Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jun 08, 2009

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the latest edition of the perennial golf series, brought to you by EA Sports and EA Tiburon. The Wii version can be played with the Motion Plus adapter, while the 360 and PS3 versions utilize analog sticks for club control.

PS3/360 players - love your golf? You will get the Wii version?

• 55 results
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Ineedaname
    @oldschool said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " @oldschool said:
    For the record, I don't care about sport games, but I am curious as to why anyone would not have a Wii for sport games now.
    These were your words aswell, and it's personal preference surely, I have pro on Wii and don't play it much, but I did have it on PS3 which I played a lot more.                                                                                                                          I've not played tiger woods so can't comment. But did the tennis games turn out any good?Other than that 2 games hardly makes it the definitive console.And so you know my comments weren't calling you a fanboy or anything like that I was merely commenting towards the statement. "
    That first sentence is 100% correct and I would even attempt to argue against it.

There is nothing wrong with my sentence you quoted as well.  It merely poses a question to which only an individual can answer - for themselves.  As for the definitive console, that is about sport games now and into the forseeable future.  Call it predictive in nature.  It is also about the fact that if you love sport games, then why would you not have a console that does certain sports better and more fun than the others?  

I still believe that a real gamer has as many consoles as their wallet can afford.  You buy the games that you enjoy and denying the greatness of all the consoles is taking some irrational dislike to stupid levels.  I have a 360 for the games the Wii cannot deliver.  I have a Wii for the games the 360 cannot deliver.  I will have a PS3 when the price is better, for the exclusives that no-one else can deliver.
    "
    I have to say these paragraphs alone have changed my opinion of you as I do agree with most of that, I do have all 3 consoles, as you say part of the reason is there's something that appeals to me on all, personal preference in game taste leads me to a different on at a different time. But maybe it was the wording of the original comment that got misinterpreted somewhere in there then.
    spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By spiredcrescent

I usually dont like simulation sports games, but i have fun with madden on the wii, guess because it feels easier

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By iamjohn
    @oldschool said:
    " @Drebin_893 said:
    " Then you shouldn't have quoted him. You also shouldn't be patronising, especially when you're wrong. Which is wierd because I've always liked you and think you're a really intelligent guy. "
    I quoted him because he referenced the 'definitive' word.  I then posted the reviews as 2 of them used that term.  If I am wrong, then so are they.  I am not wrong and I do apologise if I appear patronising - words always have difficulty conveying intent.  John has a history of flaming me and I have no intention of getting dragged down by him.
    "
    I don't think you actually read what I said, oldschool.  I said in the quote "no one is debating whether or not Tiger Woods for Wii is the definitive version" because I think the general consensus has always been that the Wii version is the best one.  My problem has never been with that so much as the way the OP is written you come off as incredibly condescending towards and attempting to flamebait people who would be picking up the game on PS3 or 360.  If that wasn't your intent then I'm sorry and I take back what I said; you just need to write it a bit better. :)
    Ross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By Ross
    @oldschool said:
    " @Drebin_893 said:
    " Then you shouldn't have quoted him. You also shouldn't be patronising, especially when you're wrong. Which is wierd because I've always liked you and think you're a really intelligent guy. "
    I quoted him because he referenced the 'definitive' word.  I then posted the reviews as 2 of them used that term.  
    If I am wrong, then so are they.  I am not wrong and I do apologise if I appear patronising - words always have difficulty conveying intent.  John has a history of flaming me and I have no intention of getting dragged down by him. "
    So are you saying that all reviews should be followed 100%?  The reviewers are always right?  I've played some pretty good games that have received ratings of 6s and 7s that are better than some 8s and 9s.  No one should ever put all of their faith in how good a game is to a reviewer.  Metroid Prime received fantastic reviews and I couldn't get into it.  Reviews are opinions about games, not facts.  
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By Linkyshinks

Wii version for the clear win on Tiger 10, there's enough praise out there to suggest it's considerably better than the other versions in every way except for visuals that mean little.

As far as Virtua Tennis though, no way, the next gen versions are far better, but only because the effort that went into Virtua Tennis Wii was shockingly bad. SEGA gave it to Sumo Digital who did a terrible job of implimenting decent motion controls. It was almost like they were adding them at the last moment in order to meet expectations. Vitua Tennis Wii looks terrible.

Tiger Wii 10 is considerably better, but Virtua Tennis is far from being as good as other versions. However, Grand Slam Tennis may well be the best Tennis game released this year.

On the other dull matter of the this thread, I find it comedic that some take offense by the nature this thread, especially given thewording used by Oldschool. I have seen countless threads on this forum clearly conceived with the only of aim of trolling the Wii and it's games, and the language used within them is far more direct in conveying a certain opinion. As soon as someone posts a positive story, the trolls all rush in and attempt to dismiss the merits of the game even when good hard evidence of it being notably better ...

GameSpy
    Tiger Woods 10 on the Wii is the definitive golf game. Beyond the high level of immersion from the Motion Plus controls, and the many months worth of entertaining game modes, this version welcomes the widest ever audience to a "sim" sports game. EA is leveraging the Wii perfectly. 
    GamingXP
    With 27 courses, an entire army of game modes, create a player, PGA Tour Season, online head to head play, online tournaments, Play the Pros, frisbee golf, party modes, improved graphics, and the icing on the cake, Wii Motion Plus controls, there is no doubt that Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the best version of the game available on any console. 
    1UP
    With the addition of MotionPlus, Woods 10 on the Wii is a fantastic golfing videogame, besting its console counterparts because of its control options, extra courses, party game modes, and Frolf. Not to mention, it's casual friendly for anyone to play, but with enough difficulty options for the hardcore to stay interested. It's almost hard to imagine it getting better than this for the foreseeable future. 
    IGN
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for Wii is the definitive golf game. It's filled to the top with content, sports spectacular controls enhanced by MotionPlus, and includes great Disc Golf and online modes. Seriously, this is an amazing package made all the better by the peripheral pack- in.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.