Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ubisoft Entertainment

Company »

Ubisoft Entertainment (pronounced yoo-bee-soft) is a French videogame developer and publisher, with its headquarters in Montreuil-Sous-Bois, France.

E3 2011 Live Blog: Ubisoft

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By mattbodega

Two Press Conferences down, and two to go as we hit the halfway point on this day before the proper start of E3.

Will Ubisoft reveal that rumored new entry in the Rainbow Six series? Will we see a gameplay demo for Assassin's Creed: Revelations? And how awesome will the new Rayman: Origins be? I hope it will be very awesome, but to find out for sure, we'll have to watch the Ubisoft Press Conference!

Click the link to watch the Ubisoft E3 Press Conference!

[3:49] And that's the end of the Ubisoft Press conference! We've got one more to go, but it's a big one: the Sony Press Conference, with more footage of Sony's NGP/Vita/handheld thing! We'll see you in an hour and 15 minutes for the Sony Press Conference, starting at 5:00 PM PST!

[3:46] What the hell was that Arch? That's the end of the Assassin's Creed: Revelations demo, which Ubisoft has confirmed for a Novermber release.

[3:42] Also new to Revelations: Flamethrower turrets.

[3:40] Ezio can now throw bombs at range. He tossed a bomb at two guards from a short distance, Ezio also has a hook he can use for zip lining.

[3:39] Templars don't hang Ezio. The first gameplay footage of Revelations is onscreen now. Constantinople is a very different looking city from Rome and the rest of Italy.

[3:36] A FMV trailer for Revelations is currently playing. Old Ezio is killing it.

[3:35] Assassin's Creed: Revelations is up next.

[3:34] These fake Ubisoft games look AWESOME. I would totally play them. They look like they were produced by the SuperBrothers dev.

[3:33] Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2 has been revealed. The game that was one of the showcases of the Kinect hardware has a sequel coming soon.

[3:32] I'll see YOU fools at the RockSmith Tour Bus!

[3:29] From dancing to music to playing music, Ubisoft is now showing Rocksmith. Dave Navarro LOVES Rocksmith.

[3:24] Just Dance 3! The series' first entry for Kinect and the Move. It'll will be interesting to see how this game performs against a franchise like Dance Central, which has no Wii foothold but is well established on Kinect.

[3:23} It's like those japanese game shows, but a video game! Also, I am loving that designer/producer's beard.

[3:22] Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking brings the Rabbids franchise to Kinect. It's another minigame collection. Those hoping this franchise was heading for better things with Rabbids Go Home will be sorely disappointed..

[3:20] Trackmania 2 hits the PC this September. That's soon!

[3:19] Trackmania 2 on screen now. Is that gameplay footage or an FMV sequence? I totally can't tell.

[3:18] I want to meet my BFF in Bray-Zil.

[3:17] ManiaPlanet! The successor to TrackMania comes to the stage.

[3:16] "Epic Fail." Gross.

[3:13] Future Soldier looks cool! And it's done. Replaced with a video of Ghost Recon Online, a Free-to-Play online Ghost Recon PC game. It looks like it's based on Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter tech.

[3:12] I wonder if that screen splitting effect is part of the game or a video function. It's a cool effect.

[3:08] The Future Soldier demo shows more of the technical functions and camo cloaking we saw from the demo last year.

[3:07] And now we turn to Future Soldier, the new Tom Clancy game. This is our first live gameplay demo of the game from the Press Conferences; all we saw at Microsoft was the Gunsmith functions.

[3:05] The joke is that the old games look obsolete, but I would totally play a strategy game based on that jokey isometric video.

[3:03] Tom Cah-lancy.

[3:01] Pitchford leaves the stage, replaced by a video with Steven Spielberg talking about an Ubisoft game based on the new Adventures of TinTin movie.

[2:59] Apparently Randy Pitchford is making an Inglorious Bastards game. Brothers in Arms: Furious Four is a new shooter that replaces the super serious tone of the previous games with a cartoonish battle against ridiculous Nazis.

[2:56] Randy Pitchford of Gearbox is at the Ubisoft press conference. He's reminded the audience that Ubisoft published the Brothers in Arms franchise, but this game is NOT Brothers in Arms.

[2:54] The definition of insanity... is Far Cry 3. Coming soon

[2:53] Could this be Far Cry 3?

[2:47] Ubisoft Montreal takes the stage to introduce... a game we haven't seen before?

[2:46] A lot of jumping, and a lot of Marin County in that Driver: SF trailer.

[2:45] John Tanner searches for his arch nemesis Jericho in Driver: San Francisco. Or a new NBC TV Show.

[2:42] This gentleman on stage is incredible. Making sex-based motion controller pick-up lines, saying "Dick" on television. What a guy!

[2:41] The Rayman Origins demo ends... and I just realized that Joel McHale isn't hosting the show this year. Huh!

