Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

**SPOILERS** What I dont get is.... **SPOILERS**

muttjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By muttjones
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Griddler

Somethings are best left to the imagination. I don't need everything explained to me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

I think by braking Nates heart, was concerned around Elena heading back to her job as journalist rather than joining nate as apart of his treasure plundering crew or whatever. Still U2 is set like 2 years i think after the original so it could detail anything, it basically just means they parted ways in a less than happy manner. 

As for Flynn well i definatley prefered that he stayed true to the scumbag that he is, he was becoming similair to Eddy Raja's role i think and while he did help him out during the guardians hes still a selfish SOB who deep down probably even hated Nate to some extent. 
    How he got beaten up i don't know, i'd like to think that they could maybe fill it in through some DLC coop objective missions where u get to play as the villians fighting from Shambola, with the ending showing what happens to Flynn. 

Soo yeah thats my opinion on the questions, not saying their the right answers but just what i think 8).
    rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

It was Drake who broke her heart.  Drake don't take shit from no one.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By dbz1995
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai
    Valames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Valames
    @rjayb89 said:
    " It was Drake who broke her heart.  Drake don't take shit from no one. "
    This, bitch!
    blackbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By blackbeard
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By TheHBK

I thought it was clear lazarevic busted up flynn, or I dont know?  Either way, I thought it was gay for him to killhimself even after Lazarevic put him through all that.  Seriously, why would he still try to do that shit when he got nothing out of it.  Also, whenever around Lazeravic, he acted like a bitch.
    Also, as for the Elena thing, why dont we get to know more about Chloe too?  She seems like a real dumbass at the end, just trying to leave.  Also, Lazarevic was a pretty weak and shallow villain to me.  I wanted someone with more depth.  Chloe being the real mastermind would have been the shit.  Or if maybe Lazarevic was more like Ras Al Ghul from Batman.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By NinjaHunter

To me, with all of the small talk they have when you play the game it sounds like they broke up because Elena wasn't ready to handle all the shady buisness that Nate seems to always attract so she left him and went back to her old job.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Elena probably just went to do her own thing as a crazy war journalist and thats how she meets back up with Drake.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Hamz

Some things are best left to the players imagination and interpretation and in my own personal opinion I much prefer when games don't try to provide closure on every minute detail of things said in passing. Sometimes being allowed the chance to surmise and contemplate the reasons for things is half the fun in playing the game. 

Nate's a charming, witty and lovable rogue who may not think he's much of a hero but when he applies himself he can be. Elena on the other hand is a straight laced, no nonsense type of woman who doesn't seem to approve of Nate's more roguish and selfish behaviour. My guess would be she finally left him after getting fed up with the baggage that comes with his questionable lifestyle and choice of people he associates with. As for her breaking his heart my guess would be he realised too late that he had lost the best treasure in his life and likely figured he'd never be able to get her back again.

As for Harry Flynn's injuries I think it is heavily implied that he likely received them from a run-in with the Guardians. And as for his death I think it suited his character profile, all throughout the game he pretty much is an example of what Nate could be if he didn't have any moral fiber in him. As Flynn said he wasn't the sort of villainous type to turn over a new leaf and become a hero at the bitter end, he was who he was and he stuck by it.

muttjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By muttjones
    @Hamz: fair enough some things are left to the imagination but i classify no explanation at all as being a plot hole. They really should have made clear that Drake was getting shadier. 

Personally I loved this game, fav ever but i do think the story was better in Uncharted 1 in relation to the twist and the luvvy duvvy bits.
    Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By Ujio

Well they gotta leave some potential plot hole dangling for the inevitable release of Uncharted 3!

tastyhouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tastyhouse

"She broke your heart didnt she?"

I just imagined she farted in front of him.  Thats enough to get shown the door.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ineedaname
    @tastyhouse said:
    "

"She broke your heart didnt she?" 

"
    What now?
    Avatar image for the_philosopher
    The_Philosopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By The_Philosopher
    @muttjones: I think it was Lazarawich or his men that beat up Flynn. And as for the broken heart thing maybe it just didn't work out?
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Rhaknar

its pretty clear that Elena just fucked off back to her insanely dangerous reporting job (at least the stuff she choses to cover) and didnt stick around with Drake after the first game, hence she broke his heart

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By ki11tank

wow i didn't find either of those things hard to grasp.

she wanted to report therefore leaving drake, it's not like she fucked the bar tender on a cruise ship.

and clearly the mad russian mother fucker shot the dude and gave him the nade with no pin.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Akeldama

it was intentionally left out for the player to decide. 

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By sfighter21
    @slacker4life said:
    " wow i didn't find either of those things hard to grasp.  she wanted to report therefore leaving drake, it's not like she fucked the bar tender on a cruise ship.  and clearly the mad russian mother fucker shot the dude and gave him the nade with no pin. "
    HA!  Hangover...lol. 
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By sjschmidt93

Did Drake ever actually say "Yes" to that question? It's been awhile.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.