Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Adam Sessler "best single player game i have ever played"

• 157 results
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Lard

Not a bad choice either. It is actually worth your time.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102  Edited By calidan777

The hype for the this game is mindboggling, it's Prince of Persia : Sands of Time all over again , lol

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Relys
    @borgmaster said:
    " being one of 5 dudes in the world who did not enjoy the first uncharted, I gotta say this hype or buzz or whatever combination of the two is getting ridiculous.  The first one had great graphics, lighting, animation, voice-acting, set pieces, etc. but when it came time to play it like a game it turned to a bucket of piss. And so far I haven't seen much of anything that indicates the second won't be the same way, from what I've seen its only bigger in scope and more refined in what it did right the first time. Until I here Ryan "the-only-other-person-I-know-of-who-didn't-like-it" Davis call it good I ain't givin' it a chance.  now how's THAT for an opinion? not so easy to defend when it's negative, ain't it? "
    Don't worry, it's just you. :)

The gameplay was like Assassins Creed + Resident Evil 4 combined... What the fuck is wrong with you? Even if you hate the gameplay, EVERY other aspect was amazing..

I hated the turn based combat system, with random encounters with old RPGs, but that didn't stop me from fully enjoying everything else about the game.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Lard said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Lard said:
    " @joelalfaro said:

" I'd like to add that Adam Sessler is generally respected as a journalist... "

Since when?  Honestly, it's too bad ND gimped the single player mode by throwing in pointless multiplayer.   It's really disappointing, because I was genuinely looking forward to this game, and loved the first one. "
    seriously, are you stuck in the past or some shit. this is what all the morons were saying when ND first announced they would have MP in U2. Despite the fact that they went and hired a separate staff to work on the MP, everyone still had doubted ND. Now with reviews pouring in giving this game perfect scores, 9/10's etc, all RAVING about the amazing SP experiece, you still say something retarded like that?! "
    This game *did not* need multiplayer.  Playing the multiplayer proved that to me.

And reviews? Yes, reviews are *always* right - as evidenced, for example,  by the perfect scores for GTA 4 and Famitsu's perfect score for Nintendogs.  /sarcasm "
    So what if i did not NEED it (which i think it did so it would have a longer lasting replay value) it doesn't mean that by making the MP it "gimped" the SP at all! and ya know what, don't buy the fucking game sheesh. quit bitchin. 
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Lard
    @calidan777 said:
    " The hype for the this game is mindboggling, it's Prince of Persia : Sands of Time all over again , lol "
    Nah, I'd say it's Assassin's Creed all over again, and that's the worst game of this gen.

@TwoOneFive said:
     "So what if i did not NEED it (which i think it did so it would have a longer lasting replay value) it doesn't mean that by making the MP it "gimped" the SP at all! and ya know what, don't buy the fucking game sheesh. quit bitchin.  "

I'd rather have had a longer, complete single player game than a pointless multiplayer.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#106  Edited By Warfare
    @Lard said:

" @calidan777 said:

" The hype for the this game is mindboggling, it's Prince of Persia : Sands of Time all over again , lol "
    Nah, I'd say it's Assassin's Creed all over again, and that's the worst game of this gen.

@TwoOneFive said:
     "So what if i did not NEED it (which i think it did so it would have a longer lasting replay value) it doesn't mean that by making the MP it "gimped" the SP at all! and ya know what, don't buy the fucking game sheesh. quit bitchin.  "
    I'd rather have had a longer, complete single player game than a pointless multiplayer. "
     who's to say that the single player isn't complete.  
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Lard

It's obvious.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By calidan777
    @Lard said:
    " It's obvious. "
    What's obvious? That the single player isn't complete? How the hell could you know that? The multiplayer is definitely not  pointless, it's actually very  good. oh and I disagree about Assassin's Creed, personally I thought it was excellent.
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Lard
    @calidan777 said:

" oh and I disagree about Assassin's Creed, personally I thought it was excellent. "
    That would explain why you think Uncharted has a complete single player mode.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#110  Edited By Meowayne
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    " Do remind me, does this game offer anything besides guns and explosions? "
    If you played the original you'd know character and plot development is a massive part of the experience. This one has more platforming too -- so the reviews have said.  Aside from that -- lots of guns and explosions. ;) "
    Yeah, but plot and character development in video games in 99% of cases is one big embarrasment. I expect this happens mostly in cutscenes or "people talking to each other while shooting dudes"?
    gamer4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#111  Edited By gamer4life
    @borgmaster:
    i think ryan gave it an 8.5 when he was over at gamespot, so i dont really think he didnt like it...  thats a pretty good score
    borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#112  Edited By borgmaster
    @Relys: the problem was that the crap part was around more often than the good parts

@gamer4life: alright then, the only other person who is not completely enthused.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Meowayne: And Uncharted is in the remaining 1% where it was actually done well. Most agree.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @Lard said:
    " @calidan777 said:

