Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Trine

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jul 02, 2009

Trine is a fantasy 2D side-scroller for PC and PlayStation 3 that lets you switch between three different characters to solve puzzles and find treasure.

I Don't Like Trine (Gasp!)

Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Figglesworth

I guess I am alone in this, but I really don't like this game.  Granted, I've only played the first 3 levels, but I just find it frustrating and irritating.  I do really like the games style and graphics (though the 2D art is crap), but there's a lack of finesse to the controls (again, because of the physics model)  that leads to a lot of cheap deaths.   The thief's grappling hook is probably the worst offender; it shoots through things, disconnects while I am swinging over spike pits and aiming it is awkward (on keyboard and mouse anyway).   Maybe it gets better when I level up more and learn new abilities, but as of right now I am not compelled to play any further.

Figglesworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Figglesworth

I guess I am alone in this, but I really don't like this game.  Granted, I've only played the first 3 levels, but I just find it frustrating and irritating.  I do really like the games style and graphics (though the 2D art is crap), but there's a lack of finesse to the controls (again, because of the physics model)  that leads to a lot of cheap deaths.   The thief's grappling hook is probably the worst offender; it shoots through things, disconnects while I am swinging over spike pits and aiming it is awkward (on keyboard and mouse anyway).   Maybe it gets better when I level up more and learn new abilities, but as of right now I am not compelled to play any further.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Yeah, I can see that. I never got the game soley because of critics complaining about the frustrating values, and the physics are a bit strange. And also, it almost wants to have the same effect as braid, but there honestly is nothing compelling about the title...

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ghostiet

I find you to be the first person having a problem with Trine's controls on PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-135098
    deactivated-135098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

I thought Trine's controls were spot on. Actually, that's a high point in the game. They allow for incredible precision when manipulating objects. The thief's grapple does experience some clipping, yes, but that's merely a graphical problem. It shouldn't unhook unless you click again. 

If you don't like it now, you're probably not going to like it later on. Only the wizard's upgrades are significant, while the thief's and warrior's are very minor and rarely necessary.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake

I actually thought the game's controls were simple yet effective and that the graphics were lovely. I just finished it two weeks ago, although it is a good game, it wouldn't exactly give it a very high score like most critics seemed to have done. Good game but didn't create quite the impact I had hoped for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.