Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

TrackMania² Canyon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 14, 2011

The long-awaited full sequel to TrackMania is here! Drive fast and drift long in this crazy, physics-based fun racing game. Features gameplay similar to that of previous games in the series. The player can race on various tracks, with the ability to do stunts in various modes.

Now on Steam!

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Azteck

Wasn't it $20 when it was released originally? Not entirely sure how to feel about that.

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By samuraigarrin

No, I think it launched at $30.

Also, found out that the T2 version of Stadium is available for pre-order from Steam for $8.99, and you can download the open beta now for free.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/232910/

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By expensiveham

How come stadium is 10 bucks cheaper? Aren't these just diffrent environments, with diffrent tilesets and slightly diffrent handling? I have never played a trackmania game before, is there any reason to get Canyon rather than Stadium?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60061752a57
    deactivated-5e60061752a57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PSA: If you already have Canyon, your key should hook right into Steam.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Karsh

Stadium is the most basic Trackmania environment (granted, 'basic' in the Trackmania universe still means tons of loops and wall rides). During the last wave of Trackmania games, the Stadium environment was free and the only environment in Trackmania Nations. Trackmania United had the other 6 environments but was much less popular because of its $40 price tag.

You can check out the Trackmania 2 Stadium environment for free right now, click 'Download Demo' on Steam and you'll actually download the open beta client. I think there're some limitations, but hey, free Trackmania!

I'm trying to contact Jeff to see if he wants to top up the old dedicated server for Stadium. If not, I have access to a pretty decent VPS and may try hosting something myself.

sopachuco13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7  Edited By sopachuco13

I get paid today. I might try to get this this weekend.

What are the servers looking like? Are there people still playing this game? Should I just buy Trackmania Stadium instead?

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#8  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

Fun Fact: If you already own it, it looks like you can redeem your CD key from the purchase confirmation email and download it through steam!

Edit:
    Oh... looks like @bistromath mentioned that already. Whoops.

Kratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Kratch

I just bought this a couple weeks ago. There's not a ton of people still playing it, but I always found some servers with folks, and the game is still crazy amounts of fun. I'm hoping that putting it on Steam and the Stadium beta will get more people back into it. It's a blast.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By abendlaender
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The community has also dropped off hasn't it? And the giant bomb server is no more either eh?

samuraigarrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By samuraigarrin
    abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By abendlaender
    hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Oh sweet i already lost he key once was pain to get back now its less of a worry.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#15  Edited By fox01313

Would have been excited for this if it was solid as Trackmania United, after hearing Jeff talking about how much they keep messing up the servers or other things just turns me back to going into United if I want more Trackmania.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank god. I had an awful issue of having a small 60gig boot SSD and the ubi installer FORCES 60-70% of the install to be on the boot drive so I have had to miss out on TM action for a while.
    lets hope stadium and Valley can get enough hype to bring back the launch activity that this game once had.

dandead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An intresting little side note is that you can also activate your shootmania storm key in to steam now too :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optix12 said:

@bistromath said:

Thank god. I had an awful issue of having a small 60gig boot SSD and the ubi installer FORCES 60-70% of the install to be on the boot drive so I have had to miss out on TM action for a while.

lets hope stadium and Valley can get enough hype to bring back the launch activity that this game once had.

Get hype.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. Now I have to figure out which hoops to jump through to find my key.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bistromath said:

Awesome. Now I have to figure out which hoops to jump through to find my key.

Search for "maniaplanet" in your email. Your confirmation email in purchasing Canyon should have the key at the bottom of the email.

DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#21  Edited By DjCmeP

Yes! Finally! Updating Shootmania and Trackmania was painful every time I started up the games, now I can update them before I want to play the games. Yes, you can add Shootmania retail keys to steam too.

EDIT: I haven't played TM2 or Shootmania for about 5 months so I definitely will be going to some servers tomorrow. Is the GB server still up for TM2?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By JJOR64

Thanks for the heads up. Bought the game at their site. Getting it through Steam right now. After it finishes installing, I'll just uninstall the other one.

ramboknife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

Search for "maniaplanet" in your email. Your confirmation email in purchasing Canyon should have the key at the bottom of the email.

Thanks, this helped me find it. Not sure if I'll ever want to play the game again but it's nice to have it on my Steam account.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bistromath said:

Thanks, this helped me find it. Not sure if I'll ever want to play the game again but it's nice to have it on my Steam account.

Rock on! Thanks, duder :D

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

@karsh said:

I'm trying to contact Jeff to see if he wants to top up the old dedicated server for Stadium. If not, I have access to a pretty decent VPS and may try hosting something myself.

If Jeff doesn't, I might consider looking into whatever he did last time. I'd like to see this community rebound with good racing and plenty of bad spectacular dubstep.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sad my code from my e-mail doesn't work. Anyone else having issues redeeming the code into steam??

Avatar image for skullcrushermountain
    SkullcrusherMountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg: You convinced me to buy it. Good work, pseg.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pseg said:

@karsh said:

If Jeff doesn't, I might consider looking into whatever he did last time. I'd like to see this community rebound with good racing and plenty of bad spectacular dubstep.

Jeff used TrackmaniaServer.Org, a somewhat-managed dedicated host with a pretty good web interface. If you're interested in paying for it (or want to spearhead a donation drive or whatever) then it's probably the best solution.

Jeff is waiting to see how quickly the track building community gets to work on Stadium before he reups the Original Classic server. For now, I'm up for trying to get a server running off of my VPS if you'd rather not pay for it.

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By trace

@karsh: Huh, that's reasonably affordable -- thanks for that. I guess my willingness to buy a server might be impacted by the success of your VPS experiment, though.

Kind of silly that servers can't easily swap between Canyon and Stadium maps in a cycle, though not entirely unexpected. If that's completely the case, it makes the idea of two concurrent GB servers rather tempting.

Karsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Karsh

Server's up, look for Giant Bomb Unofficial Classic.

Working on making it not suck right now. It's just on the TMStadiumA tracklist right now, which kinda bites.

edit: Thread for the server here

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#31  Edited By bobafettjm

Had a bunch of fun on the server tonight, but man oh man am I rusty at TrackMania.

goatmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rentfn said:

Sad my code from my e-mail doesn't work. Anyone else having issues redeeming the code into steam??

Yes. I emailed Ubisoft support and was told my code isn't valid and I'd need to buy the game again. Awesome support service.

goatmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By goatmilk
    @rentfn said:

Yes. I emailed Ubisoft support and was told my code isn't valid and I'd need to buy the game again. Awesome support service.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.