episode 3 lacks the real gut punch ending that Episode 2 had but it definitely has it's fair share of "everything is fucked" moments. So, what did you choose?

Did you shoot the girl in the street?

I shot her and thought it was a pretty obvious choice. It was either a quick, painless death or get eaten by walkers. Kenny has emerged as a compete and utter piece of garbage and I regret ever siding with him on anything.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Fuck yeah I did. I was SEETHING when she shot Carley. It probably wasn't the "right" choice and it was made purely out of anger but goddamn, I was angry. Carley was the one person in the group who I could trust at all and at the moment, it felt like me and Clem were truly alone. Her death was the one point in the series so far where I put my hands to my face and let out a literal gasp.

Did you fight Kenny?

Once again, fuck yeah I did. I'd been waiting to kick Kenny's ass for the entire episode and he deserved every bit of it. He was so quick to kill Lilly's dad was he was bit but when it came time for him to man up for his own family, he refused to face reality.

Did you shoot Duck?

I let Kenny shoot Duck. I didn't want to get involved in something that really had nothing to do with me and I certainly didn't want Kenny to use the fact that I killed his son against me. I saw Kat killing herself coming from a mile away but man...that was rough.

Did you help Omid?

I did but it wasn't really a conscious decision. I kind of just acted without thinking and grabbed the first person I saw. I'm not sure if he would have died if I had saved Christa first but I stand by my choice. Omid was injured and she wasn't. Simple.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By drac96

@Milkman: I pretty much did everything you did. However, I did not fight Kenny and I had Lee shoot Duck. Kenny was already pretty messed up, I didn't want him to have to shoot his own kid.

I'm interested to know what happens if you don't throw Lilly out. I feel like everything would be totally different if she ended up staying.

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fullmetal5550

You can kill Duck? Finally, I hate that kid.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By webscud
    • Did you shoot the girl in the street?
      I shot her. I also gave the gun to the woman in Episode One. No one deserves to suffer.
    • Did you abandon Lilly?
      I did not. I figured I would be able to deal with her later, but she ends up stealing the damn RV! I hope our paths cross again and not in a Lilly-shows-up-last-minute-to-redeem-herself kind of way. She is a horrible, broken woman and deserves what comes to her. Fingers crossed for her showing up and Kenny shooting her in the middle of her first words.
    • Did you fight Kenny?
      I managed to talk him down. I honestly did not see a conversation point that would lead to a fight. Maybe that's because the only time I didn't side with him was when I stayed silent in Episode One when everyone thought Duck was bitten. I feel like I'm one of the few players on Kenny's side.
    • Did you shoot Duck?
      Yes.
    • Did you help Omid?
      I thought I did help him by pushing him off the bridge, but I guess this means whether or not I grabbed him before Christa? I grabbed her first, just because that's where the cursor was. Then, she we was screaming "You should of helped him!" I realized that I choose the stronger of the two anyway. But he made it on board by himself, busted leg and all.

Ben was not in any of my Episode Four previews. Probably not a good sign. That's the one Gary Whitta is writing, right? He doesn't seem like a character that Gary would leave alive. Omid looks really bad. I have a feeling he's going to die and Christa is going to push Lee in to a bad spot with Clementine.

A crazy guess, but I think the guy on the walkie is either one of the bandits that the crazy woman with the video camera at the end of Episode Two was talking about or the man at the end of Episode One that went to look for his friends. I think the bandit scenario is more likely since they placed the clip of the crazy woman in the "Last Time On..." segment.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Milkman

@WebScud said:

• Did you abandon Lilly?
      I did not. I figured I would be able to deal with her later, but she ends up stealing the damn RV!

Wow, for real? Well, I'm definitely happy with my choice then.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By webscud

@Milkman: Yup. When you go in to the RV to get pencil, the camera pulls back and she says something along the lines of "I could have killed you while you were looking around up here." There is one dialogue choice and she pushes you off the RV and takes off.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By webscud

@fullmetal5550: Yes, but the interactions you have with him at the beginning of the episodes are enjoyable.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Djratchet

I let her keep the walkers busy. She was good as dead when she got bit on the ankle, better that her death was not in vain, it would have been a waste of bullets and attracted attention.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Glad I'm not the only one that dropped that bitch out of pure anger. I didn't even think about it twice. Killing the person I trusted most, and also one of the most valuable members of the team because you can't get your shit together? I just regret that I couldn't have killed her myself.

