Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Valkyria Chronicles

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Apr 22, 2008

A turn-based tactics game with real-time elements, that tells the story of Squad 7 as they rally together to fight for the freedom of their country, Gallia.

Fantastic Gameplay

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SpinCookie

I picked this up and I have to say, the gameplay is superb.  I haven't played many strategy games, the major one that I have played (and loved) is Jeanne D'Arc on the PSP.  I was really hoping for just a console version of that.  And man, this blows it out of the water.  The shift from overhead planning and strategy, to 3rd person action and even more strategy is fantastic.  I love the fact that you don't just level up a person, you level up their entire class, so if they die in battle, you don't lose your hard earned experience.

This is a great game so far, I love the style, the cut scenes, the story, and especially how it plays.  I can't wait to get back into it tonight.

Anyone else pick this up, what are your thoughts?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I played the demo and enjoyed it a lot, I'm definitely gonna give this game a try in the next week or so. Glad you're liking it.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    THis game is awesome. Im getting it tomorrow when i pick up gears 2.
    fuumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By fuumo

Played the first few missions and i love the art style and tactics of the game plus 50 characters to choose from which makes the game even more sweet.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By SpinCookie
    fuumo said:
    "Played the first few missions and i love the art style and tactics of the game plus 50 characters to choose from which makes the game even more sweet."
    Yeah, the demo was great, but actually playing your first long mission felt awesome.  Being able to really plan out a strategy and move your guys around was sweet.  Plus I got Vyse on my squad.  Vyse, so hot right now, Vyse.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.