xon's Trine (PC) review

• xon wrote this review on .
  • xon has written a total of 14 reviews. The last one was for Alan Wake (Steam)

Fun...for a while

Trine tells a simple tale set in a fantasy world fabulously created full of colour and surprising detail.

Based on the positive reviews I expected quite a lot. Mostly the game kept me happy and entertained. I thought the puzzle elements were fun and switching between characters was a novel way of playing the game.

The control, though, are less than stellar. I bought the game to play with my wife, who hardly ever plays games, and it was simply too difficult for her to jump to the different platforms.

It persevered but in the end gave up, too. I pride myself in finished my games, but this got too repetitive, frequently frustrating with little pay-off.

Worth a look and maybe you'll have better luck and more fun than I did.