Did you fight Kenny?

I talked Kenny down. I didn't feel a fight would solve anything, especially with Duck being bit. And with Carley being dead, Kenny was all I really had left.

Did you shoot Duck?

I at first volunteered to shoot Duck, but after Katja committed suicide, I decided to let Kenny do it. It just seemed right.

Did you help Omid?

No, but that was accident. I grabbed Christa before I realized it was a choice. Either way, eh.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By N7

@Djratchet: You made the exact decisions I made.

I can't believe Lilly. She fucked this whole thing. I was so angry at her I would have shot her right there. Carley was totally going to bone Lee and she fucked it all up. I have never been so angry at a video game since Shao Khan.

This episode had so many "This is fucked" moments that it hurt my soul. I am a husk of a man now.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Djratchet

@N7: Also, fuck Ben. I wanted to straight up punch him in the face after he confessed to blatantly lying to everyone's face. If it wasn't for him, shit wouldn't have gone so bad so fast. I defended that piece of shit, and he got 3 people killed (well, 4 if you count Lilly.... I don't)

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones

Shot the girl
    It's what I'd want if I was in that situation

Didn't abandon Lilly. I was pissed as hell but I wanted to punish her in a different way. Unfortunately that didn't happen

Beat the hell out of Kenny.
    He needed it

I killed Duck. Lee said it perfect, parent shouldn't have to kill their child. Plus I felt really bad that Kat took the easy way out

I helped omid.
    Had no clue there was actually a choice in this. I figured the man with the bum leg needed help anyway

Overall I think this one was 2nd best. 2 is still my favorite but when Carley gets shot that was the most surprising and shocking moment in the series so far. I had no idea tha was coming. Anyway I'm looking forward to 4! Sadly only 2 left =(

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By N7

@Djratchet: I was fully prepared to push him off the train. I am so angry that wasn't an option.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Djratchet

@N7: Yeah. I really hope he gets his in ep 4.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By golguin

Yes. I figured I should put her out of her misery.

Did you abandon Lilly?

I dropped her ass. I gave her dad food, tried to save his life, sided with her, and she repays me by killing Carley. She was going to be Clem's new mom, but that's no longer possible.

Did you fight Kenny?

From what I've read in this thread it looks like you could avoid fighting him. None of the choices presented looked like the fight could be avoided. I let him smack me around a bit hoping it would clear his head, but I finally had enough and started fighting back.

Did you shoot Duck?

I killed Duck because everthing was already so messed up that I felt bad for Kenny.

Did you help Omid?

I didn't, but it wasn't even a decision. I just hit the prompt and it happened to be the girl.

This whole episode was crazy. It started off pretty lighthearted with Duck being annoying and talking up Carley. I felt things were going so well when I told everyone about my past and everyone took it really well. I thought that was going to put me on the fast track with Carley, but then Ben and Lilly fucked everything up.

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mutley

Yes I did, Didn't want her to suffer.

Did you abandon Lily?

No and I regret it IMMENSELY for not doing so. I was trying to be all humane and keep my morals and blah blah blah. She shot Carley, one of the most trustworthy allies and Lee was gonna get jiggy with her too until she fucked it up. She took the damn RV too!!! Fuck, If I meet her again I'm shooting her without a second thought.

Did you fight Kenny?

No, I talked it out with him. The guy is a douche but it would be pretty messed up to beat the shit out of him and then watch his own son die.

Did you shoot Duck?

I did. Kenny just saw his wife kill herself and his own son turning into a walker. Dude has it hard enough on himself as it is.

Did you help Omid?

I did. I thought it was only logical as Omid was the one injured so Christa could catch up by herself. Plus I quite like Omid as a character. And Christa is a dick.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By mracoon

No. She was dead anyway and it was better for the group as we got more supplies.

