So I was going to get the original game...

#1 Posted by TechHits (1378 posts) -

So I have a 3ds, and I wanted to get theatrhythm. Just as I was thinking I should pick it up I see a trailer for Theatrhythm curtain call.... and curtain call seems better in every way!

So the question is this, would it make more sense to wait a year for the upgrade, or just buy the original theatrhythm now and see if I still want to play the upgrade in a year?

#2 Posted by Petiew (1349 posts) -

@techhits: I think the original is a good, fun game worthy of the price you can pick it up for now. If this was coming out next month I'd say wait, but it'll be a while until we see it so I say go ahead.

I'm unsure on whether CC will feature all of the songs from theatrhythm though. If it does it makes this game less worth picking up now but spending $25 and then upgrading in 9 months isn't that bad.

#3 Edited by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

@techhits: the original is f2p on mobile. You could try it out there

#4 Posted by Hailinel (24856 posts) -

@petiew said:

@techhits: I think the original is a good, fun game worthy of the price you can pick it up for now. If this was coming out next month I'd say wait, but it'll be a while until we see it so I say go ahead.

I'm unsure on whether CC will feature all of the songs from theatrhythm though. If it does it makes this game less worth picking up now but spending $25 and then upgrading in 9 months isn't that bad.

From what I understand, all of the music in the original game will be in Curtain Call, but what I haven't heard is whether that accounts for the entire catalogue of songs included in the game as well as the DLC tracks, or just the initial song selection.

#5 Posted by TechHits (1378 posts) -

@techhits: the original is f2p on mobile. You could try it out there

Good to know, but I'm not so much unsure if I'll like the game. Rather if I should bother when a superior version is coming out in a year.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.