Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wanted: Weapons of Fate

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 24, 2009

Wanted: Weapons of Fate is a follow-up to the 2008 film which was loosely based on a graphic novel.

omfgwtfbbq this game is bad!

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TwoOneFive

El Oh El

thats all did playing this. 
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I thought the demo was rather bad as well, but it didn't somehow turn me into a crazy person who only speaks in ridiculous internet "words". ...I don't even think I know what "bbq" means (and I'm proud of that).

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

It means Barbecue. You know... what you do on your grill in your back yard.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64

After watching the Quick Look the game looked solid.  I should probably download the demo and check it out.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kush
    PureRok said:
    "It means Barbecue. You know... what you do on your grill in your back yard."
    So it's not some stupid internet abbreviation. I thought it had to be something stupid like "Big Bloody Quilt"...but on the topic of the Wanted demo. I found the game to play rather uncomfortably and the game looked pretty damn terrible. The people who have said that the Watchmen game looks better than the Wanted game were right. It really sucks because I can see so much potential with this license...hopefully it's just a bad/early demo.
    MayorMcCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MayorMcCheese

I enjoyed the movie but this is bad.
    I don't think they will have time to fix it.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Dude
    Kush said:
    "PureRok said:
    So it's not some stupid internet abbreviation. I thought it had to be something stupid like "Big Bloody Quilt"...but on the topic of the Wanted demo. I found the game to play rather uncomfortably and the game looked pretty damn terrible. The people who have said that the Watchmen game looks better than the Wanted game were right. It really sucks because I can see so much potential with this license...hopefully it's just a bad/early demo."
    Kush I am pretty sure you are right (inthat it stands for something else) but I have no idea what and I don't care about figuring out. However, who really thought this game looked good to begin with.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By PureRok
    The_Dude said:
    "Kush said:
    "PureRok said:
    So it's not some stupid internet abbreviation. I thought it had to be something stupid like "Big Bloody Quilt"...but on the topic of the Wanted demo. I found the game to play rather uncomfortably and the game looked pretty damn terrible. The people who have said that the Watchmen game looks better than the Wanted game were right. It really sucks because I can see so much potential with this license...hopefully it's just a bad/early demo."
    Kush I am pretty sure you are right (inthat it stands for something else) but I have no idea what and I don't care about figuring out. However, who really thought this game looked good to begin with."
    It doesn't. It was added on as a joke back in the day. The BBQ part doesn't stand for anything in particular... it's just an intensifier. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wtfbbq
    deadmonkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deadmonkeys
    JJOR64 said:
    "After watching the Quick Look the game looked solid.  I should probably download the demo and check it out."
    I also thought the game looked good after the quick look, but I won't be able to play the demo for quite a while. :(
    lolwot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By lolwot

deleted

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive
    Kush said:
    "I thought the demo was rather bad as well, but it didn't somehow turn me into a crazy person who only speaks in ridiculous internet "words". ...I don't even think I know what "bbq" means (and I'm proud of that)."
    and your a mod? i could easily report you for insulting me ya douche. i dont know what it means either i saw it in a gaf thread once. 
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
    lolwot said:
    "I thought the Wanted demo was the best of the three demos released recently: Wheelman, Wanted, and Riddick."
    please. riddick will be the far superior of the three when released. 
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

From what I saw on Brad and Vinny's Quick Look, I wasn't impressed...so I doubt playing the demo will change that much.  As for the other two, I already know Riddick will be fucking awesome...since the original was fucking awesome.  Wheelman...every time I see video gameplay footage, I want to play it...because it's so over-the-top and ridiculous but super awesome at the same time.  I should definitely check that out.  

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By get2sammyb

I'm also bemused by the amount of critical press the game has been getting. The demo was terrible. It didn't even feel like you were shooting guns, more that you were moving a pointer and clicking on enemies. The sound design had no oomph to it, the graphics were horrible, the gameplay uninspired and... the level design was really repetitive. EVEN just the short segment in the demo was repetitive.

I can't believe people are into it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kush

I'll be honest...I found the tutorials more enjoyable than the actual demo level.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BiggerBomb
    get2sammyb said:
    "I'm also bemused by the amount of critical press the game has been getting. The demo was terrible. It didn't even feel like you were shooting guns, more that you were moving a pointer and clicking on enemies. The sound design had no oomph to it, the graphics were horrible, the gameplay uninspired and... the level design was really repetitive. EVEN just the short segment in the demo was repetitive.I can't believe people are into it."

My 2c cannot give any valid commentary (I didn't demo WoF,) but I thought Brad's Quick Look showed off a pretty cool game.
    LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

played the demo, and after playing it, i was like.....ummmm, yeah, im totally NOT getting this game. the shooting in this game feels terrible, it feels and sound like you're shooting a BB-gun. and the whole "holding your hand" cover system?? NO THANKS!!!

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#18  Edited By ImperiousRix

I have the game, and although it's got some pretty solid mechanics and is relatively enjoyable and exciting, it's 3 fucking hours long.  I bought it yesterday, beat it today.  Certainly it doesn't wear out its welcome, but it was barely there to begin with!
    I intend to write a review, but I'm torn as to how to judge this game.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Al3xand3r

So it won't sell 3 million copies to make a profit?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Claude

Yet more next gen shovelware.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
    ImperiousRix said:
    "I have the game, and although it's got some pretty solid mechanics and is relatively enjoyable and exciting, it's 3 fucking hours long.  I bought it yesterday, beat it today.  Certainly it doesn't wear out its welcome, but it was barely there to begin with!I intend to write a review, but I'm torn as to how to judge this game."
    lol three hours?! thats not even worth a psn download
    BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BigBoss1911

The game was generic as hell but the knife kill is awesome.

freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By freezerr

3 hours long for $60? Count me out. I'm not even sure if that's worth an $8 rental. Was the game itself good?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LiquidPrince
    LiquidPrince said:
    "From what I've seen the game looked pretty damn good. I guess I'm going to go try out the demo."
    Yeah, I change my previous comment. The game was decent, not great.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By JoelTGM

I played the demo and then deleted it a few minutes later.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

LOL did any of you expect otherwise? its based on a movie with angelina jolie in it? let alone even without her it was crap the script was crap but with her? its like omega crap the end of crap time.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LiquidPrince
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "LOL did any of you expect otherwise? its based on a movie with angelina jolie in it? let alone even without her it was crap the script was crap but with her? its like omega crap the end of crap time."
    She's not even in the game...
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#28  Edited By tearhead

I dunno... I think this game is worth a rent, at least.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.