Did you abandon Lilly?

No. Thought I would think of some other punishment later but then she stole the damn RV.

Did you fight Kenny?

No. His son was bitten so of course he'd be upset and I probably feel the same if it was Clementine.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes. Kenny had already lost his wife he didn't need to go through killing his own child too.

Did you help Omid?

Yes. He had the broken leg so it made more sense to pick him up first.

What I've realised after 3 episodes is things are always going to get worst and people will die so the only character worth caring about is Clementine. I don't think they'd kill her off in this season but everyone else (apart from Lee) is probably expendable.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By amp_1986

I did not. I felt like she was already dead and I didn't want the zombies to hear the gunshot and go after us.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Yes. There's absolutely no way that I wanted anything to do with her she killed a member of our team in cold blood.

Did you fight Kenny?

Yes but only after trying to talk him down and failing.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes. I even though I was upset at Kenny I felt that no one should have to kill their own child.

Did you help Omid?

Yes. I knew he was injured and felt that the girl was more capable of getting on the train herself.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Sterling

I didn't like this episode as much as the first two. But I guess thats good on Tell Tale. I was pissed at the some of the choices and how things played out. Like Carley dying, and the new people joining the group despite my best efforts to be mean to them.

I did not shoot the girl, I did not abandon Lilly hoping there was more to that line (which there appears to be now), I kicked Kenny's ass. I killed Duck. And I did not help Omid, hoping him and the girl would not be able to get in the train and be left behind. I don't want more people in the group damn it.

MLeeLunsford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By MLeeLunsford

No, she was already dead. Felt like shit about it, but supplies were more important.

Did you abandon Lilly?

I had to turn the game off after what happened to Carley, when I turned it back on it started from before that scene and I had to watch it again. I was far too angry to let Lilly stay, this event effected my choices the rest of the game.

Did you fight Kenny?

yes, let him hit me a few times, then beat sense into him.

Did you shoot Duck?

I made Kenny shoot Duck. I had enough of his crap, let him clean up his own mess.

Did you help Omid?

I did, he was injured, seemed like the obvious choice given the situation. Luckily I was right that time.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By notdavid

What did everyone think of the high five scene with Duck toward the beginning? I hated him in the previous two episodes, but he kind of redeemed himself. He was still an excitable little asshole, but one I could relate to. And having a message pop up after you don't leave him hanging that says something along the line of "Duck thinks you're totally fucking awesome" was genuinely heartwarming.

That being said, I shot him. As much as I hated Kenny, he shouldn't have had to go through that.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Milkman

@notdavid said:

What did everyone think of the high five scene with Duck toward the beginning? I hated him in the previous two episodes, but he kind of redeemed himself. He was still an excitable little asshole, but one I could relate two. And having a message pop up after you don't leave him hanging that says something along the line of "Duck thinks you're totally fucking awesome" was genuinely heartwarming.

That being said, I shot him. As much as I hated Kenny, he shouldn't have had to go through that.

Yeah, at first I thought he was annoying but the high five scene was great. It's unfortunate he had to get shot in the face.

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By icytower38

Shoot the girl: No I did not, would of attracted to much attention and supplies are far more important.

Abandon Lilly: No I did not. Yeah she pissed me off by killing Carly, but I felt having her around could still be useful. Granted when she stole the RV I was just fine with it and I wish her the worst of luck.

Fight Kenny: No I did not. For some reason I started to like Kenny again in this episode.

Shoot Duck: Yes I did. Like before, I'm back on Kenny's side for now and with the shit that was happening he had enough.

Help Omid: No, and as others have said it was more a mistake as I didn't realize the choice at the moment.

I also told everyone except Ben & Clem about my past. Currently I'm hopping that Ben dies a very horrible death in the next episode. I rather enjoyed this one, not sure were it falls right now, but another good episode none the less. Now for the 2 month wait for Episode 4 :(.

CooVee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By CooVee
    Shot the girl: Yes. Seemed wrong to let her suffer and I was still pissed at Kenny because of episode 2 so I didn't care about his suggestion. 

