Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 24, 2014

A sequel to the original Theatrhythm with more songs, characters, and gameplay modes, including two-player versus.

So I was going to get the original game...

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

So I have a 3ds, and I wanted to get theatrhythm. Just as I was thinking I should pick it up I see a trailer for Theatrhythm curtain call.... and curtain call seems better in every way!

So the question is this, would it make more sense to wait a year for the upgrade, or just buy the original theatrhythm now and see if I still want to play the upgrade in a year?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@techhits: I think the original is a good, fun game worthy of the price you can pick it up for now. If this was coming out next month I'd say wait, but it'll be a while until we see it so I say go ahead.

I'm unsure on whether CC will feature all of the songs from theatrhythm though. If it does it makes this game less worth picking up now but spending $25 and then upgrading in 9 months isn't that bad.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By squiDc00kiE

@techhits: the original is f2p on mobile. You could try it out there

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@petiew said:

@techhits: I think the original is a good, fun game worthy of the price you can pick it up for now. If this was coming out next month I'd say wait, but it'll be a while until we see it so I say go ahead.

I'm unsure on whether CC will feature all of the songs from theatrhythm though. If it does it makes this game less worth picking up now but spending $25 and then upgrading in 9 months isn't that bad.

From what I understand, all of the music in the original game will be in Curtain Call, but what I haven't heard is whether that accounts for the entire catalogue of songs included in the game as well as the DLC tracks, or just the initial song selection.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@techhits: the original is f2p on mobile. You could try it out there

Good to know, but I'm not so much unsure if I'll like the game. Rather if I should bother when a superior version is coming out in a year.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

@techhits: @hailinel: Did anyone ever figure out if it's worth getting the first game if you have Curtain Call? I actually have both but I'm wondering if I should give the first one to my brother. I haven't played a ton of the first game and don't have any of the DLC either.

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@techhits: @hailinel: Did anyone ever figure out if it's worth getting the first game if you have Curtain Call? I actually have both but I'm wondering if I should give the first one to my brother. I haven't played a ton of the first game and don't have any of the DLC either.

Nah if you're going to get one just get Curtain Call, it has most of the songs from the original plus the DLC they released.

nophilip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

@mormonwarrior: Yeah, there's basically zero reason to buy the original anymore. There's almost no unique content to that game. Curtain Call is better in every single way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.