Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiberium

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Tiberium was the second attempt at a first person shooter set in the Command & Conquer universe. Publisher EA Games canceled the project in September 2008, citing quality concerns.

So much for this.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jigen

Yea I saw this too.  Nothing of value was lost.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Yeah, I heard that today.  Kinda pisses me off, because man...it had a LOT of potential.  And let's face it:  EA needs to put out a good FPS to try and compete in that market.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    Jigen said:
    "Yea I saw this too.  Nothing of value was lost."
    Really?  The idea of having one gun that takes care of all your needs, thereby eliminating the need for inventories of guns in games?  How about the potential of an excellent Command & Conquer narrative?
    I hate EA haters.  *ugh*
    Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jigen
    jakob187 said:
    "Jigen said:
    Really?  The idea of having one gun that takes care of all your needs, thereby eliminating the need for inventories of guns in games?  How about the potential of an excellent Command & Conquer narrative?
    I hate EA haters.  *ugh*
    "
    I don't hate EA, but I didn't think the game looked like it would turn out to be any good.  One gun that is the only gun you use?  Excuse to make a single gun model.

Besides that there's already been a C&C FPS game that wasn't so great, and I don't feel that C&C really needs more narrative.
    CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CactusWolf
    Jigen said:
    I don't know. Could've been interesting I guess. It had potential, though I didn't have an immense amount of hope for it.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jayge_
    Jigen said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "Jigen said:
    I hate EA haters.  *ugh*
    "
    I don't hate EA, but I didn't think the game looked like it would turn out to be any good.  One gun that is the only gun you use?  Excuse to make a single gun model.

Besides that there's already been a C&C FPS game that wasn't so great, and I don't feel that C&C really needs more narrative."
    There were multiple models for each variation of use for that one gun, but ok.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Vinchenzo
    jakob187 said:
    "Jigen said:
    I hate EA haters.  *ugh*
    "
    A gun that takes care of all your needs? Sounds like a rip off of the Grav Gun from HL! (Seriously though, don't flame me I know they're both different.)
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dalai

Ea did good... the world doesn't need another half-baked shooter, especially one based off a real-time strategy.

vaultdweller13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By vaultdweller13

I enjoyed C&C: Renegade.  It was cool to see the C&C universe from the FPS perspective, and the multiplayer was interesting.  Too bad this got axed.

Also, if anything a gun that serves multiple uses just reminds me of The Gunman Chronicles, which was also pretty fun.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187

I still wish this game would get revived and have some serious work done on it.  The Command and Conquer universe has a very rich backstory to everything that is happening.  The idea of a single gun that converts to many guns would've been such a nice change of pace.  They could've put a very strong multiplayer component into this game as well.

Plus, with what we now know about Mirror's Edge (which granted, the game wasn't GREAT, but it was ballsy at least and interesting), Dead Space (fucking AMAZING), Skate 2 (far better than the first one, and I actually LIKE Skate 2), and everything else...

...I don't know about you guys, but it would be nice to see EA pick this back up somewhere down the line.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Whats funny is how this game didn't meet EA standards, i mean you can dig a hole in the ground, and shit in it and still meet EA standards....let alone it had so much development cycle how does EA know what the game would have become? EA is simply one of the problems with the gaming industry as a whole.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Snail

EA's fucked up... Woah this is 4 months old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.