Abandon Lilly: No. Even after she killed Doug (yes I saved Doug) I still wanted to deal with her later. Guess that didn't work out so well.  

Fight Kenny: No.  I didn't even realize you could fight him in this episode as he was already dealing with a lot of crap and I actually felt sorry for him. 

Shoot Duck: Yes. Kenny had just lost his wife so there was no way I could force him to kill his son. 

Help Omid: No. I had no idea this would even be considered a "huge" choice but the marker was over Christa and I just pressed it 

This episode really changed my animosity towards Kenny and actually made me feel sorry for the guy. Doug's death really did bum me out as he was a pretty cool guy since I saved him in episode 1 and I don't know what to think of Ben at the moment but he sure caused a lot of shit and I don't trust him in the slightest.
    papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By papercut

@Milkman said:

@notdavid said:

What did everyone think of the high five scene with Duck toward the beginning? I hated him in the previous two episodes, but he kind of redeemed himself. He was still an excitable little asshole, but one I could relate two. And having a message pop up after you don't leave him hanging that says something along the line of "Duck thinks you're totally fucking awesome" was genuinely heartwarming.

Yeah, at first I thought he was annoying but the high five scene was great. It's unfortunate he had to get shot in the face.

Did anyone else turn off those game notifications this time around? I actually think it increased my enjoyment of the game a little. But that hi five pop up sounds awesome.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#25  Edited By TheMasterDS

I shot the girl in the street. I was trying to shoot walkers though. I wanted to hear her story!

I abandoned Lily but only after making sure I couldn't prevent her from killing Carley. Turns out you can't no matter what dialog choices you choose. One time I let her on the bus and she still spilled the beans about my past. What a bitch! I spared her specifically in the hopes she wouldn't out me. Balls to her then, she brought it upon herself.

I fought Kenny, yeah. I made him throw the first punch though.

I did help Omid, didn't realize that was a moral choice. For a second I thought I had doomed Christa. Good that's not the case.

I didn't like the sniping sequence at all. That game is not meant to be played from that perspective and it doesn't make for fun. I will say that if a sequence in Walking Dead game can't be reasonably done in one try than it should've probably been taken out of the episode. Terrible stuff.

ashleychittock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By ashleychittock

Yep. Got to be one heartless SOB to leave her like that.

Did you abandon Lilly?

I didn't, even though her killing Carley made me pause the game, put the controller down and just zone out for ages. Loved how they deliberately ramped up the flirting and stuff between Lee and Carley to make you extra attached before the rug was pulled from under you. Even though Lilly completely let me down after I'd been kind to her for a long time, I kept her on board because hey, we just lost the only other woman that can shoot a gun in the group.

Did you fight Kenny?

Yeah, although I wasn't aware there was an option to NOT fight him. How does it play out? Does he just beat you down or can you talk him round?

Did you shoot Duck?

Yeah, can't let a father do that.

Did you help Omid?

Nope, I didn't spot the QTE quickly enough. Probably the only problem with this game I have is that those type of quick-react QTE's are really easy to miss and the controls aren't very good for hitting them. I also pushed him off the bridge so I felt double bad for not helping him out.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Vonocourt

Gave her mercy, didn't want to hear the screams either.

Did you abandon Lilly?

She accused me of stealing the medicine and implied I was a junkie simply because I told her she was overreacting. I was already annoyed with her before she went and killed Carly in cold blood.

Did you fight Kenny?

Nope talked him down, dude lost his wife and kid, didn't want him to lose a friend also.

Did you shoot Duck?

I tried not involving myself and let Katjaa talk Kenny into letting her do it, and that turned out well. Thought it would be too much for him to have too shoot his own son.

Did you help Omid?

Yeah, then the guy bitched at me for not saving a women. Sorry I decide to help the guy with a fucked leg get onto a moving train rather than a woman with with unimpaired motor functions.