" oh and I disagree about Assassin's Creed, personally I thought it was excellent. "
    That would explain why you think Uncharted has a complete single player mode. "
    Dude, I think they hired a seperate team to develop the multiplayer mode, specifically so that they could completely focus on the single player experience. I don't see how the experience could possibly be incomplete with that bit of knowledge. Anyway, game looks excellent. I still need to pick up the first one though, especially since it's 30 bucks now. I'm looking forward to a GB review now.  =)
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Lard
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " Dude, I think they hired a seperate team to develop the multiplayer mode, specifically so that they could completely focus on the single player experience. I don't see how the experience could possibly be incomplete with that bit of knowledge. Anyway, game looks excellent. I still need to pick up the first one though, especially since it's 30 bucks now. I'm looking forward to a GB review now.  =) "
    The whole team should have been working to provide a good, solid, lengthy single player mode. 
    They didn't do that. Instead they split up their teams and had one work on a pointless, superfluous mode that didn't need to be made, as well as work on pointless features like twitter, instead of concentrating on making a good, single player experience. 

They fucked up - plain and simple.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Warfare
    @Lard said:

" @SathingtonWaltz said:

" Dude, I think they hired a seperate team to develop the multiplayer mode, specifically so that they could completely focus on the single player experience. I don't see how the experience could possibly be incomplete with that bit of knowledge. Anyway, game looks excellent. I still need to pick up the first one though, especially since it's 30 bucks now. I'm looking forward to a GB review now.  =) "
    The whole team should have been working to provide a good, solid, lengthy single player mode.  They didn't do that. Instead they split up their teams and had one work on a pointless, superfluous mode that didn't need to be made, as well as work on pointless features like twitter, instead of concentrating on making a good, single player experience.   They fucked up - plain and simple. "
    Are you passing judgement on a game you have not played ?  
    Or have you played the game? 
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Lard

I played the multi-player demo, and it proved to me that they should have focused on a single player game.

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Warfare
    @Lard said:

" I played the multi-player demo, and it proved to me that they should have focused on a single player game. "

Well i don't judge a games single player by it's multiplayer demo but to each his own.    
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Lard

I can tell what kind of game the single player is going to be by the fact they didn't put their full set of resources into it.

Gimped.

X360_boner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By X360_boner

Games  Adam Sessler hasn't played: Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Crackdown

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By calidan777
    @Lard said:
    " @calidan777 said:

That would explain why you think Uncharted has a complete single player mode. "
    I never said it had a complete single player mode since I've never played it, and I'll ask again, how do you know that the single player campaign is not  complete?
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Lard
    @calidan777 said:
     "I never said it had a complete single player mode since I've never played it, and I'll ask again, how do you know that the single player campaign is not  complete? "
    *sigh*

Do I need to spell it out in Lite Brite letters for you?

Uncharted 2 having a multiplayer mode gimps the single player mode.
    Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Warfare
    @X360_boner said:

" Games  Adam Sessler hasn't played: Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Crackdown

"
     Why does it hurt  ?  
    calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By calidan777
    @Lard said:
    " @calidan777 said:
     "I never said it had a complete single player mode since I've never played it, and I'll ask again, how do you know that the single player campaign is not  complete? "
    *sigh*  Do I need to spell it out in Lite Brite letters for you?  Uncharted 2 having a multiplayer mode gimps the single player mode. "
    That's a fucking retarded statement that makes absolutely no sense. By your logic nobody has ever made a game with both good single player AND multiplayer, which is  of course , absurd.
    thefreshmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By thefreshmaker
    @calidan777:  Lard is a troll and has no common sense--not a great combination.  Just best to let him wallow in his pool of stupidity.
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Lard

I'm glad to see everyone else is keen to post insults and no facts.

Just proves I'm right.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By calidan777
    @TheFreshmaker said:
    " @calidan777:  Lard is a troll and has no common sense--not a great combination.  Just best to let him wallow in his pool of stupidity. "
    lol, advice taken : )
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#128  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Lard:
    I don't think Naughty dog would ever make the single player portion of the game any less than it should be by devoting a certain percentage of it's staff to multiplayer. Now I get that Jak X combat racing is not the best of the ND developed games but it still  has a wonderfully constructed story, cutscenes and pretty fun racing/combat. on top of a pretty lengthy solo campaign/story they added some pretty fun multiplayer with online support (PS2, that is) and it is 100%  not some quick add on. I believe they have done the same thing with uncharted... The single player  game mechanics completely lend themself to multiplayer so why not...if anything the MP will suffer due to the  really focussed single player experience. your "gimp"ing comments make absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#129  Edited By randiolo
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Lard
    @marioncobretti said:
    " @Lard: I don't think Naughty dog would ever make the single player portion of the game any less than it should be by devoting a certain percentage of it's staff to multiplayer."

Wrong.@TheFreshmaker said:
    " @calidan777:  Lard is a troll and has no common sense--not a great combination.  Just best to let him wallow in his pool of stupidity. "
    Yet you're the one just throwing insults around.
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By randiolo
    @Lard said:
    " @marioncobretti said:
    " @Lard: I don't think Naughty dog would ever make the single player portion of the game any less than it should be by devoting a certain percentage of it's staff to multiplayer."

