Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released May 10, 2016

Naughty Dog charts treasure hunter Nathan Drake's final adventure in the fourth entry of this action-adventure, swash-buckling saga.

The E3 Demo Was Played Live Both Times

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

In addition, that was only half of the total demo. The full one is available at their booth.

So, do you believe them? Was that second demo a backup kit, or a backup video? Do you think seeing any more of Uncharted 4 will change your opinions on the game?

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm a bit skeptical so I always have this thought in the back of my mind that having your game glitch out once during a presentation is a very convincing way of showing a pre-recorded demo and have the other stuff be a little "touched up" to seem more impressive.

FranticRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I believe this also means that every time Uncharted 4 gameplay has been shown, it's glitched out in one crazy way or another. Like that game has some sort of curse or something.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way I just want to play the game.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sequence looked on rails, otherwise it seemed pretty impossible to figure out where to go on the first try like they did unless there are multiple paths?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Aegon

@oursin_360 said:

That sequence looked on rails, otherwise it seemed pretty impossible to figure out where to go on the first try like they did unless there are multiple paths?

It's actually very smartly designed. There's a limited amount of routes you could take, but it's much more open than other Uncharted games. That is to say, it's not strictly linear anymore.

The way you know where to go is simple, you have to go down, so pick paths that go down. Cool, huh?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By joshwent

It really doesn't matter.

At this point, it's widely known that E3 demos aren't even necessarily representative of the final game, so "playing it live" is a futile gesture.

I'd be happy if every demo during the conferences was a video. We'd never have to suffer through that pointless awkwardness again, and devs could save time coding and practicing a perfect run-through, so they can get back to work on the actual game.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@joshwent said:

At this point, it's widely known that E3 demos aren't even necessarily representative of the final game

Naughty Dog has kind of always been on the up and up with their stuff at E3. Uncharted 2 and 3 demos were pretty indicative of the final products. Nothing about that demo seemed out of place for what an Uncharted game could pull off.

Doom, though? That bullshit? No way I'm buying into it.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You realized that WASN'T the first time they played that right? If it was a live demo, they had that shit memorized

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.