Thought this episode was solid, even if it's mechanics betray the story somewhat. It was pretty clear that Carley was going to eat it before anything as major as Lee and her getting it on happened. Also they practically went too overdrive getting you too like Duck(in a great way) after two episodes of him being annoying, which raised some flags. Those are niggles though, only big complaint is that the episode just kind of peters out after the whole Lily thing. Episode two had a slow build to the climax, this one peaks about two thirds of the way through and just kind of goes on...and on.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Natedogg2

No I didn't. She was dead no matter what, I didn't want to attract any attention to myself, and I wanted to earn a few points with Kenny if I could, since I had been siding with Lily a lot in the previous episode.

Did you abandon Lilly?
    I did not.  I figured we would deal with her later. Interestingly, when we got to the scene where she was going to steal the RV, she offered to let me come with her. I declined, but I wonder what would have happened if I said yes. I want to go back and check out that option, but I'll do it later on.

Did you fight Kenny?

I did not. We were close to fighting, but I managed to talk him down.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes. No way I was going to let Kenny or his wife do that.

Did you help Omid?
    I helped him. He was limping, while the girl was not, so I figured I should grab him first.

Also, did anyone else think that Katjaa was the person supplying the bandits with supplies? I thought that because she was the group's doctor, she would have more access to the supplies, plus she'd want to protect her family if she could. I didn't think it was Ben, because I thought the bandits said they had been getting supplies for weeks, and it sounded like Ben was only with the group for a week (there was only a week between episode 2 and 3).

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Peanut

I wish Telltale could put together a working fucking game. I'm playing on 360 are there are so many framerate drops, a ton of sketchy loading transitions, and this time around the game decided to eat my save, which means I had to play through the 3rd episode "fresh" with decisions that I never made. I think that last one left a sour taste in my mouth throughout, but I still loved a lot of the story stuff and I love some of the turns they've taken so far. 

I shot the lady in the street. 
    I abandoned Lily because Doug was awesome and she's been nothing but a bitch to me. 
    I fought Kenny, although I tried not to at first. He was being an asshole and really wasting time and I feared for Clem, so I got into it with him. I let him get in a bunch of shots then laced into him and he settled down. 
    I shot Duck, because Kenny seemed like he was totally fucked. I actually didn't do it immediately, but sat there feeling like I couldn't do it while he was still "alive". I don't know if it was just part of an animation loop, but his head drooped off to the side after about 30 seconds and I pulled the trigger. My fiance was incredibly weepy throughout that entire situation and ended up bawling by the end of it.
    I helped Omid cause I pushed the bitch off a bridge and then he fell off the train. He was clearly fucked up and wouldn't have had as much of a chance of catching up as whatever her name is, so I pulled him up in the hopes that she'd make it and she did.

leinad44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By leinad44

Its hard to believe it, but Lilly actually does something more messed up in the comics (Set after this series of games), although she does redeem herself somewhat.

Also for people who have read the comic, do you think this is the last we'll see of her in this game? Because where it left it off seemed to suggest to me that after being left behind or stealing the RV she came across the Woodbury survivors.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#31  Edited By donutfever

I'm on mobile, so I won't be able to put this in a clean format, sorry. Anyway, I tried to kill the walkers in the street, hoping I would still be known as helping her (nope). I abandoned Lilly, because Carley was awesome at the beginning of the episode. I tried to avoid fighting Kenny, as he was having a bad enough day, but he ended up hitting me and starting the fight anyway. I shot Duck, and was really disappointed that Lee didn't miss, causing a dog to laugh at him. Finally, I David Omid, because me and that guy are gonna be A-OK in the upcoming episodes. My favourite part of the episode was Carley's death, probably the heaviest part of the game so far.

washingmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By washingmachine

Great episode. 2 is still king, but this was good too.

Yes. Can't really say why other than it seemed like the morale thing to do.

Did you abandon Lilly?

No... but it was a tough choice. I ended up with the conclusion that the group needed all the manpower it could get, and even though she killed one of my fav. characters in the entire game so far, I felt like she was just a victim of her own bad shit with her dad. Not that it excuses the shooting, but still..

Did you fight Kenny?

Eventually, only because I knew the soft approach wasn't going to work forever.

Did you shoot Duck?

No...although I said I would before they went into the woods. But after the suicide, I felt like Kenny would take umbrage with me not allowing him to deal with his son personally. The script had been well and truly flipped in a matter of seconds.

