Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released May 17, 2011

The sequel to 2007's critically acclaimed role-playing game, The Witcher. Players again take control of Geralt of Rivia in this story-focused adventure.

Easter Egg?

• 75 results
    phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By phrosnite
    @craigbo180 said:
    @phrosnite said:
    @Taklulas said:

@phrosnite said:

I'm not an Assassin's Creed fan but I think this is kind of lame... don't take jabs at games who are universally acclaimed and sold 9 mil, 9 mil, 7.8 mil.

WHY U MAD THO?
    I'm not mad and just think it's lame. I would never do such a thing even to my most hated game.
    You are a little bit mad though aren't you, bro?
    There are better ways to do an "homage" to a game. This is just making fun of AC. Again... I'm not an AC fan. I gave AC1 6/10 and I haven't played the rest.
    Avatar image for myelbowsfelloff
    MyElbowsFellOff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MyElbowsFellOff
    @Tennmuerti said:
    There is also an elf named Drizzt sitting in the bar in the first town :)
    Probably just the PC from Baldur's Gate 2 posing as Drizzt.
    roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By roborobb

Ooohh sick burrnn! Oh no you didn't!

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By Sambambo

@phrosnite said:

@craigbo180 said:
    @phrosnite said:
    @Taklulas said:

@phrosnite said:

I'm not an Assassin's Creed fan but I think this is kind of lame... don't take jabs at games who are universally acclaimed and sold 9 mil, 9 mil, 7.8 mil.

WHY U MAD THO?
    I'm not mad and just think it's lame. I would never do such a thing even to my most hated game.
    You are a little bit mad though aren't you, bro?
    There are better ways to do an "homage" to a game. This is just making fun of AC. Again... I'm not an AC fan. I gave AC1 6/10 and I haven't played the rest.

Have you ever had interaction with other humans, face to face?

It is in no way offensive.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Reading through this thread, I hope to God that nobody tries to poke a little fun at phrosnite in real life or else all hell will break loose.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By phrosnite

Hahahhahah! What's up with the thread necros these days. Jesus, people, don't you have anything else to do?

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

#57  Edited By Danteveli

nah but you puting it back on top of the list helps

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Sambambo

@phrosnite said:

Hahahhahah! What's up with the thread necros these days. Jesus, people, don't you have anything else to do?

The game has been re-released, I doubt many people look at the date of a post at the top of the page.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By mordukai

@Contro said:

I found it funny, I hope there's more stuff like that later on .

Ohh there is.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By phrosnite

@SuperSambo said:

@phrosnite said:

The game has been re-released, I doubt many people look at the date of a post at the top of the page.

You don't have to look at hte date at the top of the page... the past poster! 11 months ago.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sambambo

@phrosnite said:

@SuperSambo said:

@phrosnite said:

You don't have to look at hte date at the top of the page... the past poster! 11 months ago.

My last poster was 2 hours ago.

The thread is still relevant however, and your overreaction is on show to more people.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By valrog

So, did someone just necro this thread because someone made a thread about same Easter egg? Seriously people?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CL60

@SuperSambo said:

@phrosnite said:

@SuperSambo said:

@phrosnite said:

My last poster was 2 hours ago.

The thread is still relevant however, and your overreaction is on show to more people.

I didn't see his overreaction when it was originally posted. I'm glad I've been granted the opportunity to see it.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#64  Edited By WalkerTR77

Just got Witcher 2 this morning and spotted this. Is there any benefit to the assassin attribute? I saw the notification flash up on the screen but I didn't get a feel for what it meant.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By RedRoach

@WalkerTR77: When you go to the ability screen with the 4 different tree's press "Y" to go to your attributes, I think it is. But it will show you all of your stat bonuses, monster knowledge and one of them is a list of these one off things you get for different reasons, Assassin being one of them that gives you a bonus to hitting enemies in the back.

DBHErazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DBHErazor

@WalkerTR77 said:

Just got Witcher 2 this morning and spotted this. Is there any benefit to the assassin attribute? I saw the notification flash up on the screen but I didn't get a feel for what it meant.

Naah, it´s just a funny easter egg =)

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SuperWristBands

@DBHErazor said:

@WalkerTR77 said:

You get 25% more damage with a backstab. Go to your skill tree and I think you hit "Y", then look around and you will find your attributes.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SuperWristBands said:

@DBHErazor said:

@WalkerTR77 said:

You get 25% more damage with a backstab. Go to your skill tree and I think you hit "Y", then look around and you will find your attributes.

So that is where that came from. 
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By WalkerTR77

@Jason_Bourne: Thanks, I had no idea. I was getting messages saying I gained experience from fighting certain monsters and looking for that info in the journal under enemies, now I know where that is too.

2HeadedNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By 2HeadedNinja

@WalkerTR77 said:

I think it gives you +25% damage on attacks from behind.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By valrog

@DBHErazor said:

@WalkerTR77 said:

You get the Assassin Ability. There's a whole bunch of different character abilities you can unlock by doing "hidden" things.

DBHErazor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By DBHErazor

@valrog said:

@DBHErazor said:

@WalkerTR77 said:

You get the Assassin Ability. There's a whole bunch of different character abilities you can unlock by doing "hidden" things.

Oh, I didnt know about that, since I always had the assassin ability before I just sposed it was there by default =)

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By PokeIkzai

Holy crap... some people just don't know how to take a joke. I feel sorry for the friends of people like that.

mak_wikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mak_wikus
    @valrog said:

@DBHErazor said:

@WalkerTR77 said:

Yeah, like (Very minor spoilers for the Prologue and the beggining of Chapter 1.)

I'm not sure if there's anything else. Can't remember.
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By valrog

@mak_wikus said:

@valrog said:

@DBHErazor said:

@WalkerTR77 said:

Yeah, like (Very minor spoilers for the Prologue and the beggining of Chapter 1.)
    Cover(+10% damage reduction) when you get to Flotsam without stepping out of the forcefield and Strongback(+50 weight limit), when you spare Aryan and then carry him out of the dungeon.
    I'm not sure if there's anything else. Can't remember.

There's more than one would think. Like destroying training dummies, redirecting arrows, even interrupting Geralt when he's disarming a trap. A lot of things you do (Some more covert to find out than others) can earn you special bonuses.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.