[2:40] The game's traditional platforming sequences to a side scrolling shooter.

[2:39] Rayman and Globox are swinging on that guy's nose!

[2:38] Ancel and team have worked wonders with this 2D animation. Super charming.

[2:35] We're supposed to be impartial about coverage, but I am in love with this Rayman Origins demo. He's hopping on Teris blocks to get out of lava!

[2:32] Rayman Origins demo begins now!

[2:31] Ancel is setting up for his Rayman Origins demo, but not before he makes a joke about how no one can pronounce the name of his company.

[2:30] We're Live! Yves Guillemot takes the stage to welcome us to Ubisoft... and to bring Michel Ancel on stage.

[2;23] Will we finally see the return of Innergy? We'll find out in just a few minutes!

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattbodega

Two Press Conferences down, and two to go as we hit the halfway point on this day before the proper start of E3.

Will Ubisoft reveal that rumored new entry in the Rainbow Six series? Will we see a gameplay demo for Assassin's Creed: Revelations? And how awesome will the new Rayman: Origins be? I hope it will be very awesome, but to find out for sure, we'll have to watch the Ubisoft Press Conference!

Click the link to watch the Ubisoft E3 Press Conference!

[3:49] And that's the end of the Ubisoft Press conference! We've got one more to go, but it's a big one: the Sony Press Conference, with more footage of Sony's NGP/Vita/handheld thing! We'll see you in an hour and 15 minutes for the Sony Press Conference, starting at 5:00 PM PST!

[3:46] What the hell was that Arch? That's the end of the Assassin's Creed: Revelations demo, which Ubisoft has confirmed for a Novermber release.

[3:42] Also new to Revelations: Flamethrower turrets.

[3:40] Ezio can now throw bombs at range. He tossed a bomb at two guards from a short distance, Ezio also has a hook he can use for zip lining.

[3:39] Templars don't hang Ezio. The first gameplay footage of Revelations is onscreen now. Constantinople is a very different looking city from Rome and the rest of Italy.

[3:36] A FMV trailer for Revelations is currently playing. Old Ezio is killing it.

[3:35] Assassin's Creed: Revelations is up next.

[3:34] These fake Ubisoft games look AWESOME. I would totally play them. They look like they were produced by the SuperBrothers dev.

[3:33] Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2 has been revealed. The game that was one of the showcases of the Kinect hardware has a sequel coming soon.

[3:32] I'll see YOU fools at the RockSmith Tour Bus!

[3:29] From dancing to music to playing music, Ubisoft is now showing Rocksmith. Dave Navarro LOVES Rocksmith.

[3:24] Just Dance 3! The series' first entry for Kinect and the Move. It'll will be interesting to see how this game performs against a franchise like Dance Central, which has no Wii foothold but is well established on Kinect.

[3:23} It's like those japanese game shows, but a video game! Also, I am loving that designer/producer's beard.

[3:22] Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking brings the Rabbids franchise to Kinect. It's another minigame collection. Those hoping this franchise was heading for better things with Rabbids Go Home will be sorely disappointed..

[3:20] Trackmania 2 hits the PC this September. That's soon!

[3:19] Trackmania 2 on screen now. Is that gameplay footage or an FMV sequence? I totally can't tell.

[3:18] I want to meet my BFF in Bray-Zil.

[3:17] ManiaPlanet! The successor to TrackMania comes to the stage.

[3:16] "Epic Fail." Gross.

[3:13] Future Soldier looks cool! And it's done. Replaced with a video of Ghost Recon Online, a Free-to-Play online Ghost Recon PC game. It looks like it's based on Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter tech.

[3:12] I wonder if that screen splitting effect is part of the game or a video function. It's a cool effect.

[3:08] The Future Soldier demo shows more of the technical functions and camo cloaking we saw from the demo last year.

[3:07] And now we turn to Future Soldier, the new Tom Clancy game. This is our first live gameplay demo of the game from the Press Conferences; all we saw at Microsoft was the Gunsmith functions.

[3:05] The joke is that the old games look obsolete, but I would totally play a strategy game based on that jokey isometric video.

[3:03] Tom Cah-lancy.

[3:01] Pitchford leaves the stage, replaced by a video with Steven Spielberg talking about an Ubisoft game based on the new Adventures of TinTin movie.

[2:59] Apparently Randy Pitchford is making an Inglorious Bastards game. Brothers in Arms: Furious Four is a new shooter that replaces the super serious tone of the previous games with a cartoonish battle against ridiculous Nazis.

[2:56] Randy Pitchford of Gearbox is at the Ubisoft press conference. He's reminded the audience that Ubisoft published the Brothers in Arms franchise, but this game is NOT Brothers in Arms.

[2:54] The definition of insanity... is Far Cry 3. Coming soon

[2:53] Could this be Far Cry 3?

[2:47] Ubisoft Montreal takes the stage to introduce... a game we haven't seen before?