Did you help Omid?

I did, but purely because he was A) first in line and B) injured. Not much else to that decision, really.

icytower38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By icytower38

@Natedogg2 said:

I wonder what would have happened if I said yes. I want to go back and check out that option, but I'll do it later on.

I was wondering the same thing. Obviously you wouldn't end up going with her, but I do wonder how it's handled. I'm off on Friday and was thinking about replaying the episode myself for that same reason.

bearklaw19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By bearklaw19

I didnt shoot the girl, I actually felt really bad and it was the only choice in the whole game where I almost ran out of time, the fact you have to listen to her screaming while your in the pharmacy really sucks

Did you abandon Lily?

Yea I did, I have read a bunch of these kinda forum posts since episode one and I feel like the only person who chose Doug over Carley, I didnt even hesitate to not let her back on the RV, im guessing even if I side with Lily Doug/Carley gets shot anyways

Did you fight Kenny?

I didnt know their was an option not to, He hit me once because I didnt really know whats going on then I choked him out, Ive sided with him over EVERYTHING since episode one, now this donkey wants to start shit with me

Did you shoot Duck?

I said I would shoot him at first, I really didnt think that Kat was going to shoot herself, but once it all happened I just told him to do it, this whole episode I was thinking " holy fuck this is intense" I just wanted this Duck thing to be over

Did you help Omid?

Yea, like the majority I didnt know it was a choice, but the other girl got in anyways, I thought maybe if I chose the female over Omid he would of died but I guess his limpy ass finds a way on the train, motherfucker can let me hold him over a bridge while he cuts the truck off, and run with a broken leg but cant jump onto a train.

webscud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By webscud

@notdavid said:

What did everyone think of the high five scene with Duck toward the beginning? I hated him in the previous two episodes, but he kind of redeemed himself. He was still an excitable little asshole, but one I could relate to. And having a message pop up after you don't leave him hanging that says something along the line of "Duck thinks you're totally fucking awesome" was genuinely heartwarming.

I felt the same way.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By MooseyMcMan

No. Sometimes you have to be a cold son of a gun to do what you need to do.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Hell yeah! She shot Doug!

Did you fight Kenny?

I speech skilled my way through that.

Did you shoot Duck?

I couldn't make Kenny do that after everything else. But I thought it was weird that he was watching.

Did you help Omid?

Like everyone else, I didn't realize it was a choice, and it kinda wasn't, because she just nonchalantly climbed on board. I thought that bit was funny, with him complaining only to have her get on anyway.

Dookysharpgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37  Edited By Dookysharpgun

I shot the girl, was the right thing to do, fuck Kenny and his bullshit.

I kept Lilly around because leaving her ass for the walkers was too good for her.

I talked Kenny down, because his life was really sucking right about then...and he was right about Lilly, though he caused that to happen...

Shot Duck, like Lee said, nobody should have to go through that.

Saved Christina, if I learned anything from starved for help, I knew that a person with a gimp leg is dead weight...literally. I mean, look at the trailer for the next chapter, he's already causing trouble...

I still didn't like this episode though, seems a bit too railroaded, I mean, you collect evidence about who started stealing stuff, Lilly just outright murders Carley despite all that time you wasted, Duck gets bitten seemingly out of nowhere, because bandits attacked before the walkers did, and there were none in there prior to when him and the others were in cover. On top of that, the fact that out of fucking nowhere that candy-hobo appears and everyone trusts him, despite the fact that we've just learned that trusting people could have dire consequences and he mentions that he didn't want to see 'another little girl' die, then do the same goddamn thing down the road with two utter strangers, one who seems to happy to see a child, and the other who is pretty much an antagonist, but a maternal figure for Clem, because...you know...everyone else got killed.

