Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

UFC 2009 Undisputed

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released May 19, 2009

UFC 2009 Undisputed is a mixed martial arts fighting game developed by Yuke's Osaka, developers of the WWE SmackDown! games. It is the first UFC game to be released under the licensing agreement signed with THQ.

Anyone else put a hole in their hand wit hthis game?

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stealthdf2

Alright i have removed a layer of my skin by spinning the right stick to get out of/pull of submissions. i found using my thumb was useless as it was impossible to spin the stick fast enough to compete online. so i resorted to using the palm of my hand on the stick and i made my right hand really sore and switched to the left and i got a blister and now a hole in my hand. anyone else had this happen? I might have to get some lightweight gloves for this game haha

BAH how do i edit thread title? i have a typo there!

Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
    stealthdf2 said:
    Alright i have removed a layer of my skin by spinning the right stick to get out of/pull of submissions. ... [more]
    This reminds me of the days of Mario Party one. I remember my buddies and I ended up getting these old biking gloves whenever it came to the mini games which involved the incessant rotation of the control stick. You know the gloves I am  speaking of? The ones with the tips of each finger exposed.
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus
    I haven't removed a layer of skin from my hand since Mario Party 1. Tug O' War! I never wore a pussy glove, real kids developed callouses.
    Avatar image for parrapatehrappa
    ParrapatehRappa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ParrapatehRappa
    TooWalrus said:
    I haven't removed a layer of skin from my hand since Mario Party 1. Tug O' War! I never wore ... [more]
    Smart kids wear gloves in order to go bat shit crazy on their controller. LOL real kids.....XD
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus
    ParrapatehRappa said:
    TooWalrus said: I haven't removed a layer of skin from my hand since Mario Party 1. Tug O' War! I ... [more]
    I've got a N64 in the closet somewhere, I'll kick your ass even without the Bowser suit!
    BoxyBrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BoxyBrown56
    TooWalrus said:
    I haven't removed a layer of skin from my hand since Mario Party 1. Tug O' War! I never wore ... [more]
    i tore mine on the bike where you power up the light bulb before the boo gets you

also back when i was a button masher i tore it big time at a public arcade playing MvC
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By guiseppe

A friend of mine has a pretty messed up hand. I myself rely on brute force submissions.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Karmum

Yeah, this game is a bitch when it comes to the grappling on the ground and submissions. I hate trying to face submission-based fighters in career mode, but I have been successful with them in the past few matches. As a question THQ, your control scheme is seriously ass-backwards.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By lord_canti

no but street fighter did  :P

Jnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jnal

I use the buttons. I have gotten pretty good at moving the controller into position to use both thumbs to hit all 4 face buttons at once and moving back. I used the right stick at first but found the buttons to be way easier on the hands.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187

Wait a minute.  People use the PALM OF THEIR HAND?!  I just grab the analog stick like a joystick and persist to spinning it.  Works well, and I don't have to put a hole in my hand.

Also, I can guarantee that I've got the best single-button-mashing skills on the face of the planet.  Test Your Mights only take a matter of a second for me.  = D  I'm fucking quick, folks.
    Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Monopolized

You can't spin the joystick with your thumb, weak..

Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Subway

I've done it twice now unfortunately.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By ImperiousRix

I currently have the "mark of the submission fighter" on my right hand from spinning the stick so much to either submit guys or attempt escapes.  It effin' hurts!

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stealthdf2

yea i have 3 marks now that are almost healed. i found i can still spin the stick with the same motion and partof my hand but i just dont push down as hard and it doesnt burn my hand up

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By choffy21

God, the joints on my ring finger are super sore from having the analog stick get pressed in their constantly.

Doesn't do me any good, either. I always loose the submission...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.