Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Adam Sessler "best single player game i have ever played"

• 157 results
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#151  Edited By mordukai
    @circle_of_iron said:

"  The hyperbole surrounding Uncharted 2 is so far off the scale it's absolutely nauseating... that said i'm glad to see the PS3 starting to get some games.  It'd be nice for 360/Wii to have some meaningful competition.    I believe that Sessler does not write all the reviews that he does for X-Play but rather they are reviewed and written by someone else and he performs them for the show.  I think I remember that he does do some of his own reviews too though.  I wonder if he wrote this review himself?  "

The hype for this game is no where NEAR the level of hype Halo 3 and more recently MW2 got. Uncharted 2 hype, when compared to Halo 3 and MW2, was at the same level as an advert for a  "buy 1 get the second half off" at you local gas station.   

It's true that Sessler does not do all of the review and just like any other large gaming site or a magazine, have a team of writer and reviewers. However, he does review games and when he does he write reviews himself.  He just doesn't have the time to review every single game out there. In this case he did write the review and it a very good one too.  

From all the different reviews that came out for this game I think Brad's and Sessler's review (both the written and the video) were the best out there. 
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#152  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I gotta say, after playing and beating the game, the hype is definitely worth it. It's an awesome game, no doubt about it.

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By Slippy
    @VWGTI said:

"Look, the PS3 is my console of choice and I love Uncharted, but this hype is getting out of hand. I'm sure this will be a fantastic game, but come on. Greatest single player ever?  How about Ocarina of Time? Chrono Trigger? Mario 64? Final Fantasy 7?  Eh, maybe he's right. I mean a magazine gave this game a 21/10 right? Something like that. That's gotta count for something. "

People often list these games as the ones they think are the 'best ever' - thing is, when is it time for us to finally move on? In 20 years time, will we still be calling these relics the best ever? If we are, then nostalgia has gotten out of hand, not hype.
    Lard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#154  Edited By Lard
    @Mordukai said:
    The hype for this game is no where NEAR the level of hype Halo 3 and more recently MW2 got. Uncharted 2 hype, when compared to Halo 3 and MW2, was at the same level as an advert for a  "buy 1 get the second half off" at you local gas station."
    The hype this game is getting is *at least* as much as those, along with Ass's Creed.
    Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Zajtalan

lol for a second i read it adam sandler lol!

Special_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Special_K

Well, I beat it and he was right. :O

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By the8bitNacho

I can't say that I agree with Sessler, but the game is absolutely fucking amazing.  The game feels completely cinematic start to finish and the narrative, while not overly deep, is compelling.  I care about these characters, a point proven when I nearly launched my controller across the room during the ending.  If you've finished it, you know what I'm talking about.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#158  Edited By RichardLOlson
    @Anarchist4Eva said:
    " It's just a game people. Sessler is dweeb with an opinion just like the rest of us. "
    This is true...I mean Sessler is a guy who has an opinion, thats all..no more..no less.  I mean its not like sessler is like "GOD of Video Games" or something.  I know that everyone just adores this guy and feels that his word is GOLD or some shit....but I say "he can fuck himself" and he doesn't know any better then anyone else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.