I just think that breaking things down, everything lacked any narrative cohesion, it just kinda happened and you're supposed to take it for granted, while doing a bunch of inconsequential shit that never gets brought up again, and then Ben just fucking outright tells you he's the cause of most of that day's troubles...I mean crap...that's just weak. There were a few really gutting moments, like having to shoot Duck because of what happened earlier, the fact that as useless as he was, he was a good natured kid, but his death is contrived because everything that happened doesn't really add up. Just sayin' it really is the weakest story out of the three chapters...it should have been entitled: 'A metric shit-pile of your people die under contrived circumstances, because fuck you'.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@notdavid said:

Yeah, I really like what they did with that interaction with Duck. They manage to simultaneously acknowledge how annoying he was in the previous episodes by mirroring that with Lee's reactions to him, and yet at the same time they manage to make him a little bit more likable so that you feel bad when he bites the dust later on.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pyrodactyl

the pacing in this episode was all over the place but HOLY JESUS CHRIST MOTHERFUCKER THIS IS ALL FUCKED.

didn't shoot so I got all the supplies

left her, crazy unstable bitch. She didn't even shoot the right one. Was sure I had made the worst move by not saying anything before she took the shot. Didn't reload to correct but turns out Carley dies no mather what. Thanks for spoiling that for me, internet.

beat some sense into Kenny but apologized afterwards so it's ok?

shot the kid. this game is fucked up.

pushed Omid without even earing what he had to say and help his girlfriend up out of a sense of urgency. Felt like a real dick afterwards.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Natedogg2
    @icytower38 said:

@Natedogg2 said:

I wonder what would have happened if I said yes. I want to go back and check out that option, but I'll do it later on.

I was wondering the same thing. Obviously you wouldn't end up going with her, but I do wonder how it's handled. I'm off on Friday and was thinking about replaying the episode myself for that same reason.

My cloud save is right at the beginning of that chapter, but I can't download that save until tomorrow. So I think I'll check it out then.
    Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Coafi

Oh, man... this episode was great, I loved it! The beginning with Duck saying he was Dick Grayson was awesome and the high five was cute. I thought that either Kenny or Doug were behind the whole lending supplies to the bandits.

I shot the girl.

I kept Lilly.

I talk Kenny down.

I shot Duck. :'(

I helped Omid, because he looked like he wasn't going to make it on his own.

What does everybody think about Chuck/Charles? I think he's supposed to be "sneaky" or kinda of a creep but he's probably a good guy. I can't believe we already lost half of the crew, I don't like the new couple.

Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Driam

Shoot the girl: Yup. Walkers don't give a shit if their prey is dead or not, as long as the flesh is warm. Might as well take the humane route on this one.

Abandon Lilly: You're goddamn right I did. Lady talked about not wanting to start a witch hunt back at the motel and then randomly shoots someone out of the blue on a hunch? That aint how we do things. Was kinda expecting Carley would eat it a some point, though. Telltale talks a mean game about the story being "tailored to how you play", but to keep making several different scenarios depending on whether Doug or Carley is alive? Naw, man. We gots ta save them munies and make our game on the cheap.

Fight Kenny: Yeah. I guess you're supposed to show him the handkerchief with the kid's blood on it, but I chose to start talking instead. Worked out okay in the end.

Shoot Duck: Yup. No man should have to kill his own kid.

Help Omid or Christa: Christa. Took me about five seconds just randomly clicking because the icons were off screen and the camera went bananas.

Really looking forward to the next one. I also thought it was cool that Clementine ended up looking like Ana after she got her hair cut.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#43  Edited By fobwashed

Nope. She was already bit and dead, better to make the best of it and she can spend the rest of her life helping out others however inadvertently. Also, she came out screaming like a goddamn banshee. That deep into a zombie apocalypse, if you're stupid enough to run around screaming at the top of your lungs attracting more walkers. . . I dunno what to say. How the hell did she last as long as she did?

Did you abandon Lilly?

I liked Carley a lot, and it was absolutely freaking ridiculous that she just up and shot her in the face like that but I kept her around because like Lee said, ditching her out there on the road is pretty much murder. Still, it pissed me off when she stole the RV. If I knew she'd do that shit, I guess I woulda left her behind.

Did you fight Kenny?