Yet you're the one just throwing insults around. "
    it is right to throw insults at trolls.
    Gunrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#132  Edited By Gunrock

Who are you going to listen to? someone who has played the single player campaign or someone who thinks they know what they're talking about by only having played part of the whole experience huh? and even if they have played the whole thing it doesn't really matter cause the end result is if you will like or not this game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Lard said:
    " @calidan777 said:
    *sigh*  Do I need to spell it out in Lite Brite letters for you?  Uncharted 2 having a multiplayer mode gimps the single player mode. "
    That is such a retarded assumption...
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#134  Edited By KamasamaK
    @randiolo: Thanks for video. It really gives the statement good context.

And it's nice to see trolls put in their place.
    randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By randiolo
    @Kamasama said:
    " @randiolo: Thanks for video. It really gives the statement good context.  And it's nice to see trolls put in their place. "
    glad 2 be of service.
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Lard
    @randiolo said:
    " @Lard said:
    " @marioncobretti said:

Yet you're the one just throwing insults around. "
    it is right to throw insults at trolls. "
    Which I'm not. So stop it.
    JDM006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By JDM006

I've owned a PS3 for almost 2 years and with the exception of Metal Gear Solid 4, the exclusives for the system have underwhelmed me.  I'm happy to see Uncharted 2 get such high praise and this makes me feel good about the $500 investment I made.   Its also good to see a game that really shows off the technical capabilities of the PS3.

I am also glad to see that this game has really good multiplayer.  I don't care if Adam Sessler says this game has the best single player experience ever.  The fact is that I am only going to rent a game I can beat in two days since I need to save money for other games coming out this fall.  I downloaded the demo and the multiplayer is definitely something I can come back to again and again.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @JDM006: You talk sense! I'd feel much the same if I owned a PS3. and I wish I did!
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#139  Edited By FrankCanada97

Who uses the word gimp?

cooger10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By cooger10

This is my review of the game, it fucking rapes. Hope you enjoyed my review

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#141  Edited By tearhead

You should also read the written review. One of the best reviews I ever read.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Slippy

Respect thine elders.
    MasterMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By MasterMind

i love this game. hell i loved the first one too its dope and i hope they make a third one

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#144  Edited By artofwar420
    @VWGTI said:
    "Look, the PS3 is my console of choice and I love Uncharted, but this hype is getting out of hand. I'm sure this will be a fantastic game, but come on. Greatest single player ever?  How about Ocarina of Time? Chrono Trigger? Mario 64? Final Fantasy 7?  Eh, maybe he's right. I mean a magazine gave this game a 21/10 right? Something like that. That's gotta count for something. "

I have played the whole thing yet, but I think it's a bit cynical to think that games shouldn't be considered masterpieces if they weren't made a decade ago. So... after those games, no game deserves to take the title of super awesome game?
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By THE_END

In a recent bombcast I think Jeff said he was uneasy with reviewers using words like "best game I have ever played" during a review.  He did not mention names....but do you think he was referring to Adam Sessler's review of this game?  Or was it directed towards someone else who reviews games that made a similar comment during a review?

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Cub3

I think the message Jeff was trying to get across is that he just dosen't feel that you should say that right away, That you need to let a game sink into you for a couple months, then look back on it and you can make that statement. When people first experience a game, just the rush of having it in your hands for the first time can make you think it's greater than it actually is. Not saying that Uncharted 2 isn't a great game, Im loving it right now. But yeah, maybe people just need to spend time to let it kinda sink in and see how you still feel later?

circle_of_iron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By circle_of_iron

The hyperbole surrounding Uncharted 2 is so far off the scale it's absolutely nauseating... that said i'm glad to see the PS3 starting to get some games.  It'd be nice for 360/Wii to have some meaningful competition.  

I believe that Sessler does not write all the reviews that he does for X-Play but rather they are reviewed and written by someone else and he performs them for the show.  I think I remember that he does do some of his own reviews too though.  I wonder if he wrote this review himself? 

Cub3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Cub3
    @circle_of_iron said:
    "  The hyperbole surrounding Uncharted 2 is so far off the scale it's absolutely nauseating... that said i'm glad to see the PS3 starting to get some games.  It'd be nice for 360/Wii to have some meaningful competition.    I believe that Sessler does not write all the reviews that he does for X-Play but rather they are reviewed and written by someone else and he performs them for the show.  I think I remember that he does do some of his own reviews too though.  I wonder if he wrote this review himself?  "
    I'd bet he wrote that review himself. He's been in the industry a long time and i dont think he would say that sort of comment if he himself didn't actually believe that... Who knows though... 
    trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#149  Edited By trulyalive
    @VWGTI:  PSM3 France gave it 21/20, not 21/10. Still, it illustrates the same point.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Shadow

Not only are headshots possible, but they're possible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.