[2:46] A lot of jumping, and a lot of Marin County in that Driver: SF trailer.

[2:45] John Tanner searches for his arch nemesis Jericho in Driver: San Francisco. Or a new NBC TV Show.

[2:42] This gentleman on stage is incredible. Making sex-based motion controller pick-up lines, saying "Dick" on television. What a guy!

[2:41] The Rayman Origins demo ends... and I just realized that Joel McHale isn't hosting the show this year. Huh!

[2:40] The game's traditional platforming sequences to a side scrolling shooter.

[2:39] Rayman and Globox are swinging on that guy's nose!

[2:38] Ancel and team have worked wonders with this 2D animation. Super charming.

[2:35] We're supposed to be impartial about coverage, but I am in love with this Rayman Origins demo. He's hopping on Teris blocks to get out of lava!

[2:32] Rayman Origins demo begins now!

[2:31] Ancel is setting up for his Rayman Origins demo, but not before he makes a joke about how no one can pronounce the name of his company.

[2:30] We're Live! Yves Guillemot takes the stage to welcome us to Ubisoft... and to bring Michel Ancel on stage.

[2;23] Will we finally see the return of Innergy? We'll find out in just a few minutes!

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By leejunfan83

ubi

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Winternet

Ya-yay!

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Looking forward to the live blog.

Contra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Contra

come on good games

DeadPan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeadPan

Is it gonna be as bad as last year?

Hopefully cause that was great!

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By leejunfan83

soft

McBEEF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By McBEEF

From Dust info soon hopefully

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By mosdl

New AC game will be called AC:2002 to mark the new yearly releases

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By TepidShark

I hope for insanity at the Ubisoft press conference.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By Bollard

Thinking I'll just keep tabs on the Live Blog rather than watch this one...

Lambwisegamgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lambwisegamgee

woooooo FISTBUMP!!

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By leejunfan83

oh whats becoming of me

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By ReyGitano

@DeadPan said:

Is it gonna be as bad as last year?

Hopefully cause that was great!

I know some people find pleasure in it, but bad presentations just give me a pit that travels between my stomach and my heart.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Ubisoft usually have hilariously bad conferences, but they're bound to be showing a few really good titles this year. Assassins Creed, Rayman Origins and From Dust are looking amazing.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By leejunfan83

fucking hyped for the Vita conference

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By penguindust

I'm interested in Ghost Recon Future Warrior, but I admit, part of me wants to see something ridiculous like Ubi has done in the past. 

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By jkuc316

Now its Ubi's turn to convince me to buy AC:R.

I'm a big fan of the AC series, but this yearly thing makes me think this year will suck

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dingofighter

Trackmania!

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By blacklab

That's ooooooooooobi to you

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Toxin066

Come on, Come on, Rainbow Six Vegas 3...

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Winternet

Ze multiplaer

Lyfeforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lyfeforce

Wow, putting UPlay in the title cards? That seems kinda weird.

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By PLWolf

Yay You-Be-Soft

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bismarck

Ubi or not Ubi 

AND SO IT BEGINS

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Winternet

Yep. It's weird!

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dingofighter

I wonder if this will be available on EA's Origin service

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Crash_Happy

@leejunfan83: Or not Ubi?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#29  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Oh, man. Ubisoft just won for gayest moment of E3.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By UlquioKani

cheese fest. Fitting of the French publisher I guess

mrv321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mrv321

NEW CONSOLES... does that mean PS4?

blacklab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blacklab

Why does this presentation remind me of a Paul Simon video?

EDIT - Fucking Super Tetroid!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Winternet

This actually looks nice.

Hilts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Hilts

Rayman looks great!

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dingofighter

This looks really good.

And it keeps getting better.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By UlquioKani

that music is so pleasent

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#37  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Rayman Origins looks great!

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bismarck

the game looks awesome

Crash_Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Crash_Happy

Look they can slap each other?!!!??!

LittleBigRayman

kmg90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By kmg90
    Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
    alwaysbeclothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By alwaysbeclothing

NEED HARD HITTING KESSLER OPINIONS ON RAYMAN GAME

blusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By blusher

Hey look a game that actually features gameplay instead of scripted events and cutscenes.  That's quaint.

Hilts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hilts

If they spend the next hour playing rayman Id be down with that.

dynamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By dynamix

Epic Ubisoft chest!

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Bismarck

awww no more Shakespeare

Chindie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Chindie

That couldn't be much more French if it tried.

Well, without putting Rayman in white top with horizontal black stripes, a bunch of onions round his neck and a beret on his head.

Pyrgz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pyrgz

Who is this caffeine fool

gbpackers94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By gbpackers94

What's harder to watch: Ubisoft or the Situation trying to be funny?

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blackblade500

Rayman actually looks good

Avatar image for countinhallways
    countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By countinhallways

This guy. 

-_______- 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.