I hate Kenny. I hate him more than any other character in the game because he pretty much leaves everyone to die and is a chicken shit. But the guy's son was bit and turning. . . so I talked him down. Seriously, still hate the guy, but when it comes down to it, I don't wanna be that asshole -_-;;

Did you shoot Duck?

Yup. No man should have to kill his own son. Period.

Did you help Omid?

I grabbed him because he was gimping along and I figured the chick could handle herself. I was actually shocked when she fell behind thinking I pulled the wrong move and agreed that I shoulda saved the woman but she popped right back up and all was well. Does he die if you save the girl first?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#44  Edited By fobwashed

Btw, it was suuuuuuper dick/genius to have the game tell you Carley will remember what you said with a notification just prior to her eating a bullet. That little toast subliminally took her dying right then completely off the table.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TellTale needs to get their fucking shit together when it comes to the technical side of things. It took me opening and closing the game three times and restarting Steam twice to get my save to load properly, then I had to do so again when I needed to quit out of the game to do some homework for a bit. At the end, instead of a list of my choices I got "Choice Title I" through "Choice Title 5" instead of the choices listed. Now I'm worried I'm going to have to re-play this episode or maybe completely re-do the whole thing if the trend of more shit breaking each episode happens with the fourth as well.

Also, while some crazy shit happened and hard decisions were made, this was the weakest episode so far in my opinion. Still really good, though. (Maybe just soured about on this Ep. because of the technical issues...)

Anyways...

• Didn't shoot the girl, I felt awful but it seemed like a bad idea.
    • I wanted to put the gun to her head and fire without saying anything. Fuck Lilly. I knew that she was going to try to kill Carley once she made us get out of the RV, just wasn't sure if I would get to stop her or not. I LOVE YOU CARLEY. :(
    • I didn't fight Kenny, I've tried to side on him with everything, but fuck, dude. I'm playing another play-through once I'm done with this one (after all the episodes are out) and siding against him on everything because goddamn he is ridiculous.
    • Shot the kid, felt really bad for Kenny even after all his bullshit since the first episode.
    • Omid, but it wasn't really a conscious choice. He was in front, I clicked on him first. If I had chose, it would have been him, though. He was injured, she wasn't.
    Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Didn't shoot the girl, abandoned Lilly because fuck her Carley was my homie, talked Kenny down, shot Duck and grabbed Omid.

I don't have that hatred towards Kenny that some people do and I really felt shitty for him. And yeah I was in shock over Carley. I really liked her.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By happenstance

I shot the girl

I abandoned Lilly

I fought with Kenny

Shot Duck

I didnt help Omid

Damn this game, I spent most of it pissed with myself for letting Carley die. Is there a way to save her?

Also well done to Telltale as I havent liked Kenny's family throughout all of this and after the second episode I didnt like Kenny but they did a great job making me care in this episode.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AndrewB

Yep. I actually tried shooting the zombies first, but the bullets just miss.

Did you abandon Lilly?

Nope. But if you want to know what happens if you don't:

Did you fight Kenny?

I guess not? I didn't know this was a choice, so obviously I went down a different path.

Did you shoot Duck?

Yes. Playing as an entirely pacifist individual until this point, I chose to be the one to take out Duck. Not because I hated him with every fiber of my being, but because Kenny had been through enough by this point. I have never hesitated to take out a "walker."

Did you help Omid?

Yes again. This was an entirely reflexive decision. I'd hoped to have enough time to help them both if I had moved quickly enough.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AndrewB

@Driam said:

Abandon Lilly: You're goddamn right I did. Lady talked about not wanting to start a witch hunt back at the motel and then randomly shoots someone out of the blue on a hunch? That aint how we do things. Was kinda expecting Carley would eat it a some point, though. Telltale talks a mean game about the story being "tailored to how you play", but to keep making several different scenarios depending on whether Doug or Carley is alive? Naw, man. We gots ta save them munies and make our game on the cheap.

That's the part of games which present you with a choice that I don't like. I've always kind of been afraid of the same thing. When this happened, it really solidified my position. In fact, the second my Lee had a moment with Carley, I literally said aloud "oh no, that means she's gonna' die."

I play this game anticipating the direction the writers are going, not what decisions I would actually make.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.