Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 13, 2009

Nathan Drake returns to find the lost secret of Marco Polo, in this sequel to the 2007 sleeper hit Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

Uncharted 2's score

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By GunstarRed

I have been listening to the Score from the game by Greg Edmonson pretty much all evening as well as enjoying it throughout the game and have been really blown away by how  incredibly amazing it is. The first game had probably my favourite musical score since  Shadow of the Colossus. I find it to be  better than 90% of what accompanies hollywood blockbusters these days and has a really unique sound  by using a lot of  instruments from all around the world. Now I know Hans Zimmers Modern Warfare 2 score will probably be an exciting, heartpounding in your face kind of musical score but Uncharted 2's has a real tenderness accompanying the more action orientated sections and it feels incredibly epic in places. There is a track on the OST called Cornered and it is easily my favourite piece from the game. It plays during the section while youre running through the building as a helicopter tries to blow you up . It has a wonderfully lighthearted bit before going into a swelling string section. I'm a sucker for a good musical score but Greg Edmonson has really gone above and beyond my expectations. I never throught a game would have such a complete musical score to accompany it.  Absolutely stunning.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By GunstarRed

I have been listening to the Score from the game by Greg Edmonson pretty much all evening as well as enjoying it throughout the game and have been really blown away by how  incredibly amazing it is. The first game had probably my favourite musical score since  Shadow of the Colossus. I find it to be  better than 90% of what accompanies hollywood blockbusters these days and has a really unique sound  by using a lot of  instruments from all around the world. Now I know Hans Zimmers Modern Warfare 2 score will probably be an exciting, heartpounding in your face kind of musical score but Uncharted 2's has a real tenderness accompanying the more action orientated sections and it feels incredibly epic in places. There is a track on the OST called Cornered and it is easily my favourite piece from the game. It plays during the section while youre running through the building as a helicopter tries to blow you up . It has a wonderfully lighthearted bit before going into a swelling string section. I'm a sucker for a good musical score but Greg Edmonson has really gone above and beyond my expectations. I never throught a game would have such a complete musical score to accompany it.  Absolutely stunning.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Hamz

Completely agree with you, the musical score in the game is a brilliant combination of adrenaline pumping and quiet tender moments. Genuinely the score suits the game, a mish mash of various emotions all at the same time during different parts of the game.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I really enjoy excellent musical scores in video games. Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Hamz:
    I also really like how it incorporates little flashes of the Uncharted theme from the first game, theres about 10 seconds of it during the sequence at the begining hanging off of the train . I really like it when scores in games do that. 

Bionic commando did it also.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By mordukai
    @SathingtonWaltz said:
    " I really enjoy excellent musical scores in video games. Shadow of the Colossus comes to mind. "
    may I add Bioshock and Mass Effect.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

there is "nates theme" (title screen)... and the "Uncharted theme" which plays after  nates theme on the title screen of the first game
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By mordukai
    @marioncobretti: If you are interested then you can buy the complete soundtrack off of iTunes. 
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GunstarRed
    @Mordukai:
    Totally forgot about Bioshock's My only real issue with it is that there isn't enough of it, they gave it away for free on the website and it's only like 27 minutes long which is such a shame, the sequence at the beginning is creepy and beautiful all at the same time.
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Does anyone know if this is for sale as a standalone disc?

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24

The music in this game is excellent. I have actually noticed in the middle of a battle how great a crescendo was being applied or just how emotional/driving it sounded. I would buy it if I could find a soundtrack disc, certainly.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Griddler

Uncharted 2 and Prince of Persia have two of my favourite scores in recent years.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By GunstarRed
    @girdz:
    I loved the prince of persia one for a bit..but it looped far too much and it got really samey, really quickly.
     but that might have only been because I was staying in areas searching for the light seeds